Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livestock/General Farming photo thread ***READ MOD NOTE IN POST #1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

tanko wrote: »
    Never saw that:o. There was something else written on the cab. I wonder what year it is?

Could be the make of the cab, erm its 6006 era or possibly earlier, so mid to late 60's

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

ah but an angus will never match the lim and I think its unfair to expect them too but they can serve a role for tightening up the calving spread or in my case I dont like too put too many generations of lim into my cows so in thast case the angus comes in

Is there sexed semen available for GJB?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

just do it wrote: »
    Is there sexed semen available for GJB?!
    nope

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Real vintage tractor pulling!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,369 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Mates have two of them show engines in England. Earl Beatty and quo vadis. Seen quo pull a sleigh before. It reared up but kept going even with the sleigh fully dug in. Just ran out of track in the end :D

• Advertisement

It's some sight to see them pulling! I remember them pulling a dollied trailer up across the field at fingal show one year, the trailer was literaly being dragged through the ground by a pair of steamers, it was loaded up with concrete and sinking in to the field something awful

Zr105 wrote: »
    It's some sight to see them pulling! I remember them pulling a dollied trailer up across the field at fingal show one year, the trailer was literaly being dragged through the ground by a pair of steamers, it was loaded up with concrete and sinking in to the field something awful

Were ya ever at the Dorset steam fair

Reggie. wrote: »
    Were ya ever at the Dorset steam fair

No haven't been. Wouldn't mind going some time alright tho!

No haven't been. Wouldn't mind going some time alright tho!

You would enjoy the "playpen"

You would enjoy the "playpen"

Id say so alright! Shows are great for seing yokes all sparkling and parked up, but there's nothing beats seing them moving/working!
    Watching new yokes on tractor pulling sled would put you to sleep most of the time tho...
    I'd rather see the home built concoction getting a roasting, even just more classic tractors that give a bit of a grumble... The sort that you can tell they have actual horsepower by the combination of belching black smoke and crunching gear bags rather as aposed to the cvt box todling along at 1600rpm :(

• Advertisement

Id say so alright! Shows are great for seing yokes all sparkling and parked up, but there's nothing beats seing them moving/working!
    Watching new yokes on tractor pulling sled would put you to sleep most of the time tho...
    I'd rather see the home built concoction getting a roasting, even just more classic tractors that give a bit of a grumble... The sort that you can tell they have actual horsepower by the combination of belching black smoke and crunching gear bags rather as aposed to the cvt box todling along at 1600rpm :(

:D

:D

I take it you'd second my opinion then :D:D only stayed at the pulling for about 10 minutes that time i was up at fingal, got to see a county and tw doing pulls, and a few modified, a 6cyl major and and ursus that i can think of, then they hooked up to it with a t7050 and it got boring straight away.... Id rather like the 7050 and all but i wouldn't be bothered watching it pull the sled....

I take it you'd second my opinion then :D:D only stayed at the pulling for about 10 minutes that time i was up at fingal, got to see a county and tw doing pulls, and a few modified, a 6cyl major and and ursus that i can think of, then they hooked up to it with a t7050 and it got boring straight away.... Id rather like the 7050 and all but i wouldn't be bothered watching it pull the sled....

There was a Ford major doing the rounds one time in Dorset with 4 V12 engines I believe. Now that thing was impressive

There was a Ford major doing the rounds one time in Dorset with 4 V12 engines I believe. Now that thing was impressive

Bloody hell that must have been some sight....

Bloody hell that must have been some sight....

It was about 20 foot long :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭sandydan

be a good yoke for a haybob:)

sandydan wrote: »
    be a good yoke for a haybob:)

It would leave the two reels in opposite fields :D

Finally joined the 21st century and got the concrete floor into the crush :D
    Also put the bar into the end gate as suggested by someone. Can't be certain who it was (think it was td5man or muckit) but good suggestion either ways.

Pic of crush

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Pic of crush

Did putting down the concrete raise the floor height of the crush by much?

• Advertisement

I said wrote: »
    Did putting down the concrete raise the floor height of the crush by much?

Put in an average of three and a half inches so that would be the height rise. I had more gravel in it than I thought so when I leveled it all out id say the over all height rise was roughly 2 inches

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

You have very quiet cattle Reggie! I'd surely get a one to run up first and climb out the corners. She'd have great speed built up with that runway but that bar sticking up would soon quiten her though, possibly for good!! :D:D

Muckit wrote: »
    You have very quiet cattle Reggie! I'd surely get a one to run up first and climb out the corners. She'd have great speed built up with that runway but that bar sticking up would soon quiten her though, possibly for good!! :D:D

That bar is the back bar. I'm gonna raise the left side by another foot or two to discourage them from jumping as I had one attempt it a week back. Only way out would be the right side but that's where we would be so if we can't stop them nothing would :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

Started throwing a bit of meal to pair of twins lastnight .. Put a bit of shape/weight to them for selling
    photo_zps95070852.jpg

Bodacious wrote: »
    Started throwing a bit of meal to pair of twins lastnight .. Put a bit of shape/weight to them for selling
    photo_zps95070852.jpg
    Very nice bod

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

Very nice bod

I bet you say that to all the girls :D

Damo810 wrote: »
    I bet you say that to all the girls :D

Nah its more grab your coat....you've pulled ;)

Very nice bod

I bought them handy enough off of a neighbour at a day old where cow was doomed and I had the foster cow to rear them .. They well bred but TBH I thought they'd be more shapey but FR cow I had had been along time calved so I'm sure milk quality wouldn't be as good as a single suckled calf.. You'd imagine they would thrive well now for next man, compensatory growth and all that !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Bodacious wrote: »
    I bought them handy enough off of a neighbour at a day old where cow was doomed and I had the foster cow to rear them .. They well bred but TBH I thought they'd be more shapey but FR cow I had had been along time calved so I'm sure milk quality wouldn't be as good as a single suckled calf.. You'd imagine they would thrive well now for next man, compensatory growth and all that !

What happened the cow Bodacious? Nosey Kovu is nosey:p

• Advertisement

.Kovu. wrote: »
    What happened the cow Bodacious? Nosey Kovu is nosey:p

hi Kovu,

massive big rupture/growth inside of her stomach.. she was all out on one side and down over one side down over udder etc.. she looked like a badly baled bale of silage on one side.. vet took twins and she got factory .. I got them manufactured colostrum and onto foster cow handy enough

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement