Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Cavan GAA Discussion thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Astala wrote: »
    No disrespect, but a ''run out" is how Kerry see their next match against Cavan.

As do 90% of the country. We've nothing to lose therefore so might as well let the shackles off and give them a game of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭KeepTheFaith

Lemlin wrote: »
    As do 90% of the country. We've nothing to lose therefore so might as well let the shackles off and give them a game of it.

Can I ask what you mean when you say let the shackles off?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Sometimes a long rest does you more harm than good.

Can I ask what you mean when you say let the shackles off?

Play without pressure. Just go for it etc. people expect us to get a hammering anyway so we've nothing to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Astala

Lemlin wrote: »
    Play without pressure. Just go for it etc. people expect us to get a hammering anyway so we've nothing to lose.

Well, I for one will be shouting with ye for Cavan, and I really hope they do well! It will be a great occasion for all Cavan people and sport is a funny thing-there's always hope!

All the best, and I hope that Mayo get a bit of support from ye!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

Good thing we're playing on Sunday, the extra day to recover can only be a good thing. Did the lad you were chatting to say anything about getting Kerry?

I hope the lads won't be over awed by playing Kerry, we've certainly reached the point where we no longer fear the big guns in Ulster but can we show the same resolve against Kerry?

Relishing it, delighted to hear it, I've no fear we won't give a good account of ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Nobbies

tryed getting tickets for cavan match next sunday off gaa website,only canal end being offered?do the main stand tickets go too clubs for giving out first??also wats the canal end like for viewing agame from?thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Nobbies wrote: »
    tryed getting tickets for cavan match next sunday off gaa website,only canal end being offered?do the main stand tickets go too clubs for giving out first??also wats the canal end like for viewing agame from?thanks
    the gaa website has a page that has the seating plan and a view from each section

I found canal end down low abysmal but up higher especally in the corner is actually grand as you can follow the play very well both going across the pitch and up and down the pitch

try http://www.ticketmaster.ie/ as they have an entire section in the corner behind the corner flag and theres no lack of seats up toward the back.

The last few row are almost restricted view by the stand above but everything from half to three quarters way back should be grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Taffy Kat

Maybe its wishful thinking but after the way Kilkenny were beaten today I have real hope for Cavan. Kerry aren't the team they were, and Cavan are up and coming. Its true I could end up with egg on my face but surprises happen!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭willabur

this is where we want Cavan to be. The boys have done a fantastic job all year and this is their just desserts. A proper big game at HQ. I'm not going to under estimate our boys but it goes without saying that they are up against it next week. Kerry being kerry will bring a natural arrogance which if we are not careful could blow us out of the water. Looking at the game yesterday I would be putting Donaghy in on the square and look to hit Cavan early. Hopefully our boys can start well and then kick on, if we make a battle of it and are in touch in the second half then I would give us every chance of causing an upset.

Gonna be a great week!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Can't see it happening but were Cavan to keep it close for 60 minutes Kerry 2013 are the sort of team that will fade in the final stretch.

Cavan should park the bus and any spare cars they have too. If anything, Lemlin, get the shackles back on and chain yourselves to your half of the field. Be so 'negative' that poor Pat won't have any stomach contents left by the end.

Syferus wrote: »
    Can't see it happening but were Cavan to keep it close for 60 minutes Kerry 2013 are the sort of team that will fade in the final stretch.

Cavan should park the bus and any spare cars they have too. If anything, Lemlin, get the shackles back on and chain yourselves to your half of the field. Be so 'negative' that poor Pat won't have any stomach contents left by the end.

Maybe I phrased it wrong. What I meant was Cavan have nothing to lose so, unlike against London, they can play without pressure.

We have a system and against Kerry I would expect us to stick to it more rigidly than ever.

Kerry don't like playing Ulster teams and it feels like an age since they last played whereas we're more than ready and when Mossie Corr no doubt wallops one of the Kerry mids a shoulder at the throw in they'll know they're in an All Ireland quarter final.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Nobbies wrote: »

My club put up a facebook message re tickets yesterday. Clubs have to have orders into the County Board by today so Id imagine its the County Boards get first call on tickets, and what ever is left goes on sale via gaa.ie or ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Delighted we are still alive although the performance wasnt anywhere near the level displayed against either Derry or Monaghan. Killian Clarke was MOTM, with McVeety a close second. Hopefully thats the Croke Park nerves out of the way. Happy in a way that we werent at our best on Saturday, as I feel we have at least one Big Performance left

Nothing to fear on Sunday, just walk into Kerry. In bonus territory now, although I dont think that will be the attitude in the Camp. The attitude of the players has been spot on, and they have given the whole County a lift.

My biggest fear is actually Darren O Sullivan. If he starts and we can keep tabs on him it will give us a shot at them, although nobody is giving us a chance.

An Cabhán Abú

<snip>

My biggest fear is actually Darren O Sullivan. If he starts and we can keep tabs on him it will give us a shot at them, although nobody is giving us a chance.

An Cabhán Abú
    have to agree

I never really noticed him on games on TV but had the luck to get a ticket for the Dubs beating Kerry in the final 2 years ago and aside from the whole drama at the end, seeing him control the game was my standout memory of the game.
    His accuracy in passing and control of the ball in general was a sight to behold.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭celt262

In bonus territory now

Really fed up at seen this now, no matter what forum i read there someone saying it.

I hope the players don't feel the same.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

celt262 wrote: »
    In bonus territory now

Really fed up at seen this now, no matter what forum i read there someone saying it.

I hope the players don't feel the same.

+1 x 1000

the whole "bonus" thing is rubbish.......not the mind set of the DRIVEN!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

MidlandsM wrote: »
    +1 x 1000

the whole "bonus" thing is rubbish.......not the mind set of the DRIVEN!

Fine for the fans to be saying it and it takes the pressure off the occasion and out of the atmosphere - no-one within the camp has that mentality and they are quietly confident that they can take Kerry. They know the task at hand and the fact that they are not being given a chance is more motivation.

Cavan fans will head in their droves to Croker for Sunday and it will be a great atmosphere as most people want to see the lads give 100% for the jersey and put in a good performance. Anything after that is a bonus - if you had told me in Breffni last year after the battering we took against Kildare or the one against Longford the year before that we would get two days in Croker and one would be a quarter final against Kerry. I personally would have driven you to the nuthouse in Monaghan (after I picked myself up off the floor from laughing).

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭markievicz

Just re: tickets for the match...

County boards have allocations of tickets, the county GAA office in Breffni have tickets, SuperValu in Lakeland have tickets and I found out today that multisound in town are selling hogan stand tickets. Might be worth the trip into town to get tickets in the retailers as when I was trying to get tickets for the London game tickets.ie etc. were showing poor enough seats, went out to SuperValu and got Cusack Stand tickets just to the left of the centre line and 6 or 7 rows from the sideline.
    Raging I can't get to Croker again, the atmosphere was electric on Sat and I've never squealed as much in my life when Niall scored that goal. I was practically levitating I was that far out of the seat!:pac:

• Advertisement

Tom Joad wrote: »
    Fine for the fans to be saying it and it takes the pressure off the occasion and out of the atmosphere - no-one within the camp has that mentality and they are quietly confident that they can take Kerry. They know the task at hand and the fact that they are not being given a chance is more motivation.

I hope that is true but you are not spokesman for the entire Cavan panel.

I hope that is true but you are not spokesman for the entire Cavan panel.

Bit OTT celt?? I've never set myself up as a spokesman for anyone and not sure how you could read that into what I wrote.

Bit OTT celt?? I've never set myself up as a spokesman for anyone and not sure how you could read that into what I wrote.

Sorry if you think im over the top, just read what i highlighted again.

Sorry if you think im over the top, just read what i highlighted again.

I know what I wrote - I'm just puzzled that you would read it that I was a self appointed spokeperson for the panel, that's all.. :confused:

I don't want to argue but were you talking to panel members to be able to say this ?
    no-one within the camp has that mentality and they are quietly confident that they can take Kerry

I don't want to argue but were you talking to panel members to be able to say this ?

I have no interest in any argument either so you're safe enough ;). I've also no interest in coming on here quoting people involved in the camp - enough people on Hogan stand doing that.

But yes to answer your question I was speaking to people involved in the county team and they tell me the mood is good and their is a quiet confidence that they can take Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,508 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I have no interest in any argument either so you're safe enough ;). I've also no interest in coming on here quoting people involved in the camp - enough people on Hogan stand doing that.

But yes to answer your question I was speaking to people involved in the county team and they tell me the mood is good and their is a quiet confidence that they can take Kerry.

Jesus they would have no business turning up if they thought otherwise in fairness.

Yeah were no lemlins :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭willabur

ssssh, don't tell the kerry people that we are pure positive we are going to give them an unmerciful hiding on sunday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭KeepTheFaith

Looks like the hill is open now lads? Terrace tickets available on GAA.ie

Advertisement