Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brink

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

HxGH wrote: »

i havent been hyped for quite awile these days... i want this game now!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,583 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Vid 4 is out, all about the HUD

Black Ops, I bid you fairwell. Hope PSN is back up in time for this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Some seriously good idea being implemented in this game hope it pans outs.

These vids are flying out. Vid 5 out now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Can't wait for this :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

hmmmm, looks very ambitious, it has the potential to be a great multiplayer, just hope they found a balance with what they are introducing and core gameplay mecahnics.

kinda reminds me of Killzone 3 multiplayer which i thought was gonna be amazing but unfortunately the finished product came across as uneven in all.(imo of course:D)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

It is Bethesda afterall, ive every confidence in them.
    Easily one of the very best developers out there, once the pc version is great im happy, couldnt give a toss about the console versions :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

What annoys me are all the narrow minded idiots who have come out and said "This is just a copy of TF2 i hope they burn and fail"!

Really drives me mental when this game in every way is a spiritual successor to Quake Wars! Mean come on they share the same features!.

Anyway ill be picking this up think it looks great and iv dieing for a multiplayer shooter that isn't just equip M203/RPG and win.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I hope psn is back online in time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I wonder what the point of the missions/objectives are? Are they ways of giving you variety in ways to level up? Or are they more integral to the gameplay (e.g. both teams arming/disarming bombs to win)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

grizzly wrote: »
    I wonder what the point of the missions/objectives are? Are they ways of giving you variety in ways to level up? Or are they more integral to the gameplay (e.g. both teams arming/disarming bombs to win)?

Both really. For example a Engineer will get a defuse the bomb objective while a soldier on the same team may get a defend the Engineer. The objectives will be relevant to some main objective so you won't be running off somewhere doing something that has nothing to do what the rest of the team is trying to achieve.

6th and final SMART vid released:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Dcully wrote: »
    It is Bethesda afterall...
    Easily one of the very best developers out there

Stockholm syndrome? :D

I liked at mines. It explode when you step off it lol. This will be fun.

I don't get it. They say engineer can destroy mines, but you cam destroy mine by shooting it.... What's the pointof engineer so?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

I don't get it. They say engineer can destroy mines, but you cam destroy mine by shooting it.... What's the pointof engineer so?

Probably get points, or an extra mine or something. Can't engineers buff weapons, too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 phant0m

Brink Can Create Over 100 Quadrillion Unique Characters

:eek:

http://www.bone-idle.eu/index.php/brink-can-create-a-quadrillion-unique-characters/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

I liked at mines. It explode when you step off it lol. This will be fun.

From the vid I also got that the engineer can get rid of the mine if a team mate has already stood on it and not moved of it!

Only seen the ad on TV for this tonight...looks good!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Looks like one of those free FPS games that takes parts of unreal/BF/TF and makes it into one game.

Is there a demo?

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Is there a demo?

Pretty sure Splash Damage said there won't be, which is kinda stupid considering it's focused towards online and there's hardly any hype at all for the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

phant0m wrote: »
    Pretty sure Splash Damage said there won't be, which is kinda stupid considering it's focused towards online and there's hardly any hype at all for the game.
    Well from where I've seen on various forums, it'll probably have that cult following, akin to Warhawk, Demon's Souls and probably UT3. So it might not do well commercially, but it'll be kept alive by its loyal fanbase.

Well from where I've seen on various forums, it'll probably have that cult following, akin to Warhawk, Demon's Souls and probably UT3. So it might not do well commercially, but it'll be kept alive by its loyal fanbase.

Yeah maybe. The only problem with a game like this though, it really needs to hit the ground running (that's if it actually turns out to be good of course). Otherwise I can see online being dead within a few months. It doesn't exactly look noob friendly either so they should be doing everything they can to get people to pick it up on day 1. Those videos they've been putting up lately are great but they haven't even got them up on the marketplace ffs. It's like they're sending it out to die :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

phant0m wrote: »
    There's hardly any hype at all for the game.

Mega disagree. A huge bunch of my friends on Xbox are getting this on day 1, and it's going to be our main MP game for a few months at least

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Looks like one of those free FPS games that takes parts of unreal/BF/TF and makes it into one game.

Is there a demo?

You are so wrong... There is a chain of videos which explain gameplay. Check them out.

This game will be legendary. It will spice up my bc2 life!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

This game will be legendary. It will spice up my bc2 life!

Here is hoping the same, I see its leaked for 360 on forums already.
    I am Hopefull this one but not expecting it to be amazing after the let downs that were crysis 2 and killzone 3 mp.

Healium wrote: »
    Mega disagree. A huge bunch of my friends on Xbox are getting this on day 1, and it's going to be our main MP game for a few months at least

Yeah don't get me wrong dude, the general buzz around forums and whatnot is pretty good. It's regular Joe not getting it that I'm worried about :P

Really hope it does turn out good. I'm kind of weary of it as it seems to be focusing on MP a lot, can't see myself touching the SP (if I do get it). Hopefully this will be one of the games Sony will be giving away for free (hardly tho :))

Gamefaqs 360 forums has some feedback about the game.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960407-brink

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I'm kind of weary of it as it seems to be focusing on MP a lot, can't see myself touching the SP (if I do get it). Hopefully this will be one of the games Sony will be giving away for free (hardly tho :))

This is why sony need to get psn back online asap!

• Advertisement

This is why sony need to get psn back online asap!

Exactly. If PSN still isn't up by the time this is released, I won't be touching it and will prob wait til i'm finished LA Noire before picking it up.

Advertisement