Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Wrapping Millie's Christmas present. Shhhhhhhhhhh... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭nala2012

My boyfriend got our cat an early christmas present of a giant scratching post its got four levels and a little house but our cat doesn't seem too keen on it. She's used the bottom part and climbed up when i've left food on it. Anyone have any tips on how to encourage her to use it? I've left it beside the radiator where she likes to sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭tk123

nala2012 wrote: »
    My boyfriend got our cat an early christmas present of a giant scratching post its got four levels and a little house but our cat doesn't seem too keen on it. She's used the bottom part and climbed up when i've left food on it. Anyone have any tips on how to encourage her to use it? I've left it beside the radiator where she likes to sleep

I used to use catnip spray to get my cat used to new things like that - think I got it in Tescos?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I agree with tk about the catnip, but I would go for dried leaves rather than the spray, its more enticing :) you can get them in most good pet shops or online!

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

Jessie's secret Santa got her a lovely bandanna and I think I'm addicted. :D I got Henry one in Maxizoo this morning but their selection was woeful. Any recommendations on where to get nice ones online?

And are bandanna addictions common?

• Advertisement

Jessie's secret Santa got her a lovely bandanna and I think I'm addicted. :D I got Henry one in Maxizoo this morning but their selection was woeful. Any recommendations on where to get nice ones online?

And are bandanna addictions common?

LOL! Yeah our cat had one ..we got the pup after he died and first shopping trip for the impending puppy and there was poor Doug's collar in dog sizes like it was a sign lol so got it for the pup...3 years on and he's always had one on! :). We got some from this ebay shop recently - http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/premier_dog_bandanas/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686 and also from http://thehandcraftbarn.co.uk/dog-bandanas.

Thanks - those are great! I'll definitely be buying a couple after Christmas.

Merry Christmas boardsies! Hope ye all have a great one and Santa Paws is good to all the pets :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Merry Christmas everybody. We've an extra mouth at the table tomorrow (well an extra mouth in the crate:D). Took in an injured foster today. A little terrier cross that was hit by a bus and has a broken pelvis:(. Bus didn't stop :eek: but a passer by did and brought him to the vets who contacted the local rescue. So he's here on crate rest, painkillers, antibiotics and tlc for the next few days.

Merry Christmas from Millie and me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Good morning!

Merry Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Happy Christmas guys!

Effie loved ripping over her pressies :D she's asleep now, she tired herself out :pac:

Millie loves her christmas present. :)

20121225112708.jpg

Happy Xmas everyone! :)

Had my first food coma after breakfast, passed out on the couch and woke up covered in cats! Was utterly hilarious this morning giving them their presents, cream licked it so much the wrapping paper melted off and peachy bunny kicked hers till the wrapping paper was in ribbons then the 2 of them got extremely stoned and cream spent the next half an hour determined to kill my bunch of flowers! Hope everyone's day is going great so far. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Got a laugh out of this post in the cycling forum.... link

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Happy Christmas everyone.

Happy Christmas, animal lovers. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭carleigh

Happy Christmas everyone! Its my first Christmas without my dog Jake. It was very quiet when we were opening our presents earlier without the excited barking and ripping of paper, but he was here in spirit :) We miss you Jakey x

My 2 came up to the kennel with me earlier so are wrecked. They are full of turkey bits and veggies and panned out in front of the fire on a duvet. Pair of little fat auldfellas :)

Dinner will be ready in about an hour then we'll drag ourselves out for another walk.

I don't mind cooking Christmas dinner (although if I think too much about it I feel sorry for the turkeys) but I hate all the tidying that goes along with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Lola has taken a liking to raw(sliced) carrotts, is it ok to give her them

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭sotisme

Dunny wrote: »
    Lola has taken a liking to raw(sliced) carrotts, is it ok to give her them

Yeah, they're a healthy treat and especially good for their teeth:)

Spend my stephens day lookimg after my sick mammy, ended up having to bring her into A&E where she is currently in surgery for appendicitis. Gonna be a long night in this house sitting up worrying! Again, cats new there was something wrong, Peach didn't leave her side for the day, it was so sweet. Cream is now wandering the house meowing looking for her :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Spend my stephens day lookimg after my sick mammy, ended up having to bring her into A&E where she is currently in surgery for appendicitis. Gonna be a long night in this house sitting up worrying! Again, cats new there was something wrong, Peach didn't leave her side for the day, it was so sweet. Cream is now wandering the house meowing looking for her :(
    Oh dear, hope she's ok! Missing all the animals here, can't wait to get home, some family are a pain in the arse!

Hope your Mum is ok Silly.

Poor Bailey was chased by shrieking kids earlier - he was afraid of his life!! Ran to my friend's husband to save him lol - the other dogs had already run away!

Hows your mother today Sillymango?

I'm just out from visiting her now, the surgery went well thank god so she's just sore and groggy, will have to be in for a few days as she has a drain in but shes over the worst of it :)

I'm just out from visiting her now, the surgery went well thank god so she's just sore and groggy, will have to be in for a few days as she has a drain in but shes over the worst of it :)

:( I had a drain in my neck when I had my thyroid op... It's a bit gross having a container/bag of goo clipped to you and carrying it to the loo etc but it makes a huge difference for swelling and brushing and healing the wound. The second mine came out I asked to go home lol! :p

Had horrible customer service in MaxiZoo yesterday :mad:

zooplus or amazon from now on I think!

• Advertisement

Whispered wrote: »
    Had horrible customer service in MaxiZoo yesterday :mad:

zooplus or amazon from now on I think!

I always price check everything in there with zooplus before I buy... and usually leave empty handed lol!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement