Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MotoGP 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

pdbhp wrote: »
    Seems I was wrong. Lorenzo struggled at the start but showed what he was all about near the end of quali, great result for him.
    Bad day for Rossi 14th is a horrendous result he really needs to get that bike working.

Delighted for Spies agahope he can give Stoner a good race.....:)

Hopefully Rossi and his fans now realise that he's not a God..........;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Sids Not wrote: »
    Delighted for Spies agahope he can give Stoner a good race.....:)

Hopefully Rossi and his fans now realise that he's not a God..........;)

Spies did very well but he's half a second off Stoners pace in quali but fastest in the warm up earlier and Stoner 3rd.

Rossi improved to 10th in the warm up earlier so some of his godliness is returning..........

Or is it:pac::pac:

Edit: Great win for Terol in the 125cc's
    vvVinales gets 2nd, he's some lad alright literally his first time seeing the track and podiums what a racer that boy is!!

Marquez showing yet again what he's all about, the boy is unbelievable, solid race from Bradl those two are really the class of the field.

Well Lorenzo tried to excite the championship today with a well deserved win, great move by Pedrosa on Stoner to take second, Casey complaining about being tired, whinge bag tis the same for everyone.

Capirossi announced his retirement at the end of the season, really enjoyed the last 20 or so years watching the tiny Italian his last corner move on Tetsuya Harada to take the 250cc championship was spectacular, I say move loosley as it was more of a barge.
    Great career for Capirex he's a stellar rider and I for one will miss him even though for the last few years he's been pretty much down the back of the field.
    At least now there will be an extra seat for a young rider to show what thay can do in the big boys class.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭alanmcqueen

Matt Roberts interview with Mamola was embarrassing. That and some of his digs at Parrish make me wonder if he does not respect older people. Can't say I'd miss him if he goes. Bring back Suzi.

• Advertisement

Matt Roberts interview with Mamola was embarrassing. That and some of his digs at Parrish make me wonder if he does not respect older people. Can't say I'd miss him if he goes. Bring back Suzi.

Don't really mind his digs at Parish as steve is man enough to take it and has never really taken himself too seriously whcih is why I like the bloke.
    As for Mamola he's always come across as a bit thick, good rider probably a nice bloke but always seemed to lack the personality for TV.

Gotta love Suzi Perry though, I always thought she got the riders to reveal a lot more than other journos and always seemed to be having a love affair with Colin Edwards.
    TBH I don't even think that Matt Roberts actually knows anything about bike racing or has much of an interest in it

, Casey complaining about being tired, whinge bag tis the same for everyone.QUOTE]

Bit harsh there imo...i didnt go for a spin this morning as i didnt feel up to it and wouldnt have enjoyed it......imagine if i HAD to go whether i liked it or not...;)

Dont like Matt Roberts..he has the same hair as Enda Kenny....yuk....

, Casey complaining about being tired, whinge bag tis the same for everyone.QUOTE]

Bit harsh there imo...i didnt go for a spin this morning as i didnt feel up to it and wouldnt have enjoyed it......imagine if i HAD to go whether i liked it or not...;)

Dont like Matt Roberts..he has the same hair as Enda Kenny....yuk....

Well he's getting paid loads of money to do it and if it was you or me we'd be out there doing our thing. Also he's on the best bike and he is clearly the fastest rider out there so he shouldn't have to or be making excuses and should look upon a dodgy result as an exercise in damage limitation.

Matt Roberts wishes he had a haircut like Enda Kenny:P

Thought Rossi was gonna do better after the start but then it stopped raining and he went back to being slow(ish), it's gonna be interseting to see exactly how next years bike works for him because if it's garbage like this years bike Rossi is totally fooked.

Well he's getting paid loads of money to do it and if it was you or me we'd be out there doing our thing. Also he's on the best bike and he is clearly the fastest rider out there so he shouldn't have to or be making excuses and should look upon a dodgy result as an exercise in damage limitation..

Some days you're the dog..other days you're the tree....:)

Good 125 race, great result foir Terol and a third for the wonder kid Vinales thanks to a last orner win or bin move from Faubel that ended in the dirt.

• Advertisement

Phew another fantastic showing by the young Spaniard Marquez, what a ride from the lad. Terrible day for the championship leader Bradl he must be feeling unbelievable pressure from Marquez.
    Bradley Smith had another great race finishing in 6th position after a woeful qualifying yesterday.

Edit: forgot to add that Iannone is finally getting his act together this season as I would have expected him to fight for the championship this year.

No suprises in the MotoGP race with Stoner annihalating the opposition, pretty tame race overall and totally overshadowed by the Moto2 race.

Rossi riding a new chassis made by FTR, they really are trying everything to get the bike ridable and in a position to challange

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

This is turning up at my local cinema this week. Looks fairly ordinary tbh

This is turning up at my local cinema this week. Looks fairly ordinary tbh

Looks like the MotoGP equivalent of "The Hills"....tbh...:rolleyes:

Looks like the MotoGP equivalent of "The Hills"....tbh...:rolleyes:

The Only Way is Essex starring Stoner:P

Gonna go see this tomorrow night in Liffey Valley should be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭gears

The Only Way is Essex starring Stoner:P

Gonna go see this tomorrow night in Liffey Valley should be good!

I think it should be good alright, if the directors previous efforts "Faster" and "The doctor, the tornado and the kentucky kid" are anything to go by.

gears wrote: »
    I think it should be good alright, if the directors previous efforts "Faster" and "The doctor, the tornado and the kentucky kid" are anything to go by.

Just after seeing it there, good movie mostly about Rossi. Totally worth a watch if you've any interest in bike racing.
    Shows lots of nice action and some good crashes, great to get an insight into how they go about their business.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭tinyjiney

gears wrote: »
    "The doctor, the tornado and the kentucky kid" are anything to go by.

Was'nt that ..."The good, the bad and the ugly"............:D

Interesting race today...Lorenzo knocking Rossi off....:eek:......:)

Jaysus Marquez the wonderkid involved in a horriffic accidebt earlier with Wiliarot, luckily enough neither of the riders were seriously hurt.
    He won himself a minutes penalty on his quali time tomorrow which will drop him down to stone last handing the championship advantage to Bradl.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Lorenzo out of the motogp race after crashing in morning practice and losing half of one of his fingers

stoner only needs to finish 6th to win title

EDIT: Ben Spies out aswell with a broken rib

• Advertisement

congratulations to Casey Stoner stunning riding all year well deserved championship

last few laps were fun lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Grim. wrote: »
    congratulations to Casey Stoner stunning riding all year well deserved championship

last few laps were fun lol

Great last few laps alright. Amazing riding from Stoner this year :(. Well deserved championship.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

YEah great performance from Casey, he thoroughly deserves the championship. It was a shame to see Lorenzo unable to race(never mind losing some of his finger!) but hopefully we can have a good end to the year before getting rid of these 800s!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Stoner worthy winner, dull, dull race though. For me Moto2 has been better racing and don't get me started on BSB!
    Lorenzo has finished his season with that finger injury.
    178226.jpg

Lorenzo has finished his season with that finger injury.

yep his already out for sepang and i cant really see him racing in spain either

yep his already out for sepang and i cant really see him racing in spain either

I'd be surprised if he didnt race in Spain to be honest. With the test on Monday I'd be surprised if he didnt take part in both. As bad as it looks this is actually a fairly typical injury and one that while painful looking actually has a pretty fast recovery period. So with three weeks to Valencia he'll be fit enough to race....Also I'll be in Valencia so I'd be raging if he wasnt racing!

very scary crash for simoncelli, good news is that he is conscious

very scary crash for simoncelli, good news is that he is conscious

Yeah, after the week we've had please God he can pull through. Very scary crash

It's just been confirmed that Marco died from his injuries. Terrible news and a terrible loss to the racing community

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

RIP

Advertisement