Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livestock/General Farming photo thread ***READ MOD NOTE IN POST #1***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

It's a bit like a padlock on a gate, it will only stop an honest man. If someone wants to get in they'll find a way round it, over it or through it.

Same on here, everything you do on line leaves a trail. If someone wants to find out who you are they'll keep digging/googling.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭stanflt

fixed a few strands of electric wire today and turned back on the fencer.

milking cows go back out in the morning-earliest ever

005lf.jpg
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

stanflt wrote: »

milking cows go back out in the morning-earliest ever

Fair play Stanfit, some acheivement. Some great grass there too, looks like fields here......in May :o:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Stanflt,
    That's some field of grass for this time of year. A lot of people further up north, must feel like crying when they see that. You're in Wicklow, right?
    When were the fields closed up and when will you finish the first round of grazing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

pakalasa wrote: »
    Stanflt,
    That's some field of grass for this time of year. A lot of people further up north, must feel like crying when they see that. You're in Wicklow, right?

Serious field of grass alright. Impressive sight in mid Jan.
    I had it in my head that Stan was in East Meath?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

Heres a few of the uncles cows up in the winterage earlier, Not fat but fit youd say!! They are not being fed yet, They will get a few nuts about a month before they start to calve.
    photo.jpg

photo-1.jpg

photo-2.jpg

Just to give you an idea of how high up they are

photo-3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Heres a few of the uncles cows up in the winterage earlier, Not fat but fit youd say!! They are not being fed yet, They will get a few nuts about a month before they start to calve.
    photo-2.jpg

Love that Lim, nice small and friendly head on her. Do you know what she's off?

pakalasa wrote: »
    Stanflt,
    When were the fields closed up and when will you finish the first round of grazing?

im in meath

this field was closed on the 18th october and the last paddock was closed 21st november

will finish first rotation 21march-
    cows only out for 3hours a day till then

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

im in meath

this field was closed on the 18th october and the last paddock was closed 21st november

will finish first rotation 21march-
    cows only out for 3hours a day till then

So did you let them out today then?

Muckit wrote: »
    So did you let them out today then?

had them out for 2hours

milk all year round

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

Karen112 wrote: »
    Love that Lim, nice small and friendly head on her. Do you know what she's off?

To be honest karen I couldnt tell ya, Nearly all his cows are lims out of shorthorns or saler x but I dont see any shorthorn in her.

enjoying the january sun

011pk.jpg

002yri.jpg
    004ldb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭J DEERE

Great to see animals back out so early. Let few off today. Reseeded ground grew grass over the winter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

at last thanks to limo.

Some really great quality stock.
    Some username too:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

enjoying the january sun

011pk.jpg

002yri.jpg
    004ldb.jpg
    see you're going to be in the journal:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

leg wax wrote: »
    at last thanks to limo.

Stock looking great there leg wax, thriving away outdoors. No doubt the kale needs to be set on suitable dry land to start with!

How much land do you need to set aside per animal? For example how many yearling heifers would 5 acres feed for the winter?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭weefarmer

at last thanks to limo.
    Sorry to be a nuisance but could you or anyone put up a link for this please! I have no laptop and only use the phone, its a balls!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

weefarmer wrote: »
    Sorry to be a nuisance but could you or anyone put up a link for this please! I have no laptop and only use the phone, its a balls!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPZNORF7JNo&feature=player_embedded

great looking stock leg wax

what happened to the fella at 2:24.

• Advertisement

just do it wrote: »
    Stock looking great there leg wax, thriving away outdoors. No doubt the kale needs to be set on suitable dry land to start with!

How much land do you need to set aside per animal? For example how many yearling heifers would 5 acres feed for the winter?
    i dont know to be straight,if you moved the wire twice a day they are going to eat more kale less silage at a guess 2o-25 .i have 16 bulls and13 heifers on 8 acres, bulls will be gone on the 4th feb the heifers will finish off the rest by 1st march.

red menace wrote: »
    great looking stock leg wax

what happened to the fella at 2:24.
    well spotted ,a weanling heifer got in calf by mistake and he got stuck at the hips comeing out,and the muscle died that pulls his leg forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

Ok, not quite farming....

(our front lawn is far rougher looking than stan's fields)

but still, daisies in the lawn on the 15th of january!

daisies.jpg

Saw gorse in flower in bandon on new years day too, but got no pic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

Front of Pit is keeping well and the boyos in theshed are almost cleaning it out.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

well spotted ,a weanling heifer got in calf by mistake and he got stuck at the hips comeing out,and the muscle died that pulls his leg forward.
    they are in great shape wax, would the kale itself put them in that condition or do you give them meal as well?

they are in great shape wax, would the kale itself put them in that condition or do you give them meal as well?
    heifers got no meal ,bulls are on addlib since christmas and are eating 8-9 kilos a day:mad:.

heifers got no meal ,bulls are on addlib since christmas and are eating 8-9 kilos a day:mad:.

Serious meal feeding there, where are they heading and when?

(I laughed to myself when I saw the :mad:. Anyone would think they are coming in and taking it off your table:D)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

i dont know to be straight,if you moved the wire twice a day they are going to eat more kale less silage at a guess 2o-25 .i have 16 bulls and13 heifers on 8 acres, bulls will be gone on the 4th feb the heifers will finish off the rest by 1st march.

Well done on those cattle and getting a video uploaded:pac: on here, I've given up trying to upload photos on here.

You showed the heifers first, then when the bulls started I thought jazus thats a savage looking heifer:o

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

Bizzum wrote: »
    Serious meal feeding there, where are they heading and when?

(I laughed to myself when I saw the :mad:. Anyone would think they are coming in and taking it off your table:D)
    carnew mart 4th feb.

• Advertisement

Tis not holding him back much anyway
    IN great shape other than that

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement