Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Cavan GAA Discussion thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Referee couldn’t wait to give that. Very unfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Referee couldn’t wait to give that. Very unfair.

Very soft.

Blows the whistle now with plenty of time left.

Extra time. Ref blew early

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭tanko

How many subs can each team bring on now?

• Advertisement

Odd winning the toss and deciding to play against the wind.

The lads on Northern sound said Monaghan won the toss i think.

These Cavan backs have to learn to tackle.
    You’d get harder tackles in a crèche.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

Come on lads... 10 big minutes...

Peter Canavan saying Cavan won the toss and decided to play against the wind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

Yessssssssss!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

That would do your soul good, fair bloody play to them.

My nerves!

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

Fantastic comeback, fantastic win, What a kick from Raymond Galligan to win it. Hell of a lot of positives, Lots to work on ,before next weekend aswell.

Delighted for my Cavan friends. Great win and exciting end.
    Need to get the defending right though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Some way to win lads. Congrats.

* ignores the ruination of my pools at the first hurdle *

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭benjy1000

Unbelievable scenes!
    That kick from galligan was unreal!
    Fair play to them I for one did not see it coming and I’m happy I was proven wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭baconsarnie

Hammar wrote: »
    Fantastic comeback, fantastic win, What a kick from Raymond Galligan to win it. Hell of a lot of positives, Lots to work on ,before next weekend aswell.

I’m on cloud 9. Bating that shower with the last kick or the game from a free in midfield? If that doesn’t have your soul singing, you may walk away from the lot of it.

Some big performances there. Luke Fortune was superb throughout. All the subs did well, but yet again Thomas Galligan was immense. Immense.

mugsymugsy wrote: »
    My nerves!

Fair play to them, didn’t see that result coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

****ing hell lads
    All is forgiven
    What a game!!!

• Advertisement

tanko wrote: »
    Fair play to them, didn’t see that result coming.

In fairness we’ve had big second halves in lots of the league games (often with Galligan leading the charge) but even I didn’t see us having enough to take it to extra time. Having said that, I felt that 2 points wasn’t enough for them to defend with that breeze, but a few wides at the start had me doubting....my nerves are totally shot. Shot to pieces. But in a good way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Gaafan21

I said I was looking forward to the game and boy did it live up to the expectations. Graham got his calls right in the end and finished stronger. Bantys sheer tactical ignorance showed.. they were so negative and clueless. Branngian a poor ref! What a performance from Thomas galligan! A sure starter for the next day out and what directness in his running cavan lacked throughout. This aging Monaghan team will struggle to regroup.
    The Monaghan supporters will crawl back for another year...what a time to be alive!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Congrats from a Leitrim man....love to see the underdog prosper.

Sky cut to the hurling (fair enough) but would love to see if Donaghy or McGuinness gave Cavan any credit or was it poor aul Monaghan again?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭C__MC

Fair play lads great chance of making another final
    Huge win

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Cavan_King

Gaafan21 wrote: »
    I said I was looking forward to the game and boy did it live up to the expectations. Graham got his calls right in the end and finished stronger. Bantys sheer tactical ignorance showed.. they were so negative and clueless. Branngian a poor ref! What a performance from Thomas galligan! A sure starter for the next day out and what directness in his running cavan lacked throughout. This aging Monaghan team will struggle to regroup.
    The Monaghan supporters will crawl back for another year...what a time to be alive!

We’ve thought though Galligan should be starting every game and for some reason Graham seems to be holding him in reserve.

Serious comeback. I thought we were far too pedestrian in the 3rd quarter but it worked out in the end. What’s more impressive is that we did it against 16 men with some very poor calls by Brannigan.

Tough to watch for the last five minutes, I thought we had thrown it away when Galligan kicked the first free he took straight down to Beggan. He redeemed himself though.

Serious balls on Conroy to kick that 45 as well.

TED did well when he came on. Looked to have a turn of pace and a bit of trickery about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hill St Blue

Fantastic win. Soak it up folks. We have to put up with a lot of bad days, so it's important to enjoy the good ones!

Fantastic win. Soak it up folks. We have to put up with a lot of bad days, so it's important to enjoy the good ones!

Amen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Great win well done. Pure character showed. If Cavan reach the Ulster final am I right in saying they will avoid next summers tier 2 competition?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Cavan_King

Great win well done. Pure character showed. If Cavan reach the Ulster final am I right in saying they will avoid next summers tier 2 competition?

Yes.

Advertisement