Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New beta android app (game)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Four

There's one infected guy near me and I think he's after me, he's where I was about an hour ago. Now he's 100 metres away from my area!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭theblacknight

Four wrote: »
    There's one infected guy near me and I think he's after me, he's where I was about an hour ago. Now he's 100 metres away from my area!

:D Good to see people playing the game

Some dude infected me! They must have done a bit of traveling I reckon.

Everyone in the target range on the Luas into work is going down...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Did you get infected?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Tell all your friends :D

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

Every time I log in there's more and more people showing up closer to me, so it's definitely getting more people, especially outside ireland..

Am I right in thinking that it only shows the 50 people closest to me? Or should it show every person playing?

C-Shore wrote: »
    Every time I log in there's more and more people showing up closer to me, so it's definitely getting more people, especially outside ireland..

The infection tab is showing 438 total now. Like a real zompocalypse the rate of infection will be exponential and there is no real hope.

baz8080 wrote: »
    The infection tab is showing 438 total now. Like a real zompocalypse the rate of infection will be exponential and there is no real hope.

Hahaha, it's grand.. I eat a lot of tinned food anyway

C-Shore wrote: »
    Hahaha, it's grand.. I eat a lot of tinned food anyway

I'm infected so I eat a lot of people who eat tinned food :)

• Advertisement

baz8080 wrote: »
    I'm infected so I eat a lot of people who eat tinned food :)

Well then!

If playing Left 4 dead has taught me anything it's that I should put my phone on silent!

Yes the app shows the 50 closest to you (note: I have updated the help page with better info - hit menu on the main screen). To see users in other countries/different locations hold your finger down on that position on the map and it will show the 50 closest to that point.

I am still working to address the force close issues. They all seem to be memory issues which I didn't see on the Galaxy S & Europa. Also I have it running in an emulator with the memory heap set to 12mb which I think is the lowest you will see on an android phone, will need to look at the build you are using though, haven't heard of it.

PS the more error reports the better :pac:

The chap up in cavan is on his lonesome. Someone hop on a bus and infect him

New build uploaded to market, which should sort out the force close problems you were seeing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Brilliant idea, best of luck with it. I posted about it in the zombie survival forum, I thought they would have been on top of it already, they're slacking off by the looks of things!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Cianos wrote: »
    Brilliant idea, best of luck with it. I posted about it in the zombie survival forum, I thought they would have been on top of it already, they're slacking off by the looks of things!

Good stuff, success depends on more people playing the game. I've got a link in my sig to it if anyone else wants to donate their sig to it as well for a while to spread the infec...., eh, word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Four

seanybiker wrote: »
    Did you get infected?

Yeah... But it was from a new player who started infected.

Yeah... But it was from a new player who started infected.

The bollox lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

works grand here.
    think it will be a popular download , however what happens when u get infected , is the game over like

hawkwind23 wrote: »
    works grand here.
    think it will be a popular download , however what happens when u get infected , is the game over like

Once infected you can start infecting other people. For the beta there will be no way to 'un-infect' yourself. But the full version will be different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

Once infected you can start infecting other people. For the beta there will be no way to 'un-infect' yourself. But the full version will be different.

ah cool.
    will get a lot of downloads
    if its any help , im on HTC wildfire and all works, few glitches with the map not showing all players but for a beta , all seems great

good luck with it

hawkwind23 wrote: »
    ah cool.
    will get a lot of downloads
    if its any help , im on HTC wildfire and all works, few glitches with the map not showing all players but for a beta , all seems great

good luck with it

Hi Hawkwind,

When you say not all the players are showing do you mean you see no players at all? The map will only show the nearest 50 people to you (so it doesn't get overloaded), but you can hold your finger down somewhere else on the map to show users in that area. There is more information in the help section.

Also if anyone has a digg account, it would really help if you could digg this link

Cheers,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Seems to be ok in Waterford, a few survivors and one infected chap (spaced) about 10 mins away

longshanks wrote: »
    Seems to be ok in Waterford, a few survivors and one infected chap (spaced) about 10 mins away

You the fella in the field out by kilbarry

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

You the fella in the field out by kilbarry

The ponies need feedin bai

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭heepie

I went on a drive by around Galway today with a friend of mine and got every one infected.. =)

Really cool, but now I nothing else to do. I have to wait for more people to join so I can infect them.

Also, there should be a score points from the people you infect and a way to use your points to get a bigger infected area and other things like that. For people who are not infected a way to get points based on how much time someone is not infected and then use those points to built defenses against infections, etc.

Great game but nothing else to do at the moment. I'm glad it was me who infected all the people in Galway.... he he he!!!

heepie wrote: »
    I went on a drive by around Galway today with a friend of mine and got every one infected.. =)

Really cool, but now I nothing else to do. I have to wait for more people to join so I can infect them.

Also, there should be a score points from the people you infect and a way to use your points to get a bigger infected area and other things like that. For people who are not infected a way to get points based on how much time someone is not infected and then use those points to built defenses against infections, etc.

Great game but nothing else to do at the moment. I'm glad it was me who infected all the people in Galway.... he he he!!!
    Hahahahahahahaha nice one. What ya do anyways just open the app when your near the person?

• Advertisement

Hahahahahahahaha nice one. What ya do anyways just open the app when your near the person?

That's it, once they are in range you simply tap the users marker.

Working on a level up/reward system now for after the beta, but I might introduce some new features into the beta.

Advertisement