Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MotoGP 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

frostie500 wrote: »
    Good news, for me at least, im making my GP debut this weekend! I got a press pass so I'll do my best to keep everyone up to date from Silverstone over the course of the weekend

Good man Frostie, hope it's a good 'un

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Had a deadly day at the track today so thought I'd post a few of my pics from the afternoon session:

marco-simoncelli-1-silverstone-2011-fp2.jpg

alvaro-bautista-2-silverstone-fp2-2011.jpg

ben-spies-3-silverstone-fp2-2011.jpg

jorge-lorenzo-2-silverstone-fp2-2011.jpg

jorge-lorenzo-5-silverstone-fp2-2011.jpg

scott-redding-2-silverstone-fp2-2011.jpg

valentino-rossi-3-silverstone-fp2-2011.jpg

125cc race was wild as usual, what a track Assen is not like those Tillke heaps of shíte they use these days.
    Maverick Vinalis won the race, great name for a bike racer:D

Moto2 was great also, Marquez is a great rider especially since he's still only a young kid,. 3rd for Smith but did Sofouglouglougguu pass under yellow?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

pdbhp wrote: »
    125cc race was wild as usual, what a track Assen is not like those Tillke heaps of shíte they use these days.
    Maverick Vinalis won the race, great name for a bike racer:D

It's a great name full stop. [Off to deed poll I go] :D:D

I missed the races this morning must try to catch them later.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

fantastic race from spies

Grim. wrote: »
    fantastic race from spies

Well deserved.

I can see Lorenzo giving Simoncelli a dig :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Who says nice guys finish last.............well done Ben...;)

Well done Spies well deserved for the Texan, great ride from Lorenzo after been knocked off by Simonchelli which is terrible as it's not gonna help Simonchelli at all especially since he's getting a lot of stick lately.
    Good ride from Rossi he's still got it!!:pac:

Well done Spies well deserved for the Texan, great ride from Lorenzo after been knocked off by Simonchelli which is terrible as it's not gonna help Simonchelli at all especially since he's getting a lot of stick lately.
    Good ride from Rossi he's still got it!!:pac:

I really hope the GP12 will be more competitive/more suited to Rossi.

• Advertisement

h3000 wrote: »

Hopefully they'll fully tailor the bike to Rossi thus giving him the package he needs especially since Stoner has shown everyone what the standard is these days

h3000 wrote: »

You mean they should do everything to accomodate Rossi just because he's not getting it all his own way this season..:confused:....face it, Rossi's days are over as regards titles...OK he was 4th yesterday...but 30secs behing Spies..woeful...
    Next year ther'll be more teams and younger riders...
    Gutted for Crutchlow...

Sids Not wrote: »
    You mean they should do everything to accomodate Rossi just because he's not getting it all his own way this season..:confused:....face it, Rossi's days are over as regards titles...OK he was 4th yesterday...but 30secs behing Spies..woeful...
    Gutted for Crutchlow...

He can still fight for the Championship once he has a reasonable package to do so. The main issue for him is the fact that Stoner and CcCo. are getting infinitely faster which will make it more difficult for anyoine to beat the likes of Stoner and Lorenzo

You mean they should do everything to accomodate Rossi just because he's not getting it all his own way this season..:confused:

I'm pretty sure it's a teams job to provide their rider with the best possible package they can. That's what Yamaha and Honda do for their riders :confused:.
    face it, Rossi's days are over as regards titles...OK he was 4th yesterday...but 30secs behing Spies..woeful...
    Gutted for Crutchlow...

A string of titles may be over but I think there is still a good few race wins in him. He was on a largely brand new bike in Assen with very little testing , I think he finished pretty well. He was only 3 seconds off Dovi on a much faster bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

The125cc race was excellent. First few laps were brilliant with loads of overtaking.
    Moto 2 was a pretty exciting race too.
    Simoncellis crash kind of ruined the Moto GP race. Spies pulled out a lead and never looked like losing it. In fairness I thought he rode a brilliant race. He showed in Superbikes that he's a great front runner and he proved that he can do it in the premier class too. Stoner rode for points once he realised that he wasn't going to catch him and had a comfortable race. Rossi just doesn't have the bike to challenge this year. I think that Stoner will win quite comfortably this year. He's the quickest rider and with a bike that he doesn't have to fight to go quick I can't see anyone beating him.
    Simoncelli is making himself very unpopular (especially with Lorenzo) with his wild style. He's exciting to watch as he's quick but you never know what he's going to do. Reminds me of Stoner when he came in to Moto GP. Lots of crashes even though he's very quick. When he learns to calm down a bit I can see him winning plenty of races as he's shown that he has the speed, just his temperament that needs some work. Definitely one for the future as at the moment he's a bit of a rough diamond.
    Roll on next week

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Magown3

It's kinda hard to fault him tho. In previous races (can't remember which), he qualified on pole, got a bad start and missed the front runners as they pulled away in the first few laps. So he probably said to himself, No matter what, I've got to get away early to be in with a chance of winning.
    He qualified on pole again with a bad start. He then pushed hard at the start to get away with the others and got bitten by a cold tyre.

It's only a matter of time till he gets a good start and doesn't have to push too hard on a cold tyre to keep up with the front runners at the start. If he does that, he's surely in with a chance of winning.

I like watching him, I think he's great for the sport.

Is he signed again with Honda for next year?

Moto2 race great again

Marquez is such a terriffic rider, such a joy to watch. Great result for Bradley Smith showing again just how good a rider he is in his rookie season.

Great race from Lorenzo :( ..;);)

Delighted for Dovi too a great race from him. Would have loved to see Rossi get another place or two. He has some amount of support there.

Another great result for Spies considering who he was fighting with....:)

Feel like i'm repeating meself a lot...but gutted for Crutchlow.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Great race, my god those BBC commentators are dire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Gintonious wrote: »
    Great race, my god those BBC commentators are dire.

Must watch Eurosport! Much better!

Great race, best in a long time, great to see Lorenzo catch stoner!

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    Must watch Eurosport! Much better!

Great race, best in a long time, great to see Lorenzo catch stoner!

I cant stand Moody...he just never shuts up.....started watching it on Setanta ....may as well support our own station...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭maximus02

I cant stand Moody...he just never shuts up.....started watching it on Setanta ....may as well support our own station...;)

Do Setanta use the International Dorna feed with Nick Harris and Gavin Emmett comentating or do they use other commentators?

maximus02 wrote: »
    Do Setanta use the International Dorna feed with Nick Harris and Gavin Emmett comentating or do they use other commentators?

They do indeed...much easier on the ears....i've sent an email to Setanta complimenting them on their coverage...and they replied...nice one....:)

They do indeed...much easier on the ears....i've sent an email to Setanta complimenting them on their coverage...and they replied...nice one....:)

I find the Setanta commentry quite low and need the volume up too loud that when I change the channel I get deafened;)
    I like Eurosport commentry the best it's by far the most informative, BBC is ok as the lads kinda know what they're on about and really seem to enjoy the job and that comes across in the commentating they do

I find the Setanta commentry quite low and need the volume up too loud that when I change the channel I get deafened;)
    I like Eurosport commentry the best it's by far the most informative, BBC is ok as the lads kinda know what they're on about and really seem to enjoy the job and that comes across in the commentating they do

I'm the opposite...i turn the volume down on Eurosport..:D..at least on Setanta you get to see the Motogp live.....

I'm the opposite...i turn the volume down on Eurosport..:D..at least on Setanta you get to see the Motogp live.....

Live MotoGP is overrated;)

Live MotoGP is overrated;)

If we're being honest ..Motogp is over-rated....;);)

• Advertisement

If we're being honest ..Motogp is over-rated....;);)

Well hopefully with the new rules coming in and more teams/riders it'll bring back some real racing because at the moment there is a serious lack of any actual motorcycle racing. The highlight of most races is seeing whos afternoon Simonchelli will ruin:pac:

Advertisement