Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MotoGP 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

I'm a fan of Stoner too. I love his agressive style of riding. Don't know why lots of people don't like him. Hope he bags his second title this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

I'm a fan of Stoner too. I love his agressive style of riding. Don't know why lots of people don't like him. Hope he bags his second title this year.

That goes without saying..he'll deffo win it....for someone that looks so timid he rides a (any) bike like he hates the thing...brilliant...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Sids Not wrote: »
    That goes without saying..he'll deffo win it....for someone that looks so timid he rides a (any) bike like he hates the thing...brilliant...
    I still remember his 1st year on the Honda. Never seen a bike being destroyed so many times in a season :pac:

Mega Chin wrote: »
    I still remember his 1st year on the Honda. Never seen a bike being destroyed so many times in a season :pac:

'spose it stops him beatin up Adriana..............:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

frostie500 wrote: »
    Stoner has always let his talking be done on the track

If pissing and moaning about hard passes and punching people for having the audacity to be in his way during practice sessions is "letting his talking be done on the track" sure he's a real good sport.
    Casey is a brilliant rider, but he's a humourless arrogant dick in any pther context i've seen him in. i love watching him race but i just never liked his personality. Pedrosa used to be similar but he's lightened up a bit now that he's not Repsols golden child.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

echomadman wrote: »
    If pissing and moaning about hard passes and punching people for having the audacity to be in his way during practice sessions is "letting his talking be done on the track" sure he's a real good sport.
    Casey is a brilliant rider, but he's a humourless arrogant dick in any pther context i've seen him in. i love watching him race but i just never liked his personality. Pedrosa used to be similar but he's lightened up a bit now that he's not Repsols golden child.

To be honest the main crux of my post was that Stoner has an unfair reputation amongst fans. As I said he will never be known for his sense of humour and style ala a Valentino Rossi but his rep is a very unfair reputation of Stoner from what I have actually seen of the man.

In my, admittedly limited, dealings with Casey at Silverstone he was kind and courteous to the media. Answering every question asked of him and making jokes and having craic with everyone. I always respected him as a racer but I now respect him for a lot more. Its unfortunate that he doesnt let this side be exposed too often but he does actually have a very different side when he is relaxed

Well i think all the MotoGP divas should be made sit down and watch todays BSB at Brands....OMSJ..those 600 supersport races were incredible..both Seeley and Wilson deserve some kind of "Best Entertainment Award" ..Great result for Jack Kennedy too....Watch it if you missed it...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭stee.mc79

Some of stoners behaviour and comments as a fan of motogp can be off putting. The incident where hit randy was uncalled for. Don't get me wrong he's talented on a bike he just Dose not have the like factor.
    What about Ducatti do any of you think they will be able to sort out the front end problems? At the moment Hayden is running last years chassis. Rossi running next years which he hasn't any confidence in the front will they be able to sort it out for next season?

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Magown3

Rumours suggest Rossi might even dump Ducati for Honda Gresini in 2012.

There are quite a few articles on this over the web if you look for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Well i think all the MotoGP divas should be made sit down and watch todays BSB at Brands....OMSJ..those 600 supersport races were incredible..both Seeley and Wilson deserve some kind of "Best Entertainment Award" ..Great result for Jack Kennedy too....Watch it if you missed it...;)

Wasn't the 600 S/S race amazing, one of the best races I've watched all season. Got a bit heated and I half expected it to end in disaster but both riders even though they pushed themselves to the limit were still being safe(ish)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭stee.mc79

Magown3 wrote: »
    Rumours suggest Rossi might even dump Ducati for Honda Gresini in 2012.

There are quite a few articles on this over the web if you look for them.

That answers the question on Rossi. not on ducati and what there going to do with the carbon fiber chassis and whether they should revert to tube steel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

..those 600 supersport races were incredible..both Seeley and Wilson deserve some kind of "Best Entertainment Award" ..Great result for Jack Kennedy too....Watch it if you missed it...;)
    pdbhp wrote: »
    Wasn't the 600 S/S race amazing, one of the best races I've watched all season. Got a bit heated and I half expected it to end in disaster but both riders even though they pushed themselves to the limit were still being safe(ish)

"Sigh"....... I miss having Eurosport :(

"Sigh"....... I miss having Eurosport :(

Ouch that sucks. ES is great for bike racing it's just a pity I have to pay for it

Ouch that sucks. ES is great for bike racing it's just a pity I have to pay for it

Totally worth it me thinks....pity it'll end in a couple of months though.....I hate the winter....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭maximus02

stee.mc79 wrote: »
    That answers the question on Rossi. not on ducati and what there going to do with the carbon fiber chassis and whether they should revert to tube steel

There's an excellent article by David Emmett from Motomatters about the Ducati problems. Just make sure you have sufficient time available to read it. It's long.

http://www.motomatters.com/analysis/2011/08/08/the_trouble_with_the_ducati_desmosedici_.html

Go Casey!! :D

maximus02 wrote: »
    There's an excellent article by David Emmett from Motomatters about the Ducati problems. Just make sure you have sufficient time available to read it. It's long.

http://www.motomatters.com/analysis/2011/08/08/the_trouble_with_the_ducati_desmosedici_.html

Go Casey!! :D

The Diva Rossi is just a whinger now....he made a huge mistake moving to Ducati just because Stoner was winning everything and he wanted a bit of that....but now he and everyone else including the Diva's fans can see what an exceptional rider Stoner is......but they'll never admit it....

Go Go Casey Sto....!!!!

:p

Stoner is expecting a baby, fair play to the man.

Great pole for Pedrosa and a glimmer of hope from the boss in 6th position.

Stoner is expecting a baby, fair play to the man.

Great pole for Pedrosa and a glimmer of hope from the boss in 6th position.

yeah a good quali session which sets things up nicely for tomorrow, shame that Hopkins fractured a couple of fingers but should be a good race in all three classes tomorrow.

Very interested to see if Vinales can move through the pack in the 125s

yeah a good quali session which sets things up nicely for tomorrow, shame that Hopkins fractured a couple of fingers but should be a good race in all three classes tomorrow.

Poor old Hopkins, he's totally after reinventing himself though and is doing really well since he stopped drinking.
    Be interesting to see if Lorenzo has any answer to the Honda onslaught.

Very interested to see if Vinales can move through the pack in the 125s

Vinales, for such a young kid he really is a top class racer. Between himself anf Marquez they must be the two hottest young riders in the world with big careers ahead of them.

Be interesting to see if Lorenzo has any answer to the Honda onslaught.

The Hondas are much faster over a single lap but Lorenzo's race pace is pretty good (as ever!) so he should be able to keep with Pedrosa and Casey. Stoner needs to have a strong race and keep the tyre life constant throughout, I know that he won in Cali but on a more than likely green track from overnight rain with minimal rubber on the surface tomorrow could be a tough tyre day

Vinales, for such a young kid he really is a top class racer. Between himself anf Marquez they must be the two hottest young riders in the world with big careers ahead of them.

I am a massive fan of Vinales. You're spot on to say its between him and Marquez for the best youngster, with Bradl next up. I still cant get over the maturity of Vinales throughout the year and the sky really is the limit for him. For my money he is the most impressive rookie rider I have seen in 125s since I started watching in about 95. The only comparable season for me was 1998 with Marco Melandri(couple of wins and a string of podiums to finish 3rd in the championship)

• Advertisement

The Hondas are much faster over a single lap but Lorenzo's race pace is pretty good (as ever!) so he should be able to keep with Pedrosa and Casey. Stoner needs to have a strong race and keep the tyre life constant throughout, I know that he won in Cali but on a more than likely green track from overnight rain with minimal rubber on the surface tomorrow could be a tough tyre day

I think if someone like Pedrosa can get a couple of bike lenghts space he could very easily pull away though having said that Brno is a tricky track and you really have to keep the corners flowing or risk losing lots of time.

Some great races have been thrown up by Brno in the past especially some fantastic battles between Rossi and Biaggi.

I am a massive fan of Vinales. You're spot on to say its between him and Marquez for the best youngster, with Bradl next up. I still cant get over the maturity of Vinales throughout the year and the sky really is the limit for him. For my money he is the most impressive rookie rider I have seen in 125s since I started watching in about 95. The only comparable season for me was 1998 with Marco Melandri(couple of wins and a string of podiums to finish 3rd in the championship)

For a young teenager in his 11th GP he is on fire. His race craft is amazing to watch, yes he can make mistakes and crash but he definitly has something special about him, more so IMO than Marquez even though Marquez is also on fire.

Bradley Smith is also very impressive in his rookie season in Moto2, his amazing ride in Silverstone has really showed the measure of the boy, he may not be on the best bike but he can certiantly ride it well.
    If Smith could get some more luck he could properly challange for the Moto2 title.

Bradley Smith is also very impressive in his rookie season in Moto2, his amazing ride in Silverstone has really showed the measure of the boy, he may not be on the best bike but he can certiantly ride it well.
    If Smith could get some more luck he could properly challange for the Moto2 title.

I have always been a fan of Smith but his performances this year have really surprised me. I didnt expect much from Tech 3 after last year but Brad has done a great job. Moto2 is definitely a much more suitable class for him rather than the 125s of last year. It was worth staying in the smaller class but he just got too big for the bikes. I think next year he could be really quick and the Moto2 class should be really competitive.

I have always been a fan of Smith but his performances this year have really surprised me. I didnt expect much from Tech 3 after last year but Brad has done a great job. Moto2 is definitely a much more suitable class for him rather than the 125s of last year. It was worth staying in the smaller class but he just got too big for the bikes. I think next year he could be really quick and the Moto2 class should be really competitive.

Have to say that I was surprised also, he has been consistantly quick and his races have for the most part been really good with some great results.
    The Tech3 bike is nowhere near as good as Marquez or Bradls' bikes.
    I think that in his rookie season he's really shown the kind of racer he is and his dedication is unmatched, a trait that will stand him in good stead in the years to come.

All in all Bradley is one of my favourite riders at the moment in any class of racing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I feckin love Moto2 :D:D

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Wow what a race, totally wasn't expecting Ianone to win that one, great race from Bradl & Marquez also.
    Bad luck for Bradley Smith crashing out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Excellent race alright. What happened Smith I missed they first few laps?

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

h3000 wrote: »
    Excellent race alright. What happened Smith I missed they first few laps?

Lots of drama for Bradley, after a woeful qualifying where his team torpedoed him by putting a hard tyre in for his qualifying laps. He almost got wiped out by Julez Cluzel on the opening lap, a lap later he went down off camera but he was up and walking after.
    Bad luck from him but thats the way the cookie crumbles in bike racing

Well Stoner eh? what a boy totally took care of business. Lorenzo where was he going using the soft front, yes taking a risk is what it's all about but come on he's the bloody world champion and should have known better.

About time Simonchelli got a podium lots of talent but too hot headed for his own good.
    Another good ride by Rossi, seems the Ducati is getting better bit by bit and if they can sort out the over stiffness of the chassis they could challange for the podium

Stoner doing the business so fas as usual.
    Rossi had a small incident, a low side.
    Lorenzo seems in trouble, ominous sign for the world champion

• Advertisement

Stoner doing the business so fas as usual.
    Rossi had a small incident, a low side.
    Lorenzo seems in trouble, ominous sign for the world champion

Seems I was wrong. Lorenzo struggled at the start but showed what he was all about near the end of quali, great result for him.
    Bad day for Rossi 14th is a horrendous result he really needs to get that bike working.

Advertisement