Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livestock/General Farming photo thread ***READ MOD NOTE IN POST #1***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

naughto wrote: »
    so when do i call around and pick up my prize as in the calf??i have a new

ready to collect him

Don't forget Legwax was right too.............Ye may split him:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭limo_100

Karen112 wrote: »
    No, according to Dad, we still need the stock filed every year online..
    So yes Dad, I will fill in the AI data and the AI time, plus GES estimate..on a book, despite me doing it online on a calendar which I sent already online.... Older generation though so cant say or do much..............except beat him at solitare:rolleyes:
    Though in saying that, we have a small herd so it's not much work.

its there way or the highway ha... same as that only a small herd aswell it does be nice to go over old records it does remind me of the cows that it all started with some good old cows and the nicknames that went with them....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

limo_100 wrote: »
    its there way or the highway ha... same as that only a small herd aswell it does be nice to go over old records it does remind me of the cows that it all started with some good old cows and the nicknames that went with them....

Aye, anyone remember Hari Kari? (may have spelled that incorrectly)

Karen112 wrote: »
    Aye, anyone remember Hari Kari? (may have spelled that incorrectly)

I do. Well. Used him a nice bit too. He was a useful bull enough too on a cow with size if I recall correctly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

HWN, HOLLOWTREE NICKOLAS is by Hari Kiri. They both look very similar too. I've used HWN but not Hari Kiri.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

got out again with cam

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

13spanner wrote: »
    Right so, I saw this photo on the ''Donegal Democrat'' Facebook page (link) and I thought ye might like to see it. Not my photo, but I hope its alright to be putting it up here, because you don't see many like this :D

A nose lead your only man in that situation. Anyone know what spooked it?

Fair play to Paidi O Se on the rope! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

got out again with cam[/QUOTE]

Lovely stock there legwax. Nice creep setup. Why have you one lad out on his own?

I find it shocking hard to judge on video the age/weight.
    What are we talking about for them nice Bulls?

Muckit wrote: »
    Fair play to Paidi O Se on the rope! :D

Brilliant!

Maybe that was one of the 'F***ing animals' Paudi got in hot water about a few year ago:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

leg wax wrote: »
    got out again with cam

Lovely cattle! That muscley red/blue one at the beginning is a smasher.

I did have to laugh at 1.23........FU WAS HRE......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

got out again with cam
    Great calves legwax, I subscribed, keep em coming!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

Lovely stock leg wax. BB calf at 2:23 particularly caught my eye.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Hey Legwax, anymore videos like this and you'll be getting shippers PM'ing you for a phone no. Great cattle, as a local auctioneer would say 'this man has em good'

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

Muckit wrote: »
    got out again with cam

Lovely stock there legwax. Nice creep setup. Why have you one lad out on his own?[/QUOTE]
    the lad on his own is a comrade of the bulls on kale,but this guy is very timid and would not eat meal with the rest when i was feeding along the wire so i said he would not do out for the winter,pity i did not bring in the other shapey bulls as this fellow has left the others behind now,hes going to be just nice for sale in feb.remember the little runt of a calf with the blonde cow that i put up a pic of thats him at 2.47 on the film.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭island of tighe

got out again with cam
    great calves legwax.a few questions. are they ai bred? what are you feeding them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭limo_100

the lad on his own is a comrade of the bulls on kale,but this guy is very timid and would not eat meal with the rest when i was feeding along the wire so i said he would not do out for the winter,pity i did not bring in the other shapey bulls as this fellow has left the others behind now,hes going to be just nice for sale in feb.remember the little runt of a calf with the blonde cow that i put up a pic of thats him at 2.47 on the film.

did i see a parthenaise calf it there?? when where they calved aug sept is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Pat the lad

Lovely stock Legwax

great calves legwax.a few questions. are they ai bred? what are you feeding them
    most are ai bred some by stock bull,they are getting red mills 14% high grain.

limo_100 wrote: »
    did i see a parthenaise calf it there?? when where they calved aug sept is it?
    yes i have a 4-5 parts,calves are over the place with dates as it suits me and my good cows,big calf is july and youngest part is 3 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭PatQfarmer

got out again with cam
    Fantastic stock!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Thats it! I'm never looking at another picure or video of Leg Wax's stock again. It's just depressing to see a lad that far ahead of you in the breeding game!

Thats it! I'm never looking at another picure or video of Leg Wax's stock again. It's just depressing to see a lad that far ahead of you in the breeding game!
    thanks for that:confused:, but i have been traveling lately looking at part bulls and i am finding out how far behind i am,i am coverted from now on its bb in the ai gun and part bull to mop up, cant get a bull that i like for this season but have bought a bull to get me out of trouble ,all the good bulls are been sold a year before they can serve a cow so will go shopping in the summer again for next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

thanks for that:confused:, but i have been traveling lately looking at part bulls and i am finding out how far behind i am,i am coverted from now on its bb in the ai gun and part bull to mop up, cant get a bull that i like for this season but have bought a bull to get me out of trouble ,all the good bulls are been sold a year before they can serve a cow so will go shopping in the summer again for next year.

why do you think your behind? another question,I think you said there before you used to milk, are you able to maintain your farmer income on sucklers compared to the milk, also when you got out of the milk had you bred some of your own sucklers or had to start from scratch and buy in cows/ heifers. the reason i ask is your calves all look fairly consistant good quality so just wondering how you build up the cows to that level

why do you think your behind? another question,I think you said there before you used to milk, are you able to maintain your farmer income on sucklers compared to the milk, also when you got out of the milk had you bred some of your own sucklers or had to start from scratch and buy in cows/ heifers. the reason i ask is your calves all look fairly consistant good quality so just wondering how you build up the cows to that level
    i went into 2 yards in the last 2 days both men had 60 or so sucklers both were part men, the cows were amazing and the calves even better,i can tell you part is the way ahead for shapey cattle.have i the same income now ,no,but i am earning more per hour worked compared to milking,theres no work with sucklers compared to milking i have all my work done with 80 sucklers on a normal day in the time it took me to do 1 milking.i mind the children do most of the house work .i sold the milk cows and bought in everthing.if i see a cow or heifer that is better than a cow at home i buy her,as you know i dont put money into fancey buildings because its the cow that makes the money not the concrete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

i went into 2 yards in the last 2 days both men had 60 or so sucklers both were part men, the cows were amazing and the calves even better,i can tell you part is the way ahead for shapey cattle....
    He's 'taking the soup' lads. Would you go the full hog to purebred registered?

pakalasa wrote: »
    He's 'taking the soup' lads. Would you go the full hog to purebred registered?
    yes yes yes:D

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭island of tighe

i know a top quality suckler farmer in the south east who has won some awards.he changed from limousin to partenise a couple of years ago.worst move he ever made, too many uneven calves no uniformity at all.be careful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

I would hazard a guess and say the reason there is a lack of uniformity would be that the breed is relatively new and not well established here?

Not an expert now but I am guessing that uniformity will come with time.

• Advertisement

i know a top quality suckler farmer in the south east who has won some awards.he changed from limousin to partenise a couple of years ago.worst move he ever made, too many uneven calves no uniformity at all.be careful
    well tell him not to go blue if he wants uniformity,white,blue,black,brown,even red, muscle,no muscle , growth,no growth,bad feet, ok feet,the list is endless.:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement