Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New beta android app (game)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

projectgtr wrote: »
    i can only see who is in dublin and my surrounding area, no-where else :(

Press down on other areas and it'll load the users around that area :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Four

i can only see who is in dublin and my surrounding area, no-where else :(

If you want to see players a bit further away, all you have to do is hold your finger down on the map for 2 seconds. Then it will load the 50 nearest players from where you pressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭theblacknight

Great idea bro, you should really put it on the Zombie survival section here on boards and send the lads on the zombie walk facebook page an add, this could get huge. i find it closing on my Desire on stock froyo, but a simple restart fixes it, seems to be every second time i run it, how do i send on the crash report??

Having some issues with memory on the Desire, so I reckon that is probably what it is, working to addresss this. Does it happen when the finger animation is about to play, after scanning?
    Will definitely take a look at the zombie forums, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

perhaps when you are in range of a hospital you have an option to heal.

a simple score board then to determine how many zombies you have created or healed.

or different classes.

doctor or soldier . soldier can knock out a zombie for an hour. and a doctor can heal them .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Having some issues with memory on the Desire, so I reckon that is probably what it is, working to addresss this. Does it happen when the finger animation is about to play, after scanning?
    Will definitely take a look at the zombie forums, thanks!

Yeah its pretty much just as i scan, it starts it then shuts down, then i open the app again and it works perfect. 95% of the time its every second time i run the App, strange eh??? Never had issues with any other app closing on my phone :(
    Martron wrote: »
    perhaps when you are in range of a hospital you have an option to heal.

a simple score board then to determine how many zombies you have created or healed.

or different classes.

doctor or soldier . soldier can knock out a zombie for an hour. and a doctor can heal them .

Cool ideas would really add some more layers to the game

• Advertisement

quick question. what happens when i log out ? does it keep me in the last known location?

Martron wrote: »
    quick question. what happens when i log out ? does it keep me in the last known location?

Yes your last known location will be displayed on the map to other users. You never know when a zombie might sneak up, you need to stay on your guard :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

I want to get infected, bit boring just being a survivor...

jArgHA wrote: »
    I want to get infected, bit boring just being a survivor...

im sure that could be arranged nom nom nom brains

oh a great idea would be to let you know who infected you so you can hunt them back down!!

has great potential will be keeping my eye on this.

thank god i am out on my own tonight. i was in dublin earlier......... it was touch and go. saw 3 people getting infected. i promptly hid!!! i was left alone!

• Advertisement

New build just gone up. Should hopefully fix the force close issues of Desire and Nexus S. Let me know of any issues, I'll do my best to get them sorted as quick as possible.

just updated . def running smoother.

just a minor quibble - the app icon is a bit hard to see what it represents. maybe an app icon like your boards avatar would look good

just a minor quibble - the app icon is a bit hard to see what it represents. maybe an app icon like your boards avatar would look good

Will see what I can come up with for this, now that you say it I think I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

FYI: I downloaded /installed the latest release last night, and am still seeing the odd crash when running the app. It either happens on home screen during thumb scan, or soon after launching the map view.

Device: HTC Desire
    Android: 2.2

PS: Some poor bugger up in Galway city is the only survivor in that are and completely surrounded by a lot of zombies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Will see what I can come up with for this, now that you say it I think I agree.

Might I suggest some version of the zombie icon from the map?

Something like:

ZombieHand.gif

...but smaller, obviously.

Does that happen if you open straight into the map view? As in you are on the map, then you hit the home button, then open the map again?

FYI: I downloaded /installed the latest release last night, and am still seeing the odd crash when running the app. It either happens on home screen during thumb scan, or soon after launching the map view.

Device: HTC Desire
    Android: 2.2

PS: Some poor bugger up in Galway city is the only survivor in that are and completely surrounded by a lot of zombies :)

Still trying to clean up force close (out of memory!) issues, it turns out that the android map view doesn't play nice with your memory! Hope to have a new build tonight or tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Alright lads,

I'm working with the OP on this app on graphics and UI and what not, and we took note of the comments about the app launcher icon and came up with this. Comments very much welcome...

152543.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Danbo! wrote: »
    Alright lads,

I'm working with the OP on this app on graphics and UI and what not, and we took note of the comments about the app launcher icon and came up with this. Comments very much welcome...

152543.png

Personally I would like the hand to be more promenant but then you lose the background a bit. I am assuming that the backgound is meant to be like a map?

Alright lads,

152543.png
    i love it tbh, no crashes s of yet with the new update

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Ok thanks, will get on that as soon as I can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Otacon wrote: »
    Personally I would like the hand to be more promenant but then you lose the background a bit. I am assuming that the backgound is meant to be like a map?

Cheers for the comments. The launcher needs a light coloured background so it doesnt get lost in the black background. After a quick revision I put this out, the marker/hand is more prominent, keeping the map background.

Here she is in all her high res glory :)

152554.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

I'm infected now :(

Knew I should have stayed away from work today!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I must remember to hide when I get to Oranmore on Friday, could be a straggler from Galway City somewhere.

Quite safe in Limerick so far!

Good work OP!

Ste- wrote: »
    I'm infected now :(

Knew I should have stayed away from work today!

Was that around temple bar? Got a stephec while I was waiting for the bus :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

It was O Connell St. Grrrr that was me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Cheers for the comments. The launcher needs a light coloured background so it doesnt get lost in the black background. After a quick revision I put this out, the marker/hand is more prominent, keeping the map background.

Use a plain background with the icon to the front, trying to make the background look like a map is far too messy, less is more.

Advertisement