Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livestock/General Farming photo thread ***READ MOD NOTE IN POST #1***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

50 quid says its a part:D

You're no back of a clock Redzer!
    Super looking Cow heifer there. More and more people are bulling better quality heifers. You wont know that calf in a month!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

takeing something from another chat site across the water,i am thinking of putting up a number of photos of my cows with seperate pics of their calves and asking you to guess the mother and calf comp.now i will put up a prize of money to the winner who guesses the right combination as who is the mother of which calf.now the rules how many pics of cows would be fair , i was thinking that for every guess the money drops gives me a chance save money:rolleyes:,but the thing is i want the person who guesses right or maybe the nearest if no one gets it right is to pick a charity to donate the money too,now if no one trusts me the winner can send me on their name and address and i will forward the prize to them to pass on. now i will start off this and i was thinking that some other people might join in as its for a good cause, and maybe we could do something like this every year around this time.if i said that i will put up 50 euros for the first guess how does that sound, i would hope that others will follow but here goes,what do tou think,it will be a bit of fun , and maybe if the winner wants to guess the sire we can double the amount for the crack any suggestions welcome.

Sounds like a bit of crack.
    I'll see how this budget goes, and if I've anything left I might give you a dig out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

Heifer I bought off the neighbour in the middle with the white head for 600 yoyos:D

Photo0163.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Juniorhurler

Heifer I bought off the neighbour in the middle with the white head for 600 yoyos:D

Photo0163.jpg

You must have left the conscience at home Redzer:D I wish I had neighbours like that. What weight is she roughly?

• Advertisement

You must have left the conscience at home Redzer:D I wish I had neighbours like that. What weight is she roughly?

About 320kg:)....I wasnt brought up to have a conscience:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

nice growthy animal.. Lifted at that price!! Do you have a couple of spots of ringworm there to left and right of photo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Fine heifer, must be worth at least 850 yoyos. :rolleyes:
    Has she simmental breeding in her?

pakalasa wrote: »
    Fine heifer, must be worth at least 850 yoyos. :rolleyes:
    Has she simmental breeding in her?

Hardly 850 but worth the most of 800 alright, Ya sim dam and the bull was by malibu so she should have a bit of milk. Could have got a better picture but shes fine and growthy with a wide hip but not muscly really. One to breed hopefully.

Bodacious wrote: »
    nice growthy animal.. Lifted at that price!! Do you have a couple of spots of ringworm there to left and right of photo?

No, Its strange cause our bull bred a few solid red calves like that with one tiny white dot on their side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

you're a contractor as well arent you?
    :P

JohnBoy wrote: »
    you're a contractor as well arent you?
    :P

No, Just work with one for the summer, Dont think I could stick that game following your neighbours looking for money, I duno how anyone does it to be honest with all the money they have tied up in machinery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

likewise, I think they're all mad, get treated like dirt by a lot of their customers to barely make a living with the bank hanging over your head.

not for me thanks. If I'm gonna make f*ck all I'd rather do it without all the pressure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭rancher

JohnBoy wrote: »
    likewise, I think they're all mad, get treated like dirt by a lot of their customers to barely make a living with the bank hanging over your head.

not for me thanks. If I'm gonna make f*ck all I'd rather do it without all the pressure.

You'd wonder what is the mindset of farmers who leave contractors waiting or worse without their money

rancher wrote: »
    You'd wonder what is the mindset of farmers who leave contractors waiting or worse without their money

Who knows, You will meet people like that in all walks of life. From listening to the lad I work for its the small lad that pays, The problem always lie with a few of the bigger lads and its them that will break you. I know a man that he makes 600 bales for, spreads the slurry and hauls the bales in the winter and he was a year and a half in hand with him at one stage. I like machinery and would quite happily work 24/7 at silage but its that kinda sh*t that goes with it that I couldnt put up with. Dont think I could handle having so much gear and having to pay the bank everything you make either. I prefer to pay up front if at all possible and at least you have what you have, no banks chasing ya.

A few pics of weanlings;
    First are two FHZ BB heifers.

First is HWN bull from small but muscley simmental cow.
    Second is CF85 bull from very plain and small lim cow. Probably my plainest cow. Plan to cull her, in time.
    Both cows are small so the idea was to add growth and height with the char bulls.

A reminder of things to come;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

A few pics of weanlings;

nice heifers there, is the small tag the bvd thing?

Ya, it's the Enfer Ear Notch tag. All clear aswell. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

nice heifers there, is the small tag the bvd thing?

Took the question right out of my mouth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

No, Its strange cause our bull bred a few solid red calves like that with one tiny white dot on their side.

Good stuff Red, that you dont have it,

Im washing calves every three days for last month at least so im seeing spots in my sleep!!!

Nearly gone now thank god.. i hate it,

I was looking at picture on phone so scale was much smaller

• Registered Users Posts: 9,210 ✭✭✭tanko

Bodacious wrote: »
    Good stuff Red, that you dont have it,

Im washing calves every three days for last month at least so im seeing spots in my sleep!!!

Nearly gone now thank god.. i hate it,

I was looking at picture on phone so scale was much smaller

I have six 18 month old limo heifers in a pen and noticed a couple of spots of ringworm on two of them. Is there an injection i can get to cure it and prevent the others from getting it? What are you washing yours with?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭limo_100

A few pics of weanlings;

what age are your calves???

A few pics of weanlings;

o and what kind of cows they breed from?

FHZ BB heifers
    The first white one, born Feb to a yellow Char. My best cow. She was bought in so don't know her exact breeding.
    The second, born March is from a very big red limousin cow I bred myself. She's by Malibu (MBU) and she's out of a big red Lim cow, I bought as a weanling.
    I sold both at the end of November. White 375 Kg - €960. Black 365 Kg - € 965.

Both cows, I would consider big and growthy. FHZ is supposed to be very tall aswell.

FHZ BB heifers
    The first white one, born Feb to a yellow Char. My best cow. She was bought in so don't know her exact breeding.
    The second, born March is from a very big red limousin cow I bred myself. She's by Malibu (MBU) and she's out of a big red Lim cow, I bought as a weanling.

Both cows, I would consider big and growthy. FHZ is supposed to be very tall aswell.

they were great looking heifers i really liked the look of the blue i think she would make a nice cow. she'd bring a nice limousin calf evey year

FHZ BB heifers

Lovely, quality pair of heifers. Is there much interest on here in breeding from that type of heifer?

I put up Pics a while back here of a good BAX cow with twin heifer calves at foot by our own CH stockbull.
    She calved about a week ago to AI Lim, we were hoping for a replacement.................We got two:)

Excuse the poor pic quality!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

that cow is a keeper!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement