Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Cavan GAA Discussion thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Taffy Kat

Are you male or female? If female bust size?? Oh andif female post pic :D

Veritas+Women+Cocktail+Party+7dy_98NJ8pol.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

willabur wrote: »
    Donaghy in at 14 for sunday. Its an enforced change due to injury but there has to be some thought in Kerry that they can exploit the perceived weakness in the Cavan full back line / goalie. Any word on the injury to Gilsenan? His foot was in crutches two weeks ago, can't imagine it being okay already.

I might be judging O'Meara too harshly. The ball across for the goal was a notoriously hard ball to deal with, you really need to make sure your starting position is perfect. The way the ball was played he needed to be closer to the opponent so he could get to the flight of the ball, had he been in that position though it would have left the near post wide open enough that a shank could have slipped in easily.
    He also didn't look convincing under two balls played in early in the second half, whether he couldn't have done much with them is beside the point as they add fuel to the fire and I am sure kerry will be putting in some direct ball early on Sunday. Lets hope he can pop up against Donaghy and get the ball away to safety

As you say yourself, Gilsenan was on crutches two weeks ago so I don't think there's a hope of him being fit. It's a pity because he commands the area better than O'Meara. Gilsenan isn't afraid to come out and punch balls but I can't see O'Meara having that physical presence. In saying that, he played against Monaghan and Meath in the league and did well.

I wonder how Killian Clarke would do on Donaghey. Tommy O'Connor gave him a roasting a year ago and he's only 20 this year but he has improved hugely and is definitely fulfilling his potential as the player Terry thought he'd be.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭bradyle

3mRHURI.png

bradyle wrote: »
    3mRHURI.png

That's brilliant, my son loved it. Did you do it or find it? If you did it yourself can I ask you to do one with a different jersey please?

Sorry I just found it. I have the grand total of zero skills with photoshop, but if a cavan one exists others probably do too! What you looking for?

• Advertisement

bradyle wrote: »
    Sorry I just found it. I have the grand total of zero skills with photoshop, but if a cavan one exists others probably do too! What you looking for?

Ah just one of my (association) football team, trying to get my son into it and that could help lol.

Where did you come across it?

Someone on facebook had it as a profile picture...it does look like simple enough photoshop...if ya see the jersey doesnt cover all the jeans...so it might not be that hard to do

Good point, I'm like you with photoshop but I know some people who are good with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Lets see next weekend.... mackey doing robot around imperial a few weeks ago after getting beat........ im not here to row just state facts

After the Monaghan game they were allowed a few beers and rightly so. Unlike previous years the panel have been committed and stayed off the beer. No drinking was permitted after any other game. They are young fellas who believe it or not are entitled to some sort of social life.

Oh and after the Monaghan game, they were still expected in for a recovery session the next day, unlike when under Keogan, who wanted them all in the Imperial after matches, win lose or draw.

If your stating facts state all the facts and dont be nit picking.

Lets see next weekend.... mackey doing robot around imperial a few weeks ago after getting beat........ im not here to row just state facts

No... really... a grown man after having a few drinks? Quick hold the front page!

And here was me thinking Cavan was in Ireland, not in a dry country.

The rotter, I hope they flog him :rolleyes:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭PGL

PGL wrote: »
    There is a limited selection / sizes online. Plus as you say delivery probably won't be too swift. They had a new (predominantly white) polo shirt on the website on Sat, but it has since been removed.....

Just back from the O'Neills factory shop on the Long Mile Road. They have white or navy polo shirts in stock for €20 a pop - can't argue with that!

Roll on Sunday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Is it just me or are the new Cavan jerseys really bad quality - bought one last week for the young lad and shocked at how bad it was!!

Just back from the O'Neills factory shop on the Long Mile Road. They have white or navy polo shirts in stock for €20 a pop - can't argue with that!

Roll on Sunday!

Navy would do me... where is the Long Mile Road?
    Tom Joad wrote: »
    Is it just me or are the new Cavan jerseys really bad quality - bought one last week for the young lad and shocked at how bad it was!!

They're not meant to be worn after June... sun gets at them :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭PGL

Taffy Kat wrote: »
    Navy would do me... where is the Long Mile Road?.

Look up Long Mile Road on Google maps. It is located behind Wigoders. You can get to it when driving in the westbound direction of Long Mile Road, approx 300 metres before the junction with Walkinstown Ave.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Good luck to cavan on sunday.how many supporters from cavan are yeah expectin sunday?15000?.we should have around that id say.good day out as long as mayo and cavan win.

eastmayo wrote: »
    Good luck to cavan on sunday.how many supporters from cavan are yeah expectin sunday?15000?.we should have around that id say.good day out as long as mayo and cavan win.

We had 15,000 there last weekend for the London game. I know a good few people who couldn't attend because the game was on a Saturday.

I'd expect 20,000 to 25,000 this weekend.

Look up Long Mile Road on Google maps. It is located behind Wigoders. You can get to it when driving in the westbound direction of Long Mile Road, approx 300 metres before the junction with Walkinstown Ave.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Lemlin wrote: »
    We had 15,000 there last weekend for the London game. I know a good few people who couldn't attend because the game was on a Saturday.

I'd expect 20,000 to 25,000 this weekend.

I'd say you could go to the top end - 25,000 or so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,508 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The best of luck to Cavan on Sunday.
    I will be there to cheer you on and hope your young guns can do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

Any one an opinion on the team? Difficult to see who will loose out should Jason McLauglin come in, which I reckon he will. The other possible change being McDermott for Jack. Good to see we have some options.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Lemlin wrote: »
    As you say yourself, Gilsenan was on crutches two weeks ago so I don't think there's a hope of him being fit. It's a pity because he commands the area better than O'Meara. Gilsenan isn't afraid to come out and punch balls but I can't see O'Meara having that physical presence. In saying that, he played against Monaghan and Meath in the league and did well.
    They're both very good keepers, but I prefer Gilly to Alan, bigger presence, stronger, more confident when dealing with high ball.

<snip> Edit: I'll leave that for another time...

The future is bright with them lads though, I'm looking forward to many years with Conor and Alan minding the Cavan goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭willabur

what is the club situation with them? Which of them plays senior for the club and what does the other lad do? play out the field?
    I heard Gilsenan looked to move to another club but that was rejected

selection wise I think mclauglin would be a good man to bring in to pick up the gooch perhaps.
    I would keep jack in there, we will need to be economical with the ball when we get it around the middle and Jack probably has our highest pass completion rate which will be critical as it gives us a better chance of guaranteeing possession closer to the Kerry goal

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭scatman carruthers

How much money are ye bringing to Dublin ? Will ye be sneaking cans into the bars and into the hill

willabur wrote: »
    selection wise I think mclauglin would be a good man to bring in to pick up the gooch perhaps.
    I would keep jack in there, we will need to be economical with the ball when we get it around the middle and Jack probably has our highest pass completion rate which will be critical as it gives us a better chance of guaranteeing possession closer to the Kerry goal

Who would you leave out though? I think McDermott has to come back in for the work he gets through and he's a better physical presence than Jack.

I think Jack would be a nice impact sub to have. Bring him on to change things round a bit.

I think the team has to be named tonight doesn't it? 5 days before championship game.

In saying that though, Terry will probably just throw out a default team.

Why are Cavan people stereotyped as tight gits just as a matter of interest
    How much money are ye bringing to Dublin ? Will ye be sneaking cans into the bars and into the hill

:D

If he was to come in it would probably be Mossy Corr even though he put in a good shift the last day.
    I think Mcvitty will be called upon at some stage, I would have him in at the start instead of Mcenroe.

I dunno if its me seeing the potential in Jack rather than the end product, footballer wise he is probably the best that we have. If he was a bit faster and stronger we would be talking one of the best in the country - Has the potential to become a bit of Brian Mcguigan circa 05. I was chatting to one of my mates about him the other day and he was inclined to drop him also, reckoned he wasn't getting involved enough in the game itself. But I point to the pass he played into Keating for THAT miss. It was an exceptional pass that so few are capable off. It looked great on TV I can only imagine how good it must have looked from the lower cusack. Thats what Jack brings to this team, I think he could be the key for us as another work horse just won't bring it

I listened to that programme about Cavan that Lemlin (I think) recommended. Was very interesting, the part on hurling was also good. The more the week goes on the more I'm inclined to agree with the sentiment that young legs could surprise an aging Kerry team.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't be so sure, the legs might have a few miles on the clock but they also have a handful of celtic crosses on the dash board. I think you'll find that a 3/4s full croker will be another prospect again for this young cavan team - alot of energy will be expended on pure nerves alone. I hope terry borrowed the jerseys of the Ballymachugh team this week in training this week, let the boys get used to the sight of men in green and gold :)

Advertisement