Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MotoGP 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

I've been hiding under a rock for the last day or so to not hear anything about the motoGp and finally saw the race a few minutes ago.

That was absolutely intense! Absolutely insane race! Such a pity for Stoner. The accident was such a let down and I would have loved to see Stoner/Rossi battle it out a bit more.

Also felt really sorry for Simoncelli and Spies.

Great Race though and really looking forward to the next round.

Gotta agree with the sentiment that Stoner really let himself down when Rossi apologized. He has every right to be pissed off, but an accident is an accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

hmm so much for more marshals helping rossi

stupid move by rossi for sure but he kept his engine running stoner didn't and the place where the marshals would have had to push stoner is right on the racing line

might be able to see videos of the 1st 1000 tomorrow ducati testing with rossi and hayden at jerez

only video up so far no sound of the bike in action unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Mediocre Qualifying today so I thought.
    Good result for Lorenzo bad for Rossi, Stoner not looking as dangerous as he was, wonder of Rossi's antics last month have knocked his confidence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

pdbhp wrote: »
    Mediocre Qualifying today so I thought.
    Good result for Lorenzo bad for Rossi, Stoner not looking as dangerous as he was, wonder of Rossi's antics last month have knocked his confidence

Big gap between the leading four and the rest of the field but I wouldnt say the Rossi incident has led to Casey having a slightly below par performance in quali. Casey has generally struggled at Estoril with his sole win coming in difficult damp conditions so its probably more related to that the track isnt one that favours his style more than anything else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Predator_

Is Rossi finished? Why isnt he competing and winning like he was?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Predator_ wrote: »

Because he's showing us what Rossiettes cant see....he's good but not a great....he's finished as regards title wins...unless he just starts barging into people...oh i forgot, he's started that already...:D

Sids Not wrote: »
    Because he's showing us what Rossiettes cant see....he's good but not a great....he's finished as regards title wins...unless he just starts barging into people...oh i forgot, he's started that already...:D

wouldn't say he's finished as of yet, remember it's is only early days in the season. He's also not on the best bike at the moment and it will take time to get the bike up to a more competitive level and if you look at his main rivals Stoner/Lorenzo they are all much younger than him so it's expected that they would be faster.... maybe its time for him to go to World SuperBikes:D

I see Setanta Sports Ireland are showing the MotoGP race today:eek: Didn't know they were showing it, when did this happen?

• Advertisement

I see Setanta Sports Ireland are showing the MotoGP race today:eek: Didn't know they were showing it, when did this happen?

Yeah..fair play to them and Megabikes....a lot more people can now watch the brilliant Moto2 races.....and the bonus of not having to listen to Toby Moody....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Predator_ wrote: »

I really don't think Rossi is finished just yet. He is on a bike which did not suit his riding at the beginning of the season, it's getting closer now but still not there. He says he still has pain from his shoulder injury too. I'm not sure we will see 'The Doctor' again but I do think we will see a few race wins from him.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

"Boring" adj. uninteresting, dull, Moto gp race....

:rolleyes:

Simonchelli, glad he got pole he deserves it after being hard done by at the last Grand Prix in LeMans.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,480 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

watch this a bit but don't really follow it fully.

can anyone tell me why there only 15 running today compared to normal numbers?

watch this a bit but don't really follow it fully.

can anyone tell me why there only 15 running today compared to normal numbers?

normally 17 runners two out with broken collar bones edwards and pedrosa

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Moto2 race was brilliant! All sorts of madness going on during the race, proper racing.
    Moto 2 is always brilliant. And the commentators on Eurosport are fantastic

What did everyone make of the Johan Zarco/Nico Terol clash at the end of the 125 race? thought it was a very harsh penalty on Zarco myself but race control pinned themselves into the corner following Simoncelli/Pedrosa

frostie500 wrote: »
    What did everyone make of the Johan Zarco/Nico Terol clash at the end of the 125 race? thought it was a very harsh penalty on Zarco myself but race control pinned themselves into the corner following Simoncelli/Pedrosa

thought it was a terrible decision myself fair enough it was a harsh pass but totally fair, and even if it deserved a penalty (which it didn't) 20 seconds was a joke should have been a place swap at most

really hope race direction reflects on its recent decisions as imo they're at the start of a very slippery slope

pity to hear about simon in moto2 broken leg after his crash with superglue

re the motogp race my god that was boring but great ride by stoner, top 6 were much closer than i expected though

Grim. wrote: »
    thought it was a terrible decision myself fair enough it was a harsh pass but totally fair, and even if it deserved a penalty (which it didn't) 20 seconds was a joke should have been a place swap at most

really hope race direction reflects on its recent decisions as imo they're at the start of a very slippery slope

pity to hear about simon in moto2 broken leg after his crash with superglue

re the motogp race my god that was boring but great ride by stoner, top 6 were much closer than i expected though

MotoGP race was really tame, there was very little action in it and the slight spots of rain were the only point of note in the race.

With all the race direction issues these days they really need to sort out the rules fully and stop ride through penalties for incidents, unless they're proper dangerous and require a ride through or worse.

I think Kenan Soffulogrueseuoueuoeoue or whatever his name is should be heavily sanctioned for his blatent ramming of Simon, he has been a dangerous rider for years and watching him always makes me nervous as he's only ever one corner away from disaster.

• Advertisement

With all the race direction issues these days they really need to sort out the rules fully and stop ride through penalties for incidents, unless they're proper dangerous and require a ride through or worse.

I think Kenan Soffulogrueseuoueuoeoue or whatever his name is should be heavily sanctioned for his blatent ramming of Simon, he has been a dangerous rider for years and watching him always makes me nervous as he's only ever one corner away from disaster.

Race direction clearly made their decision at Le Mans for no reason other than to try and appease the riders who wanted Simoncelli to calm down on track. There was no way that anyone could say, with certainty, that Simoncelli was to blame for that crash.

The repurcussions of their decision saw Simoncelli get death threats and todays races blighted by bullsh!t penalties for riders. There is no way that Zarco should have got the punishment that he did but race control were pinned into a corner by the Simoncelli precedent.

The Sofuoglu was a disgrace, there was no gap and he made a mess of the corner and now Simon is out for probably five races. Ive been a bit outspoken about Simon at times but this was cruel for him. He was minding his business and looking set for a safe podium when this happened. Sofuoglu made a lot of questionable moves in his early career but calmed down a bit in the last couple of years but this was a disgrace and he should be punished for it at Silverstone

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I stopped watching GP racing when they changed to the 4t MotoGP format.
    The racing suffered and I lost interest. This year I thought it might be interesting to have a look and see what was happening, in two races I have seen the utter emasculation of motorcycle racing.
    The slightest hint of a touch and Zarco got a 20sec penalty.
    50/50 with the Pedrosa/Simo crash and Simo gets a ridethrough.
    They might as well take up knitting for all the excitement you get in the sport now.
    They have ruined GP racing IMO and when Rossi retires, they will find it very hard to keep the audience.
    17 riders on the grid is too sparse as well.
    Thankfully the TT is on to show what real bike racing is like.

There was no way Zarco was going to get away with that win...a Frenchman winning in Spain...:eek:...especially after the Pedrosa incident and 40,000 down on attendance...there would have been uproar.....As for the BIG race, i was just glad for Spies....
    Its funny...i started a thread a while back about motogp riders not doing enough and most posters disagreed....i still stand by my op...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Another little Prima Donna throwing his toys out of the pram.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/racing/news/story?id=6625329
    I hope Yamaha remember this, the Japanese ultimately support MotoGP to a huge extent and this won't go down well.
    AFAIK the radiation exposure result of a weeks racing is the same as one x-ray.
    Oh yeah on that note, I can't see Simon back for a while.....162070.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

thats mad! they drive bikes at 200mph for a living and are scared from a tiny change of radiation!

Wonder if Lorenzo will call the other riders on his mobile phone........:rolleyes:

Rossi's hoping they'll boycott Japan as he wont end up being beaten in yet another race.........:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 715 ✭✭✭HellsAngel

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    thats mad! they drive bikes at 200mph for a living and are scared from a tiny change of radiation!
    Crazy isn't it. Who says bike racers are fearless !!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cclear

HI new to boards love all bike racing tt been great this year. motogp gone off the boil a bit to much electronics heading to silverstone this weekend hope its a good 1

cclear wrote: »
    HI new to boards love all bike racing tt been great this year. motogp gone off the boil a bit to much electronics heading to silverstone this weekend hope its a good 1

Dont want to sound bad..but i hope it rains...better chance of something exciting happening...:o

• Advertisement

Good news, for me at least, im making my GP debut this weekend! I got a press pass so I'll do my best to keep everyone up to date from Silverstone over the course of the weekend

Advertisement