Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bus eireann mechanic apprenticeship

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dazmc

jacksflaps wrote: »
    Yeah I'm in at 9:00am aswell,is it just the apptitude test that day or will there be interviews aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Dazzler88

dazmc wrote: »
    jacksflaps wrote: »
    Yeah I'm in at 9:00am aswell,is it just the apptitude test that day or will there be interviews aswell
    im just going by a post i read here about last years campaign which said the interviews arent until november,not sure if its the same this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dazmc

aw thank god for that ha:rolleyes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭CoolGirl101

Woooo my boyfriend got word of his today, in waterford on the 28th.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 gazzza18

me to got mine today for waterford the 28 of this month anyone know how many they have attending these things and how many they pick out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭stephenk123

got mine today 20th of april in cit, delighted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 tony28

so has anyone any idea what to expect in these things -i dont know whats going to be on it-is it a multiple choice thing or what

jw93 wrote: »
    I wonder how many applications they got in the end like whats our chances?

Heres a sample aptitude test my mate sent me, I should point out this is a very simple aptitude test
    i think it will be something simliar to this test..i still havent heard back,im in the North West,kind of getting a bit anxious now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭byrner88

What should i bring with me for the aptitude test

• Registered Users Posts: 34 accordsir-t

hi all done aptitude test today in bolton street went ok nothing really complicated althought they dont allow enough time to complete the questions anyone else attend this for the apprenticeships:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Badger the witness

Im doing it this wed (20th) in CIT. I haven't done one before, Is it like the one posted on this thread?

hi all done aptitude test today in bolton street went ok nothing really complicated althought they dont allow enough time to complete the questions anyone else attend this for the apprenticeships:rolleyes::rolleyes:

i also done it in Bolton street on Saturday at 10.30 . was handy enough . i taught the time given was sufficient, but some people didnt i guess we're all different. lets hope i get the call in july for the interview stage

well byrner i was talking to some of the people after mine at 12.00 in bolton street on 16 april and they thought the timeline was kinda short althought the questions were pretty basic for the numeric and the verbal. i thought the spaces part of the test the timeline was short:rolleyes::rolleyes:

can you bring a calculator for the maths

no pal no calculators allowed its ok not to hard just read the questions carefully;) when are you up i heard we wont get confirmation until july

im on at 12 tomorrow man

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Philush

on tomorry myself in cit, hopefully be straight forward enough. Be bit of a pain tho if we dont hear till July.

Just got my date,6th of May in Athlone.Does anyone know of any pratice tests I can do online?I have printed the one that was posted here previously.

good luck post up how you thought it went and if you thought they allowed enough time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

well byrner i was talking to some of the people after mine at 12.00 in bolton street on 16 april and they thought the timeline was kinda short althought the questions were pretty basic for the numeric and the verbal. i thought the spaces part of the test the timeline was short:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Not all tests are designed to give ye enough time. some will look to see how many questions/problems you can solve in the shortest amount of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Philush

did mine today in cit, thought was relatively straight forward, was bout 4 short of finishin the maths, but maths was never my strong point for working out quickly anyway. thought the time was fair enough, thats the way those tests are designed unfortunately, to see how quick you can work and will you allow yourself to get bogged down on one question etc etc. now for the waiting game!........dose!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Badger the witness

Did mine today aswel, you dont need to bring anything with you. Finished the verbal but only got two thirds of the shapes and maths finished.

yes i think a lot of people thought the test was ok does anybody know how many jobs are going to be available for the aprenticeships as i know thousands applied:confused::confused: we all just have to wait until july i think which seems so far away at the minute hopefully we all do well enough lads:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

Done it in Limerick on Friday.We were told there is only one Job in Thurles and three jobs in Limerick and that we wouldn't hear anything back from them till after the leaving cert results came out.

wow so there isnt that many jobs in your area hopefully there is more here in dublin we got told we will hear in july its just a waiting game now but if there is only a few jobs and thousands applied it will be tough does anybody have any information on job numbers in dublin

I attended the test yesterday in Athlone,definetly not enough time but it wasnt as hard as the test posted here earlier.Just wait for July now for the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

think only 10/12 places in dublin. That was 3 years ago though so they may have less or more now

Not too long left til they start calling people for interviews

not long...hopefully they send them mid june,so at least we know where we stand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Ryankelly110

Hi i am just wondering if anybody has heard anything about the interviews:confused:

Advertisement