Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to Basics...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Bloody f*ck :eek: I thought you originally meant you had a couple of small bruises which is perfectly normal (they're usually thumb shaped :pac: ) but that is unreal.

Has all that bruising died down now?

Lol - ah jeez RQ I know I can be a wuss but I'm not that bad to complain about a couple of small bruises :cool:

Yeah swelling has more or less gone now, couple of yellow spots left...boosted the profits for the Arnica manufacturers tho! Still quite a few tender spots
    kingQuez wrote: »
    Holy crap that looks sore! Can't imagine how you suffered enough during the massage for that much damage, you must be hardcore stupid

I know someone recently who had a nerve in their arm damaged (setting them back a few months training), sucks when it messes up a good stint of training.

FYP above :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

shazkea wrote: »
    Lol - ah jeez RQ I know I can be a wuss but I'm not that bad to complain about a couple of small bruises :cool:

I usually have bruises all down my two ITB's and I complain like mad. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Sorry shaz I completely forgot to ask you Monday night how your leg is doing now?

Bally8 wrote: »
    Sorry shaz I completely forgot to ask you Monday night how your leg is doing now?

Lol sure everything was great on Mon night courtesy of the odd bottle or 2 of beer...not to mention that concoction of a drink the barman called a cocktail :rolleyes:

Scheduled for first run back this eve so expect either a happy or rant post later :)

*sigh*...plan was 3 miles to see how legs felt.
    Original bad leg felt grand but former good leg (aka the one in the pic) is still fecked. Only managed 1.5 miles before I thought it would be a good idea to call it an eve. A good bit of stretching seems to have eased it out a bit and now icing it. A knot in the quad seems to be causing the knee pain so will get good PT to work on that when I see him next.

Distance: 1.51. miles
    Time: 15:06
    Avg Pace: 10:02

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Feck, sorry to hear that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

Chin up!
    Remember it's only temporary...
    Rest up and you'll be back out there in no time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

Frustrating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭ILOVERED

rest up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Sorry to hear that Shaz. Enjoy the rest while you can. You'll be back in no time.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys but no intention of resting up - have all the excess from the supporters weekend in Cork to work off :rolleyes:.
    Some time in the gym will do me good...luckily it's only irritating me when I'm running so at least I can do some cross-training!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

have all the excess from the supporters weekend in Cork to work off :rolleyes:.
    Ditto, need this bug to feck off soon so I can work off my Cork excesses! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

luckily it's only irritating me when I'm running so at least I can do some cross-training!

So you found your way to Digger's place in Kerry then ;)

So you found your way to Digger's place in Kerry then ;)

...but to my surprise found that another boardsie had gotten there before me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

...but to my surprise found that another boardsie had gotten there before me ;)

Digger stepped aside and let the 2 of you go for a cross training session together yeah :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Only catching up with your log, that was some bruising in the photo even my hamstring tear last year was nowhere near as brusied as that.

You seem to be getting a bad run of luck with injuries, keep the head up.

Digger stepped aside and let the 2 of you go for a cross training session together yeah :p

No...he's an old man remember...his heart wouldn't be able to handle that much entertainment crosstraining :cool:
    Only catching up with your log, that was some bruising in the photo even my hamstring tear last year was nowhere near as brusied as that.

You seem to be getting a bad run of luck with injuries, keep the head up.

Cheers JB, injuries do seem to be part and parcel of my log alright :rolleyes:. Your training seems to be going well after Barca

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

*sigh*...plan was 3 miles to see how legs felt.
    Original bad leg felt grand but former good leg (aka the one in the pic) is still fecked. Only managed 1.5 miles before I thought it would be a good idea to call it an eve.

:( sorry to hear this shaz. I really hope you get fixed up asap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

I hope you and Nules have had a good cross-training gossip now...always happy to provide some material! :)

Hope you feel better soon...you poor thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

claralara wrote: »
    I hope you and Nules have had a good cross-training gossip now...always happy to provide some material! :)
    !

Gossip??? God I picked the worse week to go away :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Just catching up on the log now Shaz. You really are having your fair share of injury troubles.
    Hope you're feeling better.

is not something I have!!

Trying to return from this round of injuries is a royal pain in the butt ( or knee, thigh, hip etc...)...having started with a new PT, he is trying to get to the root cause of all my injuries. This is absolutely great and what I need to do but jeez is it frustrating. We thought we had covered most things on Friday so I tried a run on Sat.

Cue a royal meltdown after a failed attempt which resulted in a broken ipod, a dent in my hall wall (from where the garmin hit it or it could have been the ipod!!!) and a dented dustbin (where my foot collided with it!!). Then I got mad that I had broken my ipod which resulted in a litany of curses and then a flood of tears :o. Holy fook but I'm a basket case at the moment.
    I need to get back running asap to retain some sanity (and for the safety of my running gadgets) - even if it's just for 10 mins!!

Date with the Take That boys did me the world of good last night and I've gotten some perspective back...and a small bit of patience! Must go and dig out the C25K program!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

I'm glad I hadn't read the last post when I bumped into you this evening. I'd have been scared :eek:

Seriously though, keep the faith. Better to have everything sorted out at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭ILOVERED

:eek: oh no!!!

but how good was Take That!! deffo cheered you up I'd say:D

Hopefully you will bve sorted soon

F*ck it anyway shaz! I'm really sorry you are still not sorted :(

Finally beginning to see light at the end of a tunnel and should be back running next week after this round of injuries. Now I will take a few weeks to ease back into it slowly, thats a given...

But I'm at a loss as to what plan to do then...should I just do a ~8 wk 10km plan or should I start on a half plan with perhaps looking to come back for the Race Series Half (not targeting a time, just running it)?? Any advice on what to do???

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Maybe just play it by ear for a few weeks? Try to get out for a run 3/4 times a week, run a pace and distance you're comfortable with each time. If you're following a plan you might push too hard because you feel you have to?

Glad to hear you'll be good to go next week :)

I agree with Ray, take a couple of easy weeks before following a plan. Maybe do the first week on grass? That's what I've been advised to do, and so far (touch wood) it seems to be going ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

Good to hear you're on the way back. :p
    I'd agree with the others here too. Just run a few times a week to start with, taking it slow and comfortable. Listen to the body. Once you're up to 30 or 40 mins of comfortable running 4 times a week you might think about a plan... maybe. No rush!;)

• Advertisement

Thanks guys and gals...I do agree with this.

So my plan is not to have a plan!
    I will take it easy and just build up again in July and then after I come back from Kilimanjaro in Aug I will look at putting a plan together. My main concern right now is that I am not injured for the Kili trip so will put no pressure on myself to run. Plenty of cross-training and hikes coming my way with some easy runs thrown in :)

Advertisement