Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bus eireann mechanic apprenticeship

Options
  • 02-03-2011 2:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

hi im in 6th year now and don't want to go to college, i don't want to do anything there. i saw on here something about bus eireann mechanic apprenticeship and i was just wondering does anybody have any info about this ie. when they recruit apprentices and how to apply, would be great
    thhanks
    stephen

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 506 ✭✭✭common sense brigade

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭stephenk123

thanks man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭byrner88

is this only for school leavers or for anyone? anyone more information on this??

application forms for apprenticeship are open to all

printed out the application but some of the questions seem to be missing anytime i print it off. will this hinder my application ? even though i know the questions. i did use different printers but still the same problem

• Advertisement

no just write anything you are missing on the back of the application page and you should be ok. good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Dazzler88

just applied online.Anyone else on here know when the apititude test will be?

http://www.buseireann.ie/inner.php?id=148

you can apply online here without printing the form.

Thanks for that i'll apply online so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jacksflaps

Hi, I have received a date for the aptitude test for this apprenticeship, can anyone tell me what to expect and study for it?

• Advertisement

^^^^ fair play mate, where do you have to do it.

it's in Bolton Street, Dublin 1 on the 16th of April. Really want to get some research done for it, but I can't find anyone who knows what's on it.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭jw93

I've also got a letter to attend the aptitude test on April 16th, but are there any other times other than 12:00 for the aptitude test?

Yeah I'm in at 9:00am on the 16th, maybe it's single interview kinda things?

jacksflaps wrote: »
    Yeah I'm in at 9:00am on the 16th, maybe it's single interview kinda things?

I wonder how many applications they got in the end like whats our chances?

Heres a sample aptitude test my mate sent me, I should point out this is a very simple aptitude test

Yeah I'd like to find that out myself. Cheers man, this will help a lot, if I hear anything else about it I'll be sure to let you know.

Alrite cheers man

i really hope i hear something back from them, did anyone down south get any replies

that aptitude test looks fairly easy

i have yet to hear back from them.I really hope i hear back from them soon.I seen from an old thread that was on her last year,that some people didnt do their test until the first days of May.Im in the North West,anyone else in the North West hear back?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Truck

Still waiting to hear something myself, Im in the South area too. I'd say they are rolling it out bit by bit :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 tony28

hi i got a date too, i dunno is it a one on one interview-as in wear a suit interview-it says the tests will take and hour an a half and asks you arrive 15 minutes before they begin so whats anyone else thinkin-any ideas on what to study im clueless

that aptitude test looks fairly easy

Yea I probably should of pointed out the sample aptitude test I posted above is a very simple aptitude test and I just put it up to give people a vague idea of what to expect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭CoolGirl101

my boyfriend is waiting for a reply, in the south east....
    do they contact you even if you aren't successful?

got a letter last week saying it was not possible to consider my application due to my educational requirements . then today i got another letter saying that i should attend the aptitude tests in DIT Bolton street on the 16th April .

just emailed them there with both my leaving certificate and junior certificate results. hope i can do the aptitude test.

wish me luck guys that i can do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭CoolGirl101

byrner88 wrote: »
    got a letter last week saying it was not possible to consider my application due to my educational requirements . then today i got another letter saying that i should attend the aptitude tests in DIT Bolton street on the 16th April .

just emailed them there with both my leaving certificate and junior certificate results. hope i can do the aptitude test.

wish me luck guys that i can do it

good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

I got Limerick on the 21st, not sure how I'm going to prepare for this.I suppose one step at a time and see what happens.Good luck to all;)

jw93 wrote: »
    Yea I probably should of pointed out the sample aptitude test I posted above is a very simple aptitude test and I just put it up to give people a vague idea of what to expect

ahh sh*t man i thought i was on my way to becoming an astronaut haha thanks

by the way my letter for aptitude test is for the 16th of april @ 10.30 . dont know if i should attend of not (still waiting to hear back, check my latest posts)

by the way my letter for aptitude test is for the 16th of april @ 10.30 . dont know if i should attend of not (still waiting to hear back, check my latest posts)
    Just heard back they said i should attend

• Advertisement

Just heard back they said i should attend
    good stuff...best of luck to you...would you mind posting to tell us how you got on..

Advertisement