Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bus eireann mechanic apprenticeship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭FarOn

Thanks FarOn;).I was hoping it's was shorter as I'm on the wrong side of 30, if you know what I mean.Still,I'll go do it and see what happens. Hope you got on well at yours.
    Im 29 so not far behind. Best of luck to you too.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭stephenk123

got a letter today calling me for an interview, thought all the interviews were done, oh well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 David.Daly

Hi All, been watching this thread a while now as i applied for it too, got called for a medical a few weeks back and was offered the position a few days ago, how did everyone else do?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭stephenk123

does anybody know what they are like to work for?

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

Just got the rejection letter today :( ah well, keep the chin up I suppose. Good luck to everyone else still in the running ;).

• Advertisement

got the letter today for the interview, couldnt believe it ! jesus they are very picky with the documents u have to take with ya !! anybody any info on the interview?? will i wear a suit and all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Peter 2011

David.Daly wrote: »
    Hi All, been watching this thread a while now as i applied for it too, got called for a medical a few weeks back and was offered the position a few days ago, how did everyone else do?
    Did u get a start date?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pat.mustard

I was also offered the position in August and accepted but have heard nothing since, just wondering has anyone else heard anything about the start date?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 shanemasseyman

i was on to them, starts in november as far as i know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 David.Daly

Peter 2011 wrote: »
    Did u get a start date?

Sorry for the late reply forgot totaly about this thread, only got my start date last week, Doing the intriductory course in broadstone starting the 21st hopefully i start in the garage the following week,

Anyone else get it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 johnbyrne77

Hi,
    I have an aptitude test for Bus Eireann soon, applied for the position of driver.
    Does anyone have any idea of what they'll be asking or any good link for it?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lushnick

I may have an aptitude test coming up for a bus drivers position at CIE is there any one out there who has an insight as to what may arise in the test? Any help would be much appreciated
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 the-dude

Recruitment starting again. What is the salary scale for this job?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Nearly40

Hi, Im trying for an apprentiship, I got an e-mail to say I will to be called for interview in July/August. How long is apprentiship for (is it 4 years)? Any idea about rates of pay? Any tips for interview please. Any information greatly appreciated, Ta.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭FarOn

Nearly40 wrote: »
    Hi, Im trying for an apprentiship, I got an e-mail to say I will to be called for interview in July/August. How long is apprentiship for (is it 4 years)? Any idea about rates of pay? Any tips for interview please. Any information greatly appreciated, Ta.:)

Hi,
    I Did an interview with them last year. The rate for the first year is 195.25 rising to 527.70 by year 4 . The length of the apprenticeship is 4 years. They will probably ask you questions about basic mechanical things like brakepads and questions about health and safety. They will probably give you a grilling as there is so many applicants so little positions.

Just basically come across as health and safety conscious and very interested in motor mechanics. Background knowledge is a definite advantage. They may ask you if you have applied for other apprenticeship and why are you most interested this one. They basically want to know how your work and educational experience has led you to deciding to take on a 4 year apprenticeship in heavy vehicle mechanics. If you have some knowledge, push it, as it is a big advantage.

Best of luck with your interview!

FarOn wrote: »
    Hi,
    I Did an interview with them last year. The rate for the first year is 195.25 rising to 527.70 by year 4 . The length of the apprenticeship is 4 years. They will probably ask you questions about basic mechanical things like brakepads and questions about health and safety. They will probably give you a grilling as there is so many applicants so little positions.

Just basically come across as health and safety conscious and very interested in motor mechanics. Background knowledge is a definite advantage. They may ask you if you have applied for other apprenticeship and why are you most interested this one. They basically want to know how your work and educational experience has led you to deciding to take on a 4 year apprenticeship in heavy vehicle mechanics. If you have some knowledge, push it, as it is a big advantage.

Best of luck with your interview!
    Thanks for your help FarOn, i'll use your experience and advice. Will keep posted later, when I hear further.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

done my interview today

a couple of tips if you have yours tomorrow or friday

they ask these types of questions

what have you done since you left school?
    what was your favourite subject in school?
    what was your least favourite?
    if you didnt pick metal work or woodwork for your leaving cert choice make sure your able to answer why you didnt pick them

why are you interested in becoming an apprentice mechanic?
    have you ever repaired a car even a little bit or helped out a friend repair a car?
    **** that question is a trick question, if you say yes youve repaired a few cars or helped out, they will ask what have you repaired and how did you do it**** lucky for me i actually did have experience in repairing a car hell even say you helped change a wheel and just know how to change one.

it was a very enjoyable interview, by far the best one ive been in, they were friendly , two people a fella and a girl. all really basic questions just to see if your really interested in becoming a mechanic.

just be prepared
    and expect anything they through at you because, the girl watchs what your saying and takes notes, while the fella is the main person to ask the questions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

also sorry for double post
    they will ask you about
    your last job or jobs depending on how related they are to the mechanic position
    and say did it involve teamwork or where you working alone
    also a good few questions on health and safety
    which i kind of stutterd on abit because i could only think of a few off the top of my head

• Registered Users Posts: 5 paddywhacky

hi all... been following this thread for a while now. ive also been called for an interview in july or august.... just as a matter of curiousity what would be the average age group they take on? also when would be the start date if you did manage to land an apprenticeship... cheers guys...

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Truck

I got the following after applying,

"While you have not been selected for an interview in the first round, your name is being retained for consideration as a substitute, in the event that the person selected is not able to take up the offer of an interview"

Anyone know what my chances are for still getting an interview? Anyone any experience of this?
    Thanks.

• Advertisement

To add another question, How many hours per week does the training involve. Thanks :)

persume its a 40 hour week... having done an apprenticeship already through fas i persume its the same... 4 years.. 7 phases... 4 on the job and 3 off... phase 2 is 20 weeks phase 4 and 6 would then be 10 weeks...

persume its a 40 hour week... having done an apprenticeship already through fas i persume its the same... 4 years.. 7 phases... 4 on the job and 3 off... phase 2 is 20 weeks phase 4 and 6 would then be 10 weeks...

Thanks Paddywhacky, am still waiting for call for interview, hopefully not too much longer.
    Anyone out there heard from them lately??

Thanks Paddywhacky, am still waiting for call for interview, hopefully not too much longer.
    Anyone out there heard from them lately??

Hi, Were interviews not already called a few weeks ago? :confused:

Truck wrote: »
    Hi, Were interviews not already called a few weeks ago? :confused:

I got e-mail to say i'd be called in July or August, they seem to be spreading them out very well, so some people have already been called.:)

I got e-mail to say i'd be called in July or August, they seem to be spreading them out very well, so some people have already been called.:)

Oh cool, makes sense! I am on a reserve list apparently so still a chance I guess!

was talking to them yesterday... they said that there are different interveiws in different parts of the country each week... thats why they mightnt have called you yet,,,

was talking to them yesterday... they said that there are different interveiws in different parts of the country each week... thats why they mightnt have called you yet,,,

Thanks, that explains the slowness of it. Wonder when does the actual training start? Hope not too much more of a wait, it would be handy to plan ahead, shur, what will be, will be and whats for you, wont go by you...

Ballina Interview at last, for 3rd September. anyone know how many positions are there each year on course in the different garages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

was supposed to hear back after interview mid-august...nothing as of yet

Advertisement