Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Server [Survival][Whitelist][iZone][1.6.6][Google Maps]

Options
  • 14-03-2011 3:53pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭

New server new thread! Hello and welcome to boards.ie Minecraft server!

1174-boards-ie-survival-server.png
    IP:

Help boards.ie top the voting charts and make it the top server in Europe! :D

General Rules:
    - Don't be an ass. There's a huge world out there to build upon!
    - If you're building near or on top of someone else's buildings, ask them first whether its ok or not, resolve the issue
    - No griefing. Griefers will be reported, banned and forum banned.

A few things to note:
    - All whitelisted players from Tallon's server will be automatically added to this server.
    - Whitelist requests will initally be on this thread.

Google Maps
    Have a look at the live feed of the server in map form here
    http://78.137.161.116:8123/

All the tutorials have been moved onto a seperate thread, as more than one server are using the same plugins.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Awesome :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I'd like to apply to be whitelisted on this server.

I'm on Tallons server but i'm only on the guest list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

Great stuffs :D
    Are there going to be any build regs in the safe zone to make sure people don't have crazy sized houses?

Did you end up getting the chests to be locked from other players to stop stealing?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Crow92 wrote: »
    Great stuffs :D
    Are there going to be any build regs in the safe zone to make sure people don't have crazy sized houses?

Did you end up getting the chests to be locked from other players to stop stealing?

Ah yes, yes they can be locked. Thanks for that. Will add to the post :pac:

pablo you're added for 8pm :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Ah yes, yes they can be locked. Thanks for that. Will add to the post :pac:

pablo you're added for 8pm :)

Thanks very much. :) I'm working til 10 tonight but i'll get straight on when i get home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

Add me please.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Sharrow wrote: »
    Add me please.

Already added

Most people that were on Tallon's server will be on this automatically :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Nice work Cherry, very quick setting it up :)

I'd like to apply to be whitelisted on this server.

I'm on Tallons server but i'm only on the guest list.
    You're not, you're on the building list :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Awesome.... this'll be fun :D

*stocks up on red bull & chocolate....nom....

whats the story with mining? I think we should start some sort of community mine also... in the future...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

fair play cherry, c ya tonight. make some regulation on biulding max size in safe city. it has to be surrounded by pathway too, or it might get stuffy inside ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Hey guys, just recently been whitelisted for Tallons server as have been having graphics card issues which are now thankfully sorted. Would love to be whitelisted for this if possible it sounds great. I'm new to MC but will defo learn quickly :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'm generally a bit slow, so sorry if this is obvious to everyone else, but how does iconemy work? How do we make money and what do we spend it on?

And is this server PvP? If not is there any specific objective to it, or is it to basically faff about, having a laugh and building random stuff?

The information on the server is spread out over a load of threads, so it's kind of hard to keep up with it all.

humanji wrote: »
    I'm generally a bit slow, so sorry if this is obvious to everyone else, but how does iconemy work? How do we make money and what do we spend it on?

And is this server PvP? If not is there any specific objective to it, or is it to basically faff about, having a laugh and building random stuff?

The information on the server is spread out over a load of threads, so it's kind of hard to keep up with it all.

Basically you start off with 100 coins. You can create a shop building and use the tutorial above to sell or buy items. The item that you want to sell must be in your hands when you sell it.

Server isn't PvP at the moment, but hopefully soon it'll have area'd PvP. No real objective, you can die, so make weapons/armour, explore/build (buildings outside safe zones are not protected). For example, I'm going to build a shelter far outside the safe zone for people wishing to shelter from enemies at night time, however if they follow you in you're in trouble :P

Obviously the more rare items you find, you can sell at higher prices in your shop etc. Caves would be sprawling with enemies, so group exploration would be recommended. The further down you go, the more valuable and rare things you find, of course.

So with those in mind, the users can set whatever prices they want on items, basically setting the standard for the economy. So its up to everyone to standardise an economy, or ruin it :rolleyes: Of course you could not do that at all, and explore and build to your hearts content.

For starters there's one safe zone village. Once we've explored a large area, another community project would be the construction of a second one, and then linking them with protected railtrack etc.

Unlike Tallon's server, there no other kit commands, and admins dont have access to /item, /tp and /give. So everyones on a level playing field, and to either help each other out or become a profitable player on the server :D

Also, there will be various events announced (I'll surprise ya :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

Can you add me pls :)

voxpop wrote: »
    Can you add me pls :)

Is voxpop your MC username too?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Basically you start off with 100 coins. You can create a shop building and use the tutorial above to sell or buy items. The item that you want to sell must be in your hands when you sell it.

Server isn't PvP at the moment, but hopefully soon it'll have area'd PvP. No real objective, you can die, so make weapons/armour, explore/build (buildings outside safe zones are not protected). For example, I'm going to build a shelter far outside the safe zone for people wishing to shelter from enemies at night time, however if they follow you in you're in trouble :P

Obviously the more rare items you find, you can sell at higher prices in your shop etc. Caves would be sprawling with enemies, so group exploration would be recommended. The further down you go, the more valuable and rare things you find, of course.

So with those in mind, the users can set whatever prices they want on items, basically setting the standard for the economy. So its up to everyone to standardise an economy, or ruin it :rolleyes: Of course you could not do that at all, and explore and build to your hearts content.

For starters there's one safe zone village. Once we've explored a large area, another community project would be the construction of a second one, and then linking them with protected railtrack etc.

Unlike Tallon's server, there no other kit commands, and admins dont have access to /item, /tp and /give. So everyones on a level playing field, and to either help each other out or become a profitable player on the server :D

Also, there will be various events announced (I'll surprise ya :P)

Damn, is it Xmas allready?! Cheers for all thecwork man. Cheers to dev too for giving a server.

. Caves would be sprawling with enemies, so group exploration would be recommended.

Will deffo need skype / teamspeak for this :p

I was playing with Dirtybollox on survival mode and It came in very handy, he also heard me scream like a girl when a creeper got me though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,558 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

You know what to do Cherry:P

MC: Blaxmd

Also..houses..can they be joined onto your shop or are residential buildings elsewhere?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,200 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Nice :) Will pop on for a while tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

We should make it like a city with the shops on the ground floor and living on the first :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Could I get white listed please

MC: StokolaN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

I'll be on for this. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

Ive a teamspeak 3 server we can use if you like, very handy in survival mode. :D

Ill put an ip up if there interest, so let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭brendanL

Only just registered onto Tallon's server so I'll stick my MC name down here just incase: Ice_master189

Sounds deadly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭dre_jspeed

Can i stick my name on the whitelist.
    GT : Killerpandahrr

Cheers
    Andy

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

Are we killing each other or living in a peaceful e-economy? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

Sounds good, can't wait until it's up.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭screw2loose

Been looking forward to playing on this server since it was announced!

Cant wait to get stuck in...:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭owlwink

Can you white list me please. My MC is owlwink. Cheers, :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement