Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livestock/General Farming photo thread ***READ MOD NOTE IN POST #1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

And so we start again. GJB bull out of an Fl22 heifer. This guy decided to come backwards so a bit of rope work to get him out

Bogman are you going into dairying aswell. Some freisens there in the background:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

Bogman_bass. You happy with GJB? I've a few weanlings I must take a few photos of. I've also a few FL22 heifers to come in as replacements but they're not the quietest :rolleyes:

dh1985 wrote: »
    Calves starting on meal. Didnt take too long to get in on the hang of it

How're you separating them? Mine starting tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭onyerbikepat

Calves starting on meal. Didnt take too long to get in on the hang of it
    Serious calves there. Your own bull, or AI?
    If they don't sell well, time for all of us to pack it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭dh1985

just do it wrote: »
    How're you separating them? Mine starting tomorrow

There all fairly quiet so we do just round them up in the corner of a paddock separate out the cows with some white tape and open off the electric fence into that little coral set up. They head on in handy enough. Smaller calves dont generally bother coming in but they will be held over the winter so lots of time for them yet

• Advertisement

Serious calves there. You're own bull or AI?
    If they don't sell well, time for all of us to pack it in.

They are all off our own charolais bull. Apart from a limosin heifer thats there. Shes off a belgian blue springerbheifer we bought earlier in the year. Earmarked to keep for a cow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Ye breed 'em, l'll feed 'em :D

Muckit wrote: »
    Ye breed 'em, l'll feed 'em :D

I hope your around when there selling so, and many more like you

• Registered Users Posts: 24,370 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Feeding time

There all fairly quiet so we do just round them up in the corner of a paddock separate out the cows with some white tape and open off the electric fence into that little coral set up. They head on in handy enough. Smaller calves dont generally bother coming in but they will be held over the winter so lots of time for them yet
    I wouldn't fancy doing that with mine. I'll let mine into the shed and the calves will pass through the creep gates to the feed.

• Advertisement

I hope your around when there selling so, and many more like you

Here here, hope you're in Ennis in a few weeks. I'll get my name changed on the board to JDI and ye can biz away :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Mac Taylor wrote: »
    Bogman are you going into dairying aswell. Some freisens there in the background:D:D

You lads miss nothing! Nah Been there done that! Neighbours leggy bullocks in the background there!

Bogman_bass. You happy with GJB? I've a few weanlings I must take a few photos of. I've also a few FL22 heifers to come in as replacements but they're not the quietest :rolleyes:

I have a couple of calves off him. I'm happy enough with them. Probably the best angus going for the suckler herd ATM.
    Good for heifers/late calvers

As for FL22 we had a lot of animals bred by him and with the exception of one hoor of a bullock we had no issues with him. great stock and very easy calved. Haven't seen anything to match him since he went.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭GrandSoftDay

A planish enough march born bull calf off a lim springer. She must have plenty of milk though because he's well over 300kg without an ounce of meal got. Hopefully the new bull will put a bit more shape and less gut into her calves. 8F853231-ADCD-4FD8-8F78-E44DD089BFB4_zpsgu3es255.jpg

I have a couple of calves off him. I'm happy enough with them. Probably the best angus going for the suckler herd ATM.
    Good for heifers/late calvers

As for FL22 we had a lot of animals bred by him and with the exception of one hoor of a bullock we had no issues with him. great stock and very easy calved. Haven't seen anything to match him since he went.
    Took a look through the weanlings this morning and very happy with both HCA and EFZ calves. 2 GJB bulls are ok but not as good as EFZ/HCA despite being out of good cows. Was hoping for heifers of course :rolleyes:

It turns out it's HCA heifers I've coming through not FL22 and I'm not disappointed. Now that I recall I found the few FL22's I had to too lively for my liking as replacements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭onyerbikepat

I have one EFZ heifer. Born tiny but shaping up well now at only a month old. I'll use him again, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭tanko

Can anyone tell me how to put more than one photo in a single post?
    When I go into manage attachments and upload a second photo the first photo disappears and only the second one appears in the post ifykwim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

You on the phone or laptop tanko?

.Kovu. wrote: »
    You on the phone or laptop tanko?

Using an iPad.

tanko wrote: »
    Using an iPad.

Couldn't be simple could you:eek: Only ever used one of those at work. Ummm, you're choosing the file and hitting upload yea? Then when you go to choose another one, the first disappears?

Could be just a glitch happening on the ipad for some reason, worked just fine for me trying it there now.
    If you want to put them up singly I can move them all into the one post for you.

• Advertisement

Couldn't be simple could you:eek: Only ever used one of those at work. Ummm, you're choosing the file and hitting upload yea? Then when you go to choose another one, the first disappears?

Could be just a glitch happening on the ipad for some reason, worked just fine for me trying it there now.
    If you want to put them up singly I can move them all into the one post for you.

Yeah, that's what's happening. Sure I'll stick them up singly. Thanks.

Yeah, that's what's happening. Sure I'll stick them up singly. Thanks.

Do you want me to put them together or leave them be?

Do you want me to put them together or leave them be?

I don't mind, this's will take a while:o

I don't mind, this's will take a while:o

Fire away, I'll tidy them all together after you're done, can embed them too if you like. I'll be up for oh.....3 more hours or so.

Took a look through the weanlings this morning and very happy with both HCA and EFZ calves. 2 GJB bulls are ok but not as good as EFZ/HCA despite being out of good cows. Was hoping for heifers of course :rolleyes:

It turns out it's HCA heifers I've coming through not FL22 and I'm not disappointed. Now that I recall I found the few FL22's I had to too lively for my liking as replacements.

ah but an angus will never match the lim and I think its unfair to expect them too but they can serve a role for tightening up the calving spread or in my case I dont like too put too many generations of lim into my cows so in thast case the angus comes in

the cows are fine lumps of animals but they arent the prettiest are they?

the cows are fine lumps of animals but they arent the prettiest are they?

True, I didn't see any calves off them. Serious land out there. The biggest problem they have is a lack of rain in the summer:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

Can't remember the make of this, could it be a fizzoni?

Do you mean the tractor? It has the duetz badge up front?

• Advertisement

Zr105 wrote: »
    Do you mean the tractor? It has the duetz badge up front?

Never saw that:o. There was something else written on the cab. I wonder what year it is?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement