Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the worst smell

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

piercings (stretched ear piercings smell yuck!)

car freshners (vomit!)

some avon perfum that made me sick while pregnant and makes me wana get sick 8 years later anytime i smell it on someone!

smell is in the nose of the beholder... or suma like that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

extremely stagnant water.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

pig fat rendering plant!! vile just vile
    and i was only driving by it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I had never noticed the following until I read it in a thread AGES ago on the same subject.

That waft you get when you open a packet of ham. Eugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Mongarra

The smell in the wind near the mushroom processing plant outside Gorey. When collecting someone from the train in Gorey and heading home you have to mention it in case they think it's you or your f*rts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

rotting lugworm (it is the type of worm that makes the worm casts on a beach)
    it does not need much of it either one or 2 worms can completely stink up a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Chicken sh1t. When farmers spread it on a field. Its so bad some people with asthma have bad reactions to it.

Also I farted last week and it smelled like ham and onions. It was fcukin' rank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

human cadavers decomposing:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

The smell of vomit for me. I hate it with a vengeance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

smokers with acute necrotising ulcerative gingivitis who haven't brushed their teeth in a year or three..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Rancid beans - if I was exposed to that smell long enough, I would definitely vomit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Ditch

Minks anal glands. I burst one once, in an enclosed space ..... I nearly vomited down the stairs. (I was doing a bit of Taxidermy)

Better than that though; Many years later ~ not so many years ago ~ I was 'baiting' a trap with 'Mink Gland Oil' and inadvertently got some on my finger. My finger on my tongue .....

My only regret was that I couldn't get my finger onto the trigger of my rifle and so end my suffering :eek:

Balls? Nothing, compared to minks 'sacks'. I remember the smell of balls from when I was in my early teens and subtle enough to self fellate ..... :confused: Sorry. That was another thread, on here, wasn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Ditch wrote: »
    Minks anal glands. I burst one once, in an enclosed space ..... I nearly vomited down the stairs. (I was doing a bit of Taxidermy)

Better than that though; Many years later ~ not so many years ago ~ I was 'baiting' a trap with 'Mink Gland Oil' and inadvertently got some on my finger. My finger on my tongue .....

My only regret was that I couldn't get my finger onto the trigger of my rifle and so end my suffering :eek:

Balls? Nothing, compared to minks 'sacks'. I remember the smell of balls from when I was in my early teens and subtle enough to self fellate ..... :confused: Sorry. That was another thread, on here, wasn't it?
    Hold on! You're a Taxidermist from Leitrim that can suck himself off?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

The smell of Killybegs.

Portaloos.

The waft that hits you in the face when you open a black wheelie bin on a hot summer's day.

Really stale, overpowering BO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Ditch

Alter-Ego wrote: »
    Hold on! You're a Taxidermist from Leitrim that can suck himself off?

No, no! Ye misread me completely:

I'm a former Taxidermist, now living in Leitrim, who used to be able to suck himself off, several decades ago.

I stuffed a Turkey once. Judge said I was a " Foul fcuker. " But decided it was just a paltry offence and so let me off.

Stuffed a Dog too. Collie. Wife found me at it and asked how low I could get. I said I reckoned one of those longer legged Jack Russell Terriers .....

Yep. Been there. Heard that one. Had the badge: " Taxidermists Say 'Stuff The Bomb' "

As for the rest? Ye'll have to find That thread! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

the smell of a womens vagina ewwwwwwwwwwww

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

That lorryload of fish guts that used to pass through every town in West Cork and get stuck in traffic every week (but seemingly more often on hot summer days) going from Castletownbere to Albert Reynolds' cat food factory in Longford. It still passes through every now and again, but not as much since the cat food place burnt down. The smell would stay on the streets for about an hour afterwards. It was the vilest thing known to man. There was no cover on the lorry trailer thingy either. Someone I know was in a second floor room one day when it passed and said she now knows what hell looks like. It makes Guinness farts smell like the ground floor of Brown Thomas.

The two worst I've come across are freshly spread slurry and vomit, the latter would make me sick too if I picked up enough of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Metallitroll

floral cinema pong

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭t0mm13b

the smell of a womens vagina ewwwwwwwwwwww

what about the smell of unwashed dick.... wouldnt be as fishy as ^^^ :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

The grease trap in those rotisserie ovens you see on delis, especially if they've not been cleaned in a while. A thick layer of brown fat congeals at the bottom and on the top, yellow liquid grease sits. You have to open a screw and let the contents rush into a bucket and the smell that rises is godawful.

To top it off, the brown fat (as it's not liquid) does not run out with the other fat so you have to put on rubber gloves to scrape it into the bucket, causing the rest of the foul liquid to splash up and stick to your clothes. Fucking mank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭MASTER...of the bra

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Oh, I forgot! After working as a florist's assistant I can easily say it's the stench that fills a room when dead stems and leaves from flowers have been left to stew in water buckets over a long weekend. Well and truly rank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

definitely slurry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Millicent wrote: »
    The grease trap in those rotisserie ovens you see on delis, especially if they've not been cleaned in a while. A thick layer of brown fat congeals at the bottom and on the top, yellow liquid grease sits. You have to open a screw and let the contents rush into a bucket and the smell that rises is godawful.

To top it off, the brown fat (as it's not liquid) does not run out with the other fat so you have to put on rubber gloves to scrape it into the bucket, causing the rest of the foul liquid to splash up and stick to your clothes. Fucking mank.

yep you just reminded me of this. i used to work in a deli. used to have to do this on saturdays. breathing in through my mouth instead. eugh.

but also I know some people love it, but I HATE the smell of leather. I mean really good leather. used to work in a shop that sells shoes and leather bags, eugh I couldn't stand the smell of them. actually used to make me feel sick. and people loved it :confused:

burning hair is pretty bad too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭questionmark?

/wtf over a hundred posts in and nobody has said it right so

YOUR MA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

a badly packed kebab (not the edible kind) or ammonia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Dr. No

The toilets in the male staff changing rooms at the hospital I work in. When I was in primary school the smell of egg sandwiches on a warm day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

haha have to laugh at all the comments re: women's vag.

Other than dead bodies, have you ever had a sniff of the average Irish man's penis, particularly when pubes are untrimmed???:eek:

Enough to send women to nunnerys in their thousands!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Dozen eggs in the microwave for 20 mins:pac::pac:

Was at rag week session in a house and this was done. The smell cleared the house when they exploded.
    Got egg fried rice dayas after it and when i opened it the smell made me want to throw up :(

also

stink bombs in the locker room back in the school days.

Advertisement