Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New beta android app (game)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

I would also vote for a plain background, ie. scrap the map part if icon. Personally I like the zombie avatar beside blacknight's username, but maybe the hand is the way to go ..

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭theblacknight

jArgHA wrote: »
    I would also vote for a plain background, ie. scrap the map part if icon. Personally I like the zombie avatar beside blacknight's username, but maybe the hand is the way to go ..

My avatar in invader zim :D don't think I could use that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

if you are set on the location aspect of the icon . perhaps the hand with a compass in the back ground. simple cirle with an arrow and an "n"

is there anyway to look at a map with the players on it online without the phone?

could be interesting to observe

Martron wrote: »
    is there anyway to look at a map with the players on it online without the phone?

could be interesting to observe

Currently no, but definitely something I will consider.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Would be great if the survivors could somehow lay traps to stun infected, where they freeze on the map for a few days unable to infect anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

Im after taking out 2 today someone near the IFSC and another in clonee :P

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Would be great if the survivors could somehow lay traps to stun infected, where they freeze on the map for a few days unable to infect anyone

I hope to have features like this and more in the full version, which I am designing/developing at the moment. Thanks for the feedback!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Got another crash on the Desire today, ill keep you posted but the update seemed to be working well, up till then

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

my map is gone mad. Says im in the middle of the river about a mile from me. At least I should be safe here haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,824 ✭✭✭budgemook

how close do people have to be to infect me?

also, i'm on samsung galaxy s. I usually open the game, scan and look at the map and then press the back button until it closes. Am I logging out? Can people still see me on the map? I've noticed I'm beside a load of infected people during the day but haven't been infected. Should I just press the home button to put the app in the background rather than pressing back?

budgemook wrote: »
    how close do people have to be to infect me?

also, i'm on samsung galaxy s. I usually open the game, scan and look at the map and then press the back button until it closes. Am I logging out? Can people still see me on the map? I've noticed I'm beside a load of infected people during the day but haven't been infected. Should I just press the home button to put the app in the background rather than pressing back?

500 metres, when you press back you are not logging out exactly, you will remain visible at your last location, so they will still see you, but they may not have opened the app to infect ou.

Thanks for the reports, seems android is having a problem launching the app sometimes (as far as I can tell my code isn't even being reached), will investigate this.

Dam you micro or ferrigan .............. brrrrraaaaiiiiinnnnnssssss

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Got someone this morning while I was on the bus.

Mmmmmm I love the taste of brains in the morning.

Was minding my own business up in bolton street .

Was minding my own business up in bolton street .

What's your username ? I think it was me who got ya hahahaha

Satchmo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,824 ✭✭✭budgemook

500 metres, when you press back you are not logging out exactly, you will remain visible at your last location, so they will still see you, but they may not have opened the app to infect ou.

Cool thanks, I have an idea. How about the uninfected can kill Zombies but make it harder than infection. Maybe 50 metres or something. Then the Zombie respawns as uninfected adter 3 days or something.

Zombies are always getting killed in the movies.

Satchmo

Yep twas me.

OP have you thought abotu posting this on XDA ? would get loads of testing that way adn across a wider area ?

Ste- wrote: »
    Yep twas me.

OP have you thought abotu posting this on XDA ? would get loads of testing that way adn across a wider area ?

I haven't, not too familiar with XDA tbh. Will definitely check it out, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Thanks for the reports, seems android is having a problem launching the app sometimes (as far as I can tell my code isn't even being reached), will investigate this.

Is it your package name/App name coming up in the force close?

I think my user account may have gone a bit screwy - I uninstalled the app earlier when I was clearing up my installed apps, and then reinstalled it from the Market. When I launched it I entered my previous username, was told 'invalid username', but the application still launched, with my name showing on the homepage - but on the map view I can see another 'jArgHA' at another location - where I was this morning...

draffodx wrote: »
    Is it your package name/App name coming up in the force close?

I've had a few crash reports now without my package name in there eg:

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: bitmap size exceeds VM budget
    at android.graphics.Bitmap.nativeCreate(Native Method)
    at android.graphics.Bitmap.createBitmap(Bitmap.java:574)
    at com.google.android.maps.ZoomHelper.createSnapshot(ZoomHelper.java:444)
    at com.google.android.maps.ZoomHelper.beginZoom(ZoomHelper.java:194)
    at com.google.android.maps.MapView$2.onScaleBegin(MapView.java:371)
    at android.view.ScaleGestureDetector.onTouchEvent(ScaleGestureDetector.java:216)

I think my user account may have gone a bit screwy - I uninstalled the app earlier when I was clearing up my installed apps, and then reinstalled it from the Market. When I launched it I entered my previous username, was told 'invalid username', but the application still launched, with my name showing on the homepage - but on the map view I can see another 'jArgHA' at another location - where I was this morning...

Did you have trailing spaces or anything in the user name? User names are currently not unique. I am also not able to tell if the app was unistalled, and so cannot delete a user when they uninstall the app, but I will add a filter in future which will hide inactive users, and delete them after long periods of inactivity.

Did you have trailing spaces or anything in the user name? User names are currently not unique. I am also not able to tell if the app was unistalled, and so cannot delete a user when they uninstall the app, but I will add a filter in future which will hide inactive users, and delete them after long periods of inactivity.

No trailing spaces. That kind of explains it tho, there is likely a duplicate redundant jArgHA out there :) If I get infected at least he will be easy prey...

• Advertisement

No trailing spaces. That kind of explains it tho, there is likely a duplicate redundant jArgHA out there :) If I get infected at least he will be easy prey...

I will try get around this in the full version, allow users to delete old profiles etc..

Advertisement