Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Server [Survival][Whitelist][iZone][1.6.6][Google Maps]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Server is awesome... 3 hours literally flew by last night so i made myself stop... will prob be on tonight for a bit too... It was class at the start with everyone building their houses/shops at the same time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Korvanica wrote: »
    Server is awesome... 3 hours literally flew by last night so i made myself stop... will prob be on tonight for a bit too... It was class at the start with everyone building their houses/shops at the same time...
    I actually felt like I was in a proper medieval village, it was class. Everyone running around building, buying, selling

All that was missing was some flute music :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

requesting whitelist please!

username : darthwraak

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Sadly didn't get a chance to log in last night. But I logged in this morning to find that you've all been busy. :D

One thing though:

151653.JPG

If I'm the only one online, does that mean they're ghosts? :eek:

edit: oh in the castle there's a wide open flat area. Is this reserved for anything ni particular, or can people build a little home/shop for themselves there?

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

Can i be added please? Minecraft username : Darragh1001

• Advertisement

using /home costs money????

also:

i set up a dns name for the IP so instead of using the ip..

you can use

minecraft.korvanica.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Can I get whitelisted please?

Minecraft name is bluemachaveli

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

It was great crack allright yesterday. Town was empty when we started. So. Just ninjaed a spot for myself and ran off to make a mine near by. When I came back to town I was shocked lol.

So many biuldings, all different and unique! That safe zone was awesome! I really did not expected people to be on board with it!

Now when we will do next safe zone. We will have to buy spots in there. It will make a small competition for best spots! And don't forget spots in first zone will increase in value! I would love to see only one more district biuld and limit it. So people would value theyr spots now.

I got a small forest growing in my little land. All this wood will go to my safe house in town.

P.s what name do we give to first safe town? I vote for cherryville :)))

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Humanji they're the NPC's :pac:

Also, Korvanica, did you set prices on your items in your shop? I can't seem to buy anything in it, or is it you actually don't have stuff in your shop?
    EDIT: Nvm Bought a diamond for 20 coin. 20 coin!? Are you trying to break me, sir? :(

I'll disable tpa so. Didn't realise it was on.

Ill break you good and hard....

I had initially set them somewhat in line with the prices of the kits... Ie if a while iron kit costs 250, a diamond pickaxe should be worth 150 or whatever..

Lowered my prices now though..... :P

DIAMOND FOR 10

Also I seem im 1300 in debt..

EDIT: phew.. not any more cheers cherry

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Jaysus some expanded the castle walls. Note that they're not protected until server maintenance over the weekend. Thankfully someone planted torches all over

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Coyote

yea I built the new wall and placed the torches all around to stop spawns
    had some help clearing the ground after the walls were built, thanks to the guys who helped

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

yea, I started clearing one side of the walls and at night came back inside to build my tower and when I went out the other site for a look, I saw Coyote had been steamrollering through extending that side :) So I started mucking in there along with a couple of others.

We'll extend the safe zone at the weekend to include that. One of the things I'd like to do is get a carto of what we have now and make plans as to where we'll go and what we'll do when we get there :)

I'd also like to take on a Minecart network, but that's probably not necessary for another 3 or 4 days given the rate we're working :p

Kharn wrote: »

We'll extend the safe zone at the weekend to include that. One of the things I'd like to do is get a carto of what we have now and make plans as to where we'll go and what we'll do when we get there :)
    Check out this mapping system...

Majorgamings Map - Cians Server

would be very handy if it had coordinates... planning things would be easy and taking screenshots of areas to draw plans on would be a doddle, as all you ahve to do is zoom in and print screen...

I'd also like to take on a Minecart network, but that's probably not necessary for another 3 or 4 days given the rate we're working :p

with a half cylinder glass roof... to protect from mobs

Korvanica wrote: »
    Check out this mapping system...

Majorgamings Map - Cians Server

would be very handy if it had coordinates... planning things would be easy and taking screenshots of areas to draw plans on would be a doddle, as all you ahve to do is zoom in and print screen...

We need a host other than boards.ie to run that off :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭danishidiot

Hey cherry,

I'm relatively new to minecraft and I'd really appreciate a spot on the whitelist if you could squeeze me in?

My MC username is Gotfoodforphil

Cheers mate, hope to see you on the server!

Added :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Unbelievable Geoff !
    Great work cherry .! Quite busy at the mo though :/ I'll be back !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

I haz a bucket, this makes me happy.

A quick post to run through the basics of the LocalShops mod (which uses another mod called iConomy) that our server runs for shops.

Everyone starts with 100 Coins. These are not physical items in your inventory, but are managed by the iConomy Mod.

Creating a shop
    Shops are a 10 X 10 X 3 space that can be created by members on the server. You cannot overlap with an existing shop and ideally we want them to be in a building :)

Here's the relevant command list for creating and maintaining a shop:
    • /shop create [ShopName] - creates a shop that is 10x10x3 in size centered where you are standing
    • /shop destroy [ShopName]

• /shop add - Adds block in your hand to the shop
    • /shop add all - Adds the block in your hand to the shop plus everything else in your inventory of the same type
    • /shop add [itemname] [quantity]
    • /shop remove [itemname] - Removes an item type from the shop. All remaining inventory is returned to the player.

The Following are how you set prices, the shop won't work until they're set!
      • /shop set buy [itemname] [price] <optional: stack size>
      • /shop set sell [itemname] [price] <optional: stack size>

• /shop set max [itemname] [amount] set max stock level for shop
    • /shop set manager +player1 +player2 -player3 - use + or - before player name to add or remove them from the manager list. managers can add and remove items from the stock and are not charged money if they buy or sell from the shop
    • /shop set owner [playername] - only the shop owner can use this command. transfers ownership to new player. The shop owner gets all profits from items bought at the shop and pay for all items that are sold to the shop.

So for example, I have 640 Dirt blocks I want to get rid of so I decide to create a shop called TheDirtShop and sell stacks of 64 Dirt for 10 and buy them for 5. I will need to enter the following:
    /shop create TheDirtShop
    /shop add Dirt 640
    /shop set sell Dirt 5 64
    /shop set buy Dirt 10 64

That should have me up and running :)Note: you need to add an item into the shop before you can set a buy or sell price for it.

Using a Shop
    So you've walked into my wonderful shrine to commerce and want to spend some of your hard earned coins. Here're the commands:
    • /shop list
    • /shop list buy
    • /shop list sell
    • /shop list info
    • /shop sell - sells block in hand to the shop
    • /shop sell [# or all] - sells that amount of the block in your hand to the shop
    • /shop sell [itemname] [ammount or all] - sells block of that type to the shop
    • /shop buy [itemname] [amount]

So if I walk into TheDirtShop above and want to know what's on offer for trading with a view to buying 128 Dirt to start a farm. I'll need to type the following:
    /shop list - this will tell me what items this shop has on offer (buying or selling)
    /shop list buy - shows me what's available for me to buy and at what price. It also tells me how much of it there is.
    /shop buy Dirt 128 - I've now purchased 128 Dirt from the shop at whatever the listed price was.

That should cover the basics, any questions, please ask.

• Advertisement

But is it BLUE?

But is it BLUE?

more importantly, will it blend?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

It is when it haz water in it :D

NOOooo blending my bootiful bucket!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I'd love to be added to the whitelist for this server if possible. I'm a total newbie, but still! Username is ghostintheruins. Thanks :)

Added :)

On another note, I've spent THREE Minecraft days hunting down Cacti, found 2 blocks... but 2 big Pumpkin patches :D

so basically an hour ? feck... a rare substance... charge through the balls for it...

Aye.

On another note, I've updated the original post. The Safe Zones are limited in size, so please keep building sizes to 10x10. I've seen some larger ones this morning but the rule wasn't made aware to new users so I apologize for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Aye.

On another note, I've updated the original post. The Safe Zones are limited in size, so please keep building sizes to 10x10. I've seen some larger ones this morning but the rule wasn't made aware to new users so I apologize for that.

Thanks for that Cherry, made mine smaller now.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭pockets3d

Can i get on this server or do we still need more posts??

pockets3d anyway if ya can manage a space

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭overhand_right

any chance of getting on the whitelist ?? :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement