Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I usually went to Maxizoo because their staff are usually helpful and nice and I like to be able to have a good look at things, change my mind, meander over to the bird toy section even though I don't have a bird etc. :rolleyes: I am a terrible shopper.

It's a really good idea to price check, must start doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Yay my mom is out of hospital :D Happy new year everyone!!

Edit: Cream stole her balloon! He's obsessed with it since she came home :D

Photo0010_zpsa97f2d78.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Got home from London Saturday night, picked up dogs and cats yesterday and woke this morning with a stinking cold!

Will be staying in and snuggling animals (and maybe daughter if she's good :p), no new years night out for me and all my plans of catching up with everyone out the window.

Happy New year to everyone human, furry, feathery and scaly too:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Millie hasnt managed to stay awake to ring in the new year so from herself and me, happy new year guys!

First A&PI post of 2013, hope it's a good one for all full of happiness and all good things! I love how this forum feels like a little family :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Well,I'm here with Cordelia, so Happy New Year to everyone from the both of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Happy new year everyone xx

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Good to see all of ye out partying, like myself :-)
    Happy new year to ye all!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Happy new year everyone!! This time last year we were crossing off the days on the calendar for when Bailey could go off the lead again! Can't believe how strong and straight his legs are now looking back at pics and videos of him and comparing to his daily antics now lol!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Happy New Year everyone. Got a big crate of dog bones in the butchers this evening, so we had a lovely quiet evening with everybody (5 dogs) munching away on their bones. Then one of the dogs still managed to rob a lump of apricot flavoured smelly cheese from the human plate:o. I hope there's no explosions tomorrow morning!

• Advertisement

My brain hurts from deciding which flea/wormer combo is the best value! :rolleyes::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭nala2012

Anybody who's studied dog behaviour know why my dog licks her friends face. They're both nearly 2 and have grown up together. He's not neutered she is and they play really well together but she seems to lick his face a lot. I've googled it and seen it can be a sign of submission. Thing is she seems to be the boss (if there is one) for example if they're playing with a tug toy and she growls he'll let go straight away and won't try to play with it again till she invites him. Just curious as to why she does it. He doesn't seem to mind and sometimes licks her back!

My dog does it to his friend lol! I don't know if submission is the right word for it - I think it's more appeasing - he does it when his friend gets a fright or is worried about something. One of my dog's other friends does it to him and again it'd be if my guy was after getting a fright from something.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Happy New Year API'ers....i am SEVERELY hungover boooo,but still 3 more days till i have to go back to work yaaaay :cool:!!!

anniehoo wrote: »
    Happy New Year API'ers....i am SEVERELY hungover boooo,but still 3 more days till i have to go back to work yaaaay :cool:!!!

I don't start until the 14th ;)

I was wrestling with Cream as per usual, tip his bum and he lightly claws me and play bites. I touched his hip then and he hissed really loudly and bit me so hard I have a bruise. He never hissed at me before and certainly never left any more than a few little scratches from clawing me. I think I must keep an eye on him in case he is hurt somewhere :(

It sounds like he might have hurt himself, poor boy. Can you touch his hip if he's expecting it? Like if you're rubbing him?

I was giving out about miller here a few weeks ago, at my wits end with his crying. I've changed his food and he's now eating wet food instead of dry which is fed in small portions throughout the day, then he gets one meal of raw food, usually chicken or mince. I've also been keeping him to a strict schedule. He seems more content.

He's beginning to look a bit older, everything is starting to droop. He's lost some weight off his spine and I'd like to put a bit of weight on him. If I start doing this now, will I run the risk of making him less mobile? He's 12, so I want him to be a comfortably padded older cat, I don't want to make him fat. What do you think? Just feed up for a while and see how he goes?

I gave him a good check over this morning and he doesn't seem to be hurt or anything, maybe I accidentally pulled his fur or something!

I think if you put weight onto Miller slowly it wouldn't have too much of an effect on him mobility wise, maybe you could start giving him something like sardines in oil which would be quite fatty but the oil would help with joint mobility so putting on weight wouldn't impede him too much. Cat's don't generally have a good fat covering on their spine anyway, I can feel every little ridge on both my cat's spines, Cream's more so, and they both have pudgy little bellies!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Lola has been in a foul mood over the season! She is ok now though.

Think she hates xmas as much as I do lol.

lkwUL.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

I've had 6 weeks off work for two ops. The dogs have loved it and been so well behaved :-) I don't think i'd have recovered as well without them making me laugh so much. I'm back to work on Monday, a new job, new challenge. I'm really looking forward to it but I'll miss my puppies and I think they'll miss me :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I caught Effie last night giving herself proper evils in the mirror. The hair on her back was risen and all... she just stood there, ready to pounce. But didn't bark once or even growl... just watched... patiently...

She's a freak of a dog :pac:

Some people. :rolleyes:

It's always the animals who suffer. :(

Ah lads Im ragin. There's a rescue selling purebred pups that were donated to them to raise money. Selling with papers and no neutering contract. Its just baffling.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

TillyGirl wrote: »
    Ah lads Im ragin. There's a rescue selling purebred pups that were donated to them to raise money. Selling with papers and no neutering contract. Its just baffling.

I saw that, it's beyond reproach. How they can call themselves a rescue? And the size of the grant they got as well???

In saying that it's not the first time I've heard of it. There's one fairly close to me that you hear similar stories about and I refuse to join them on fb, even though they're so local. One time I found a dead exotic bird on the beach and I asked my (good) local rescue had anybody reported one missing and it had apparently gone missing from the (not so good) one. I sent them a message, stating that I saw it, took a photo if they wanted to confirm it and heard nothing. I was worried that they didn't get the message so got a mutual friend to pass on the message again and got word back they had got it the first time so they obviously just didn't give a damn. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

TillyGirl wrote: »
    Is this in Munster by any chance? Seen a comment on fb earlier, can you pm me the link thanks.

anniehoo wrote: »
    Is this in Munster by any chance? Seen a comment on fb earlier, can you pm me the link thanks.

Have PM'd you.

Great morning for a walk :)

Dunny wrote: »
    Great morning for a walk :)

And we found a new tennis ball lol

• Advertisement

Dunny wrote: »

And we found a new tennis ball lol

We get loads out of the river! I used to give them to the other dogs in the park to play with/chomp on but have started collecting them to drop into a rescue near us once we have a good amount! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement