Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MotoGP 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

pdbhp wrote: »
    Well hopefully with the new rules coming in and more teams/riders it'll bring back some real racing because at the moment there is a serious lack of any actual motorcycle racing. The highlight of most races is seeing whos afternoon Simonchelli will ruin:pac:

:D:D....yeah, the sport needs more like him...as Colin Edwards said .."We're all warriors out there.....ya dont bring warriors to an opera".........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Sids Not wrote: »
    :D:D....yeah, the sport needs more like him...as Colin Edwards said .."We're all warriors out there.....ya dont bring warriors to an opera".........

I think Bill Cullen is still looking for "warriors"

pdbhp wrote: »
    I think Bill Cullen is still looking for "warriors"

Is he putting a team together...?...cool....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Fúck, Jules Cluzel just had a huge off in Moto2 qualifying, hope he will be okay :eek:

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Oh and Rossi is second last :eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Rossi, he just hasn't got it in qualy, he usually goes well in the race but its very much like Schumacher in F1 at the minute.

Gintonious wrote: »
    Rossi, he just hasn't got it in qualy, he usually goes well in the race but its very much like Schumacher in F1 at the minute.

I don't know... I'm a huge Rossi fan but he and the Ducati just don't work together. The fairytale just is not coming through :( ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

poor aul zarco what a race

Unbelievable finish to the 125cc race, a dead heat. Never seen a finish like that before, the closest I can remember was Shinja Nakana and the French roder whos name escapes me now, it was for the Championship.
    That was some finish roll on the Moto2

Edit: the rider was Oliver Jacque

125cc_fotofinish_preview_big.jpg

Close as you like:D

• Advertisement

Marquez on fire yet again, that lad is some rider

get the **** in!! well done dani

What a race, great result for Pedrosa but Lorenzo totally annihalated Stoner on the last lap, brilliant!!
    Rossi had a reasonable race with a great battle near the end between himself, Bautista and Hayden

delighted for Pedrosa Sachsenring delivers three great races as always

Best MotoGP race in a long time

ben bostrom to ride elias's spare bike from laguna onwards, nice for toni to have someone to hang out with a the back

Grim. wrote: »
    ben bostrom to ride elias's spare bike from laguna onwards, nice for toni to have someone to hang out with a the back

Still will be good to see Ben riding again.
    He is a mid card Superbike rider so should really struggle in the MotoGP paddock

h3000 wrote: »
    Best MotoGP race in a long time

+1

And Rossi beaten a Suzuki...:D.....fair play to Bautista for going for it...PD was delighted..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Bad mistake by Casey to take such a defensive line into the final corner but he had no way of knowing that Lorenzo had made a mistake. Laguna Seca this weekend should be a belter and sets us up nicely for the second half of the season.

Shame for Zarco, almost two wins in four races and he ends up still looking for his first victory.

Marquez continues to astound but I cant get over the performance of all the rookies. Bradley Smith is really developing, Randy Krumenacher looks like he could fufill the promise he has shown at times in his career, all in all a fantastic weekend of racing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Delighted Lorenzo got Stoner.

not a fan of either but anybody over Stoner!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

Looks like Lorenzo is going to be fast in Laguna. Very consistent times in practice yesterday. Stoner looks like he still might be having tyre problems while Pedrosa looks like he's never been away. Hopefully Stoner gets his problems sorted and blows them all away.

Lorenzo was magical in Qualifying even after his huge crash, the boy is one tough cookie.
    A glimmer of hope from Rossi really was the cherry on the cake, here's hoping he gets a good start and can get up near the front runners

Stoner eh? what a boy, showing again just why he is considered the favourite for the championship.
    Lorenzo did well considering his condition

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Watched the Beeb coverage as I knew I'd only get to see Eurosport the next day. Disappointing! had to go and watch Europsort the next day anyway so that my gasps and "OMG"s at Stoner et al's antics would be matched by the commentary team :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

Didn't get to see the race but delighted for Stoner.

Didn't get to see the race but delighted for Stoner.

Lots of people hate him...but theres no disputing he's the best rider in the world after that performance...he'd have won on that Suzuki me thinks...;)

Lots of people hate him...but theres no disputing he's the best rider in the world after that performance...he'd have won on that Suzuki me thinks...;)

Any Moto Gp race I've been to that Stoner has won he's got booed by the crowd, same goes for Pedrosa which is a bit bad as they are all putting thier lives at risk every weekend.
    I don't like Stoner but there's no mistaking that he has the measure of that Honda and is just amazing to watch him attacking the track

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

I'm a big fan of Casey, have been since 02 when he was in the 250cc class. I always thought that he got an unfair reputation from fans but it was mostly because he isnt Valentino Rossi or Jorge Lorenzo.
    Stoner has always let his talking be done on the track and he is solely focused on winning races on titles.
    When I was at Silverstone I was very surprised, because like everyone else I heard that he was tough to deal with etc., but he was very engaging in interviews and pleased to talk to everyone in the paddock.
    He'll never be as colourful as Rossi but that's no reason for fans to dislike him. His reputation, from my dealings, is unfounded and while I'm sure that he could be hard to deal with at times its just because he is so focused on winning.
    The way he speaks his mind is refreshing and to be honest in an age when leading sportsmen do their best not to be quoted in a bad light etc. he has no compulsion to bite his tongue when asked a tough question

Trouble with Casey is he's not a showman, he's the boy next door...same goes for Dani...whereas Rossi and Lorenzo love the limelight and to put on a big "look at me ..i'm the greatest" display....which i personally dont like...leave it to the footballers..:p

BTW...did anyone else notice a small clip after the race where it showed Rossi looking as if he'd just run over his granny's cat....and then giving Hayden a hug, with Hayden looking a bit annoyed..anything go on there....????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Trouble with Casey is he's not a showman, he's the boy next door...same goes for Dani...whereas Rossi and Lorenzo love the limelight and to put on a big "look at me ..i'm the greatest" display....which i personally dont like...leave it to the footballers..:p

BTW...did anyone else notice a small clip after the race where it showed Rossi looking as if he'd just run over his granny's cat....and then giving Hayden a hug, with Hayden looking a bit annoyed..anything go on there....????

I think what Nicky said was only audible on Eurosport - I didn't hear it on BBC. He said "but Indy is mine!"

So I guess he was messing that he wasn't able to get past him, and Rossi was making sure there were no hard feelings?!

Advertisement