Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the worst smell

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Metallitroll

imo, the subtle heady fragrances of gay outdoor sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Dead babies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Metallitroll

is this a smell we'd have had to have experienced, btw
    Dead babies.

can tell u i got saddled with a temp position in a certain dept at the coombe hospital, jobs n me were never meant to be only did a day anyhow but imo the smell of what i mentioned was worse

hmm dead babies, gay cock, roish i am off to bed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

AFC_1903 wrote: »
    A 'skip' in a club, which has been left unsorted for a few days from a bank holiday weekend. Beers, cider, wines, alcopops, spirits, fruit juices, soft drinks, bits of fruit etc etc all left to brew up together, maybe with a couple of old mops and a dash of stout mixed in for the craic.

Nasty - especially when you then have to sort out the bottles for recycling.

With a hangover. :(
    used to have to sort them out aswell. Jaysus its manky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

A traveller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

karlog wrote: »
    A traveller.

FTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Dog puke, its feckin nasty

Its one of those smells that was soon as you get a decent whiff of it, you naturally go to puke yourself and cough like mad with your eyes watering

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Alias G

Dog crap with burnt hair mashed into it FTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭ThisNoize

Sour milk.

I'm not talking 'few days past the expiration date' here.
    I'm talking about, 2 weeks out in the sun for most of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Dead bodies more than a week old.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

1) The time my parents left some chicken and fish in the freezer in their holiday home. They arrived back 3 months later to find the electricity had tripped at some stage and the fish and chicken had rotted. It was disgusting.

2) A dead bird the cat has brought in and for some strange reason hidden in a plastic bag in the hall...... for about a week...... in the height of summer.

Took us ages to track the smell down and then get rid of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭lecker Hendl

KungPao wrote: »
    I hate manure.

smellls like sh*t in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

The smell coming from a slaughter factory.

Rotting vegetables.

Redbull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

The smell off the carpet in Club 92 after the smoking ban came in.

The smell of smoke was hiding a lot of disgustingly dirty carpets in pubs/clubs around Ireland.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I'm not good with bad smells at all but by far the worst in my experience (randomly) is a really gone off White onion. Truly awful smell.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,010 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

De feet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Charlie.

Stale piss

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

Used to work as a hgv mechanic,and this guy used come in with a truck used for taking hides out of a slaughter house............jaysus some bang off of that:eek: worst of all when you would be under it all the "liquid"would be dripping out all over ye..........,maggots the size of donkeys aswell:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

The jacks in work... what are those wagons eating???!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

That chemical-like bad breath people sometimes get. It's disgusting.

Also, the smell of success reeking off Bill Gates, Richard Branson et all. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

Driving through Killybegs many years ago with the wind in your face blowing from the fish factory. Not good at all, and you have to keep going to get by. Didn't know I could keep my breath in for so long !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Had a feed of bacon and green cabgage in Kinnegad and sluiced out a ripe coil immediately on arriving home.

Bang off the dump would strip paint.

In the house for days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

Used to work in a lab. By far the worst was effluent from a slaughter hourse and effluent from a polular mint based alcoholic drink. The first time I smelled the slaughter house one I actually retched, unbelievable pong off it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭gent9662

Old people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

A dead body. I assume human ones smell just as bad as animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭BengaLover

When you leave an old bucket at the bottom of the garden all winter and it fills up with leaves and water and rots...You just cant get rid of that smell..its worse than death.
    Closely followed by
    chicken/cat poo
    slurry
    old people

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

One of my good friends is a nurse, so shes used to the foul stench of human wastes. She says that human blood is the worst shes ever smelled. Something nasty about the iron in the blood.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

The smell of desperation....

The smell of failure!

The smell of an aeroflot food trolley left for 4 days in the sweltering heat...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

My cat crapped on the mat in the living room over Christmas.
    Had to clean it the next morning hungover as bedamned...thought I'd throw up.
    I was nearly crying it was so bad. God help anyone who has to clean up sh1t regularly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Had a job while in college working for a company that built sheds, factories, etc. It was one of those rare hot Summer weeks that occur once every few decades in Ireland and we had the job of replacing a roof on a meat factory. This same meat factory had been on strike for a few weeks, so after crossing the picket line we were met with the most vile stomach turning smell of dead meat that was still on the floor of a very warm factory for the past few weeks. Awful few days of work, but the 2 punts an hour I was getting paid helped me get thought it :(

Advertisement