Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Server [Survival][Whitelist][iZone][1.6.6][Google Maps]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Hi cherry,

Dunno if you missed my post earlier!
    Still can't connect!
    Any chance of gettin whitelisted?

Minecraft name is bluemachaveli

Cheers

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Hi cherry,

Dunno if you missed my post earlier!
    Still can't connect!
    Any chance of gettin whitelisted?

Minecraft name is bluemachaveli

Cheers

Added. :)

Also @overhand, MC username?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 mongoose

hey id like to apply for whitelist,
    username: mcmongoose

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

mongoose wrote: »
    hey id like to apply for whitelist,
    username: mcmongoose

Also added. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭overhand_right

sorry for being a total newb but why cant i dig or open doors :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Tom1991

like above but incase u missed my post earlier
    can i get whitelisted please
    username : tomothebollix
    thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Mech_Fire

Hi can you also add me to the whitelist
    MC name: Mech_Fire

sorry for being a total newb but why cant i dig or open doors :o

This happens when you're not on the buildlist yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Yi Harr

Heard some folk talking about lag.

Was ready to chuck my laptop out the window because of lag (both in single and multiplayer) but tried step one of this and it seems to have worked fairly well so far.

Haven't prioritised java yet though.

Crazy how quickly the town has been built up.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I made a boo-boo in the set-up which cost a good few of us to loose our shirts!

My apologies - I mixed up the buy and sell prices in the example above, sorry everyone :o:o:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Ahhhhhh I completely missed this launch last night and before I went into work today! No idea how!!!!!!!!!! I'll try to jump on when I get home at 12. Have I missed much? What's going on in the world?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Can't login now :(

Just getting the "Bag login" error.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

This shop also eats some items and returns them as others... Lapis Lazuli went in and Inksac came out. (I put a bundle of 64 in.... not impressed :) )

So, just be careful... it has some bugs it seems.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Someone removed the lock sign from my chest somehow and nicked 27 diamonds :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Finally got a new mouse so I've been on tonight giving this a go. Attempting to build outside the safe zone is... fun! Building an area called Hrafyn's Haunt, no idea what it'll be but I've carved out a chunk of mountain to do it!

Ok, time to go back in!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Found a door out of the strip mine by chance yesterday and built a little cave to hide from mobs, tp'd home and can't find my little hideout again..if by chance anyone finds it let me know..has a sign over door saying 'Blaxmds Cave' and it's built near 2 big waterfalls...chest has nothing in it so don't expect to find loot if ya spot it:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

I know it's non pvp but is it ok if I was to place a dispenser that shoots arrows at people who come uninvited?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

Report it to the server admins, they can check the logs as placing and removing such a sign puts up a message in them.
    Drop them a pm as chances are they will see that a lot sooner then a post in the middle of a thread.
    Crow92 wrote: »
    I know it's non pvp but is it ok if I was to place a dispenser that shoots arrows at people who come uninvited?

I don't think so, often people wander around looking at what is being built or get chased by mobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Sharrow wrote: »
    Report it to the server admins, they can check the logs as placing and removing such a sign puts up a message in them.

Is he not doing that by posting here? Or does it have to be done on the server?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Should the first post be amended to take out the "/lock" line, since that doesnt' work anymore?

Also, would it also be an idea to add something about putting torches on the left-hand side of mines, so that everyone can find their way in or out again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

humanji wrote: »
    Should the first post be amended to take out the "/lock" line, since that doesnt' work anymore?

Also, would it also be an idea to add something about putting torches on the left-hand side of mines, so that everyone can find their way in or out again?

If you start mining your own private mine this wont be a problem, also u can use the /home cmd.

I'll have a look out for a known bug-list and post it here.

We'll look into this for you.
    Crow92 wrote: »
    I'd rather you didn't but instead considered making a mob trap with arrow dispensers.

Well, since there's so many people playing on the server, mines will start to meet up, by accident or on purpose, so havnig a uniform system will help everyone who just wants to explore, or who wants an off-shoot of an already existing mine.

And doesn't the /home command cost money?

I think all dye ingredients get reduced to inksacs.

Advisory board :pac:

- Anyone having issues with their chests are welcome to iron door a cellar below their shop and have the chests locked in there. (btw I'll check the logs for the diamond thief. If I catch the culprit, they will subsequently be banned)
    - /home does not cost money
    - I'll rejig that /lock tutorial. Twas an old command we were using but its not working with some of the new plugins, so I changed it the other night.
    - There will be a new jobs office in the village. The jobs office will compromise of a red board and a black and white board. The red board will be a board which users propose a job for the server/village. Admins will review it. If approved it will be posted on the black area of the other board. The black area will contain the reward (paid in coins). The white area is for users to post their username which accepted the job. Once the job is completed, admins will review the job and pay out accordingly.
    - Server will be down once a week for maintenance (to keep up with updates etc)

That's the only issue of 2 from what i see. Check the data values. Only inksac is a valued dye, the other dyes are configured differently and will revert back to that. I tested mushroom soup, worked fine.

The other issue is the wood. Wood will revert to the plain stuff I think, if you try to sell redwood/birch.

Just for clarity, (because I think I've confused myself), /shop set buy, sets the price that the shop sells at, or that you buy from others at? Because I now have no money and a load of sh*t that nobody will want to buy from me.

edit: Actually, looking at how it's working out, the shop idea is fairly dodgy. Would it not be better to have one admin run shop that starts empty, but people can sell stuff to? Then, as they need other things, they can buy it from either the shop, or each other. As it is, there's so many shops selling everything, and it's so awkward trying to find a good price for things, that it's just easier to mine it yourself.

Server maintenance is happening Friday evening, from about 6-8. 8pm Friday Night will have a special server event. The NPCs in the safe zone will have more info on it on the night.

Stay tuned!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Thanks cherry/kharn.

I just know crap like that would put people off playing, at least it would for me. Throw him in the lava moat I reckon when we catch him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement