Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livestock/General Farming photo thread ***READ MOD NOTE IN POST #1***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

The trailer is 28 foot long and goes behind a pick up cost $27,000

Those goosenecks are some trailers.

would those goose neck trailers work off a fast track??????????[/QUOTE]

Doubt if they would, the gooseneck looks very low,
    Maybe with a bit of a modification

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭naughto

1128736599.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

naughto wrote: »
    1128736599.gif

jees, thats rough on the poor thing, down on concrete also, yonn dude in pen was lucky to get his ass out of the way!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

naughto wrote: »
    1128736599.gif
    That's a great party trick:-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

holy fook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

where have i seen that before :cool: oh yes my fl22 weanling bull when i put him on his own:eek:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

lucky it didnt catch its legs in the gate on the way over, saw a weanling breaking his leg when he did that- what fun

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭sean_0

From last Christmas - christmas day I think.

Christmas%2525202010%252520016.JPG

Christmas%2525202010%252520011.JPG

Christmas%2525202010%252520022.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

A couple of BAX cows

Pic 093 is a BA x AAX Cow a week from calving, carrying a Lim.

Pic 094 is a BA (Landais) x CHX again will calve within a week to ABI Lim. Carrying her 3rd calf. Her previous 2 were super heifers. Her first calf by the Lim bull Redpaths Jaguar (RSJ) is springing to the Lim FL22! (I took a Pic but it vanished into thin air!)

Pic 105 is a BA (Landais) x Ped CH, calved her third calf 2 days ago. A super bull calf off the Lim Millbrook Vic. A super cow to breed.

Pic 096 BA cow from above, from another angle with her calf today. I didn't have the heart to put him up in the rain!

Pic 109 Ped CH cow by Newlook (NWK), Dam of BAX above, Heading off next week! (She could be 900Kgs)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

Bizzum wrote: »
    A couple of BAX cows

Pic 093 is a BA x AAX Cow a week from calving, carrying a Lim.

Pic 094 is a BA (Landais) x CHX again will calve within a week to ABI Lim. Carrying her 3rd calf. Her previous 2 were super heifers.

Pic 105 is a BA (Landais) x Ped CH, calved her third calf 2 days ago. A super bull calf off the Lim Millbrook Vic. A super cow to breed.

Pic 096 BA cow from above, from another angle with her calf today. I didn't have the heart to put him up in the rain!

Pic 109 Ped CH cow by Newlook (NWK), Dam of BAX above, Heading off next week!

mighty looking stock there

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Pat the lad

[Quote=Bizzum;

lovely stock Bizzum.
    good bag of milk on her too. where does she get her milk from. BAx Ch wouldn't normally be known for milk. you find the BA'S good for breeding??? given their Lack of milk ( normally)??
    I 've culled alot of mine, any left I've but sim on them to try get milk into them

[Quote=Bizzum;

lovely stock Bizzum.
    good bag of milk on her too. where does she get her milk from. BAx Ch wouldn't normally be known for milk. you find the BA'S good for breeding??? given their Lack of milk ( normally)??
    I 've culled alot of mine, any left I've but sim on them to try get milk into them

She is a good milker. Her mother was a good milker for a CH, as was her mother. The sire Landais I think brought or a least held milk.
    From the CH point I resisted the likes of CF52 when he was flavour of the month, and tried to improve the female aspects.
    And I just got lucky!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Got rid of this lot today, 14 wethers in the near pen, 8 in the next and the three stooges who didn't get the chop properly :rolleyes:

Image0456-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

forgive my ignorance, but what's BA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

JohnBoy wrote: »
    forgive my ignorance, but what's BA?
    blonde d'aquitaine ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

p9070449.jpg
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us SIMX cow with 5mth old heifer

p9070447.jpg
    By muckit at 2011-11-12 Blakestown Ped CH cow with 6mth old ped heifer

p9070439.jpg
    By muckit at 2011-11-12 CF52 cow

p9070438.jpg
    By muckit at 2011-11-12 5mth old Ped bull calf off above cow by OSI

A couple of BAX cows
    .....................and a Ped CH cow by Newlook (NWK), (she could be 900Kgs)

Some smashing stock there Bizzum. Good deep bodies on them and they all seem to have good milk.

I'd say that cow is around the 900 kgs alright. Are you selling her in the mart or is it a factory job?

Muckit wrote: »
    Some smashing stock there Bizzum. Good deep bodies on them and they all seem to have good milk.

I'd say that cow is around the 900 kgs alright. Are you selling her in the mart or is it a factory job?

I sort of kept an eye on keeping milk in the Charolais as well as them few Blondes.
    That big CH cow will go to Roscrea, prob next Wed. She left that nice BAX cow after herself and an Alcazar heifer 20Mths old, AI'd last week, and this years calf, again a heifer by Excellent. She was prolapsing badly on the last pregnancy. I also have an Alcazar heifer 18 Mths old out of her Dam, going to the bull soon.

What is that CH heifer from your Blakestown cow by?

What is that CH heifer from your Blakestown cow by?

SGO. Blakestown dam is by SLV out of an ECI dam. That photo was taken the start of sept... you should see her now ;)

Was handling her today but couldn't take a pic cos my camera is broke :mad: She's flighty so I'd like to halter break her to calm her down!

• Advertisement

Pic 003 is a Limx heifer by Redpaths Jaguar (RSJ) out of the yellow BA cow posted a while back. We calved her today, a Lim bull calf, supposed to be by FL22 but AI man had no record, our calendar just noted that she was AI'd. A Good calf too!
    That photo was taken a couple of weeks ago but she doesn't look to be extra milky!

SGO. That photo was taken the start of sept... you should see her now!

SGO should hold onto any milk for ya.
    You have the makings of a proper cow there. Stick an easy calving BA in her this time next year and away with ya:D

I've 2 Sylvain cows, Good breeders they are.

she doesn't look to be extra milky!

Hold out until she's reared the calf before you reach your conclusion. She could surprise you yet!

BA aren't a breed I've ever used. Would you recommend them? Would they be suitable for heifers?

I see your not a fan of the black LIM yourself!?

A Slyvain cow, not extra special to look at but a good breeder. Heifer calf at foot by Roundhill Doc (RHD), Real nice calf in the flesh!
    The cow is carrying her 3rd calf to RHD again. RHD indeed........I mean RHI, the Charolais, not RHD the Angus!

Pic 007. The cow in front is the previously posted BAX CH cow about two weeks before calving.

In the background is an other Slyvain cow. Very hot to handle. No much talking to her around calving time or a week or two after. She is the Dam of the young Alcazar Bull we are keeping for breeding. She is within a couple of weeks of calving to Fury Action. However that goes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭limo_100

whats the sim cows calf breed by?? there a nice set

I see your not a fan of the black LIM yourself!?

Wanna bet:D

Pic 002 carrying to FL22 calving late Dec/Jan. There are several black and red Lims there!

The BA I used mainly was Landais on heifers, no problem calved. He can't be got anymore, so I want to see what APX is like from Dovea. I used him to bring a tidy cow with milk and muscle in the genes!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭stanflt

some in calf heifers enjoying the november sunshineURL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/408/032rk.jpg/]032rk.jpg[/URL]
    033gm.jpg
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

some april/may calves triving on grass and meal-well ahead on live weight gain
    034bp.jpg
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 733 ✭✭✭jeff greene

Great looking stock Stan! You're blessed with your land and weather.

• Advertisement

Yes great land there! I've said it before and I'I say it again, you won't beat dairy farmers to show lads how to utilise grass, not a blade wasted there. Fair dos.

I don't know anything about dairy stock to comment on yours, but if they're as good as the grass they're eating, they're smashers! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement