Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livestock/General Farming photo thread ***READ MOD NOTE IN POST #1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Bodacious wrote: »
    photo_zps86ddacb8.jpg

Did it stay dry for you, got last mine yesterday, baled it in the morning when it looked like rain, turned out a smasher of a day then,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

Did you get my good side??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

Did it stay dry for you, got last mine yesterday, baled it in the morning when it looked like rain, turned out a smasher of a day then,

I did .. Got 45 bales of good stuff ... Condition mower ... Cut wed 9am , baled Friday 8.30 ... No rain, could have done with a wilter/muffler or even the side turner as many lads are now using

I did .. Got 45 bales of good stuff ... Condition mower ... Cut wed 9am , baled Friday 8.30 ... No rain, could have done with a wilter/muffler or even the side turner as many lads are now using

Good stuff, usually give mine a spin of the hay bob after 24 hrs, makes a Huge difference

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

How are you after the accident?

• Advertisement

Good stuff, usually give mine a spin of the hay bob after 24 hrs, makes a Huge difference

Sorry about the chat on this thread. But do you not find the hay bob puts the nice straight wind rolls all over the place ?

Sorry about the chat on this thread. But do you not find the hay bob puts the nice straight wind rolls all over the place ?

One can only use the tools at their disposal,

• Registered Users Posts: 24,369 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Side Turner? You mean a rake

Reggie. wrote: »
    Side Turner? You mean a rake

no these yokes are making a comeback as I know a place that have never sold as much belts for these old yokes favoured over hay bob like I have
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRbHLY8HKtg

following condition mower ....flick outside 2 to the right and 3rd one to the left, 3 into one and better feed into the baler

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭rushvalley

no these yokes are making a comeback as I know a place that have never sold as much belts for these old yokes favoured over hay bob like I have

following condition mower ....flick outside 2 to the right and 3rd one to the left, 3 into one and better feed into the baler

We always rowed our silage with a pz version till this year when the belt snapped. Where can you get belts for them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

photo_zps86ddacb8.jpg

Does the quad not be rising on the front? :D

Busy busy :D

Muckit wrote: »
    Does the quad not be rising on the front? :D

Nah... I throw 2 bags of ration on front grill and she is sound

rushvalley wrote: »
    We always rowed our silage with a pz version till this year when the belt snapped. Where can you get belts for them?

Try Genfit in Kiltimagh co. Mayo , that's who was telling me he can't stock enough belts

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

We have one, I think it's JF, green and yellow one, I'l turn on the desktop tomorrow as I think I have a few pictures of it on there, tis in a sorry state though. Would need all new belts, two new tires and plenty of grease :D

I know of one lad that took off the prongs and put yard brush heads on his and he uses it as a road sweeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭rushvalley

Try Genfit in Kiltimagh co. Mayo , that's who was telling me he can't stock enough belts

Does the belt come with pre drilled holes?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,160 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Busy busy :D
    Do they not go with a third row or did you just take a time out for the pic :)

Base price wrote: »
    Do they not go with a third row or did you just take a time out for the pic :)

Only go with two rows here. Cops are out in force this weather in told. 40 bales a run ain't bad when there's a few being loaded. Shifted 350 or so bales yesterday between 6am and 3pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Figerty

How do you spot a farmer on a ride on Lawnmower?

They are the ones looking backwards at the grass filling the box..
    I found myself today holding open the flap and looking over my right shoulder into the box as the lawnmower was cutting like on the tractor looking back at the mower or topper.

Non farmers just drive looking straight ahead..

Figerty wrote: »

I found myself today holding open the flap and looking over my right shoulder into the box as the lawnmower was cutting like on the tractor looking back at the mower or topper.

No farmers just drive looking straight ahead..

Surprised ya weren't feeding it to the cattle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Figerty

Surprised ya weren't feeding it to the cattle

I was, let it grown high as leaf so when it's cut its digestable.. I'm not on of those lawnmower types that cuts when it grows a 1/4inch brigade.

Figerty wrote: »

Non farmers just drive looking straight ahead..
    On that note, I can with ease look over my right shoulder however I don't have the same flexibility if I ever have the cause to look over my left shoulder :confused: Anyone else have the same problem. I reckon it's because of thousands of hours spent in the tractor.
    Apologies Mods for going "slightly" off topic :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Base price wrote: »
    On that note, I can with ease look over my right shoulder however I don't have the same flexibility if I ever have the cause to look over my left shoulder :confused: Anyone else have the same problem. I reckon it's because of thousands of hours spent in the tractor.
    Apologies Mods for going "slightly" off topic :eek:

Remember when I first started working with contractor wrapping I had a crick in my neck for a fortnight, hasn't happened me since though!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Grey in the background, gray in the foreground.

aSZ0FFGl.jpg

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

greysides wrote: »

aSZ0FFGl.jpg
    Connie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

greysides wrote: »

No grey at the sides?:pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Not my horse but I think she was an Irish Draught, not a Connemara.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

Wicklow mountains near Knockananna.

M6NMCzel.jpg

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Cross beach looking at Clare Island (livestock are behind me :D)
    318988.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

My poor beleaguered tractor again (for those who missed it the first time) with nose ring :D

305915.JPG

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement