Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bus eireann mechanic apprenticeship

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

I interested in doing an apprenticeship, is it too late now and how do you contact them?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Nearly40

NinjaK wrote: »
    I interested in doing an apprenticeship, is it too late now and how do you contact them?

The closing date for this year was in April, but as far as I know they run this every year, so keep an eye on their website early next year for the next run.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

got the rejection email today

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Moxy111

shakin wrote: »
    got the rejection email today
    Hi...do ye no wen people wil no if they get it??

• Registered Users Posts: 5 deano1990

hey im after getting my interview for limerick next thursday.anyone else here anything back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Andy cbr250

Hi, I had the medical exam for the apprentice mechanic in Dublin 2 weeks ago, but haven't heard anything else since, has anybody else done the medical and heard anything? Thanks

Hi, I had the medical exam for the apprentice mechanic in Dublin 2 weeks ago, but haven't heard anything else since, has anybody else done the medical and heard anything? Thanks

fairplay lad.just wondering on what the questions ar like,i have mine tmrw now in limerick and it would b highly appreciated if you could give us the heads up?

from what i read over other threads that after the medical it should b from 2 to 3 weeks you sould here back,because there suppose to b starting the first week of novembr.

besta luck with it anyway

deano1990 wrote: »
    fairplay lad.just wondering on what the questions ar like,i have mine tmrw now in limerick and it would b highly appreciated if you could give us the heads up?

from what i read over other threads that after the medical it should b from 2 to 3 weeks you sould here back,because there suppose to b starting the first week of novembr.

besta luck with it anyway

Thanks hopefully they'll get back to me soon, the waiting is killing me hah!

Well when i did the interview back in May they asked me questions like:

''What subjects did you do in school and what was your favorite/ least favorite?'' just tell them what you preferred, i said engineering

''What have you been doing since you left school?'' just tell them about any previous jobs or travelling abroad etc handy enough

''What are your hobbies?'' tell them what your interested in, sports, etc ... but i threw in relevant stuff to the trade such as driving, working on my own car, reading mechanic related books such as haynes manuals etc

''why do you want to do Heavy Vehicle mechanics and not light vehicle mechanics ie cars?'' ... i answered because i have an interest in driving heavy vehicles and how they work and would like to make a career working on buses in particular as with the price of fuel going up there will be more of a demand for public transport so therefore there will be more buses on the road in the future as more people will not be using their cars because of the cost to run them.

''Have you any previous experience working on cars etc? make sure you have something to say that you know about because he will scrutinize what you say so dont bull**** them!! i told them about servicing my own car and bike and doing oil changes and brakes etc ..if your not sure just google something!

''Have you worked as a team with other people?'' they like to see that you can work well with a group of people so say that you were part of a team in sports or a previous job and that you communicated well with everyone

they ask about health and safety too but its common sense!!

at the end they'll ask you, if you would like to ask them any questions? ... make sure you ask something as it will show your keen and interesed! i asked about what garages you could possibly be put into, what benifits come with the job and what are the hours...

hope that helped a bit, just go into the interview confident and show your keen and have a genuine interest in getting the job!! :D also be there nice and early as i got called in 20mins before my actual time slot,
    well best of luck, let me know how you get on!

thanks very much bud well appreciated
    .will do and again thanks very much and besta luck hopefully theyl get back to ya and you get:)

deano1990 wrote: »
    thanks very much bud well appreciated
    .will do and again thanks very much and besta luck hopefully theyl get back to ya and you get:)

Thanks, hope everything go's well this morning! :)

• Advertisement

wel got on good very short interview .there was a lad before who was only in there for 15 mins same as myself realy.but when i came out there was no one else there witch is unusual.found out theres two positions going.they seid theyd b back to me buiy the end of sept and that there will b a further supervised aptitude test and a medical so hopefully..did you here anything back.he mentioned then there al supose to b starting inn the first week of novembr.:)so fingeres crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tossy94

i done the medical and got word back that the job was mine. just signed a contract to say i wanted it. still have no idea where ill be based (dublin hopefully) or what wages are like. hope yous all get what yous want lads good luck.

Got called for medical in Dublin on Monday, so fingers crossed, they said that's it, I am selected as long as the medical goes ok. Good luck to everyone else waiting.

Hi Andy, did you get news from them yet? Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tossy94

Nearly40 wrote: »

I got a letter in the post just askin do I accept the job. It took 2 weeks for that to come, I wouldn't worry about it lad, once youv done the medical it pretty much means youv got the job.. unless you failed it?

tossy94 wrote: »
    Nearly40 wrote: »

I got a letter in the post just askin do I accept the job. It took 2 weeks for that to come, I wouldn't worry about it lad, once youv done the medical it pretty much means youv got the job.. unless you failed it?

Hi sorry about the late reply lads, I only got back from holidays on Monday!

Well i Got good news, I got the letter offering me the job! :) I sent back the confirmation part accepting it, by registered post yesterday! No starting dates of yet though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Chris321

Hi Andy, are you based in Dublin ? Did medical 2 weeks ago but have heard nothing back yet, just wondering if anyone in Dublin got a job offer yet. Thanks.

Hi Chris, ye I'm in Dublin north

Thanks Andy, omg i am still waiting - did u get a start date yet ?

Got my confirmation letter this morning, got accepted for Ballina Co. Mayo, thank god. Just had my medical a week ago today so it didnt take too long. Week long induction in Dublin in November then ready to start. Good luck to anyone still waiting. :)

• Advertisement

Congrats, well done, do you have a date yet for the induction week ?

Chris321 wrote: »
    Congrats, well done, do you have a date yet for the induction week ?

Thanks Chris, they said they will have proper dates asap, just November for the induction, then ready to start in garage.

Thanks, it would be great if u could let me know when u get a start date
    Ps email me on zv7320@hotmail.com
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jaj123

Hi, I got the letter saying i8 got the job, and did the medical n all, but still havnt got the date for induction in dublin, have any of ye got it yet??

jaj123 wrote: »
    Hi, I got the letter saying i8 got the job, and did the medical n all, but still havnt got the date for induction in dublin, have any of ye got it yet??

Same as that, waiting for induction date, was told it would be November, so we should soon get word from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kyle1k

got my letter a few days ago saying induction week starts the 5th of nov in broadstone. not sure if everyone is in then or if they run a few of them. anyone know anything about the fas phases like where they are?

kyle1k wrote: »
    got my letter a few days ago saying induction week starts the 5th of nov in broadstone. not sure if everyone is in then or if they run a few of them. anyone know anything about the fas phases like where they are?

I didnt get my start date yet, but I'd say we'll all be there for induction at the same time. I looked up the Fas apprenticeship site, it shows rates of pay and phase schedules, here is the link, it might help, I dont know what colleges but I suppose it depends where in the country we are:

www.fas.ie/en/Training/Apprenticeships/Frequently+Asked+Questions.htm[/url]

Got induction date for Broadstone 2.30pm on Monday 19th November for the week, then straight into the garage after that.

Bus Eireann/ Dublin bus are starting their apprentice recruiting again from tomorrow till the 14th April If anyone is interested in applying...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Calgary22

Lads any of ye on here working in bus eireann as an apprentice? if so ye might bust out a bit of a description if ye could of the daily work? and how ye find the job/company overall?:D

Advertisement