Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the worst smell

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭Katgurl

i actually just logged into this thread to post durian. what has been smelled cannot be unsmelled. part of the reason i have no interest in returnign to malaysia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭lahalane

Recently penetrated vagina

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

lahalane wrote: »
    Recently penetrated vagina

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Ammonia.
    Hated having to do anything with it in the lab, I would still smell it for a day or 2 afterwards, felt like it ingrained into my nose

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

It's well known that the worst smell in the world is ......

A Fishes Fanny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

me after an indian and a load of dark ale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Chemical Burn

Hoop66 wrote: »
    Durian. A fruit that grow in SE Asia.

Smells like a rotting corpse. If you can get past the smell, it's actually quite nice to eat.

It smells so bad that a lot of shops etc. have signs outside saying "No Durians"

They're banend full stop in Singapore if I'm not mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

newportlad wrote: »
    Left over protein drink that hasn't been cleaned in a few weeks, horrendous

I opened this thread to post this....its truly terrible. I've had to open windows and leave the kitchen with the tap running on the shaker.....awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Chabals Beard

Burnt butter...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

I worked as a ropes man with my father who was diving to remove a full net of fish from a trawlers propeller.The fish had been in the net 8 days when it arrived and was there another two before we got it out.From the net tightening up when stuck, it had a kind of cheese grater affect on the rotten fish.
    I can not describe how bad the smell was .It was so potent it hurt the back of your throat to breath it in.
    When we were done all our clothes were thrown away,including the suits.The smell stayed on my skin for days.

Ropes man again,this time unblocking a "treated" towns sewerage outfall pipe.The 10" pipe becomes blocked from people flushing condoms,tampons,ear buds all the lovely stuff.It involves removing the top of the pipe and breaking the compacted "sh!t" with a crowbar.When done the pipe burst free, into my ole mans face.I was on the surface in a boat ...........again another smell that will never be forgotten.

The seagulls seemed to love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

matches,the sulphur smells like rotten eggs.nail varnish remover wouldn't be too far behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

damagegt wrote: »
    I worked as a ropes man with my father who was diving to remove a full net of fish from a trawlers propeller.The fish had been in the net 8 days when it arrived and was there another two before we got it out.From the net tightening up when stuck, it had a kind of cheese grater affect on the rotten fish.
    I can not describe how bad the smell was .It was so potent it hurt the back of your throat to breath it in.
    When we were done all our clothes were thrown away,including the suits.The smell stayed on my skin for days.

Ropes man again,this time unblocking a "treated" towns sewerage outfall pipe.The 10" pipe becomes blocked from people flushing condoms,tampons,ear buds all the lovely stuff.It involves removing the top of the pipe and breaking the compacted "sh!t" with a crowbar.When done the pipe burst free, into my ole mans face.I was on the surface in a boat ...........again another smell that will never be forgotten.

The seagulls seemed to love it.
    I dont know what a ropes man is but i dont want to be one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

I dont know what a ropes man is but i dont want to be one.
    Hes in the water.I have a two ropes.One safety and one for utensils.If he needs anything,different pulls on the ropes mean different tools or situations.Im his connection to the surface.Its changed now with all the camera available.

The life of a commercial diver is spent diving in other peoples ..........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Absolutely! E. coli is a walk in the park compaired to Staph! ;)

Try P.mirabilis, it's gross

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 295 ✭✭joetoad

Have you smelled what the rock is cooking? Christ!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭DenMan

The worst.....melted/melting plastic.

Advertisement