Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Why are cats so stupid!?

Not stupid, their too smart for their own good! Well sometimes. :rolleyes: My lady has awful teeth, had them cleaned a few weeks ago so trying to keep them clean now. I'v tried every single brand of toothpaste and she treats it as if I'm trying to poison her. Will tolerate a little bit of brushing in the form of play with the toothbrush and chew on it, as for toothpaste I have to smear it on her paw and hope she licks it off. I try to use plaque off but she's not too fond of it in her food. Spent €35 on buying expensive brands of toothpaste and dental stuff for the pair of them and both of them think I'm trying to poison them. :rolleyes: Might start a thread on getting a dog used to brushing actually, the cats a lost cause.

The neighbours bitch is in heat again. :rolleyes: Charlie obviously has never had the news broken to him that he's neutered. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Me and cats are walled up in my room while the painters are in and the 3 of us are going stir crazy! Cream started to stalk Peach, gave out to him as usual but he attacked her and there was fur flying. I feel so bad but I grabbed him by the scruff and put him the cat carrier for a half hour. I actually feel so guilty now because it's not his fault he's bored :(

Lots of treats for Cream tonight when we eventually get out of this bedroom!

Edit: all seems to be forgiven, hes tucked up under my knees under the duvet purring his little heart out. I hate getting cross with him, I always feel so guilty as he is such a baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Got Russ some pigs ears from the pet shop to pass a few hours. Oh he loves it!
    Got sick of him pulling clothes off the line so got revenge, hung a hurling sock on the line and he passed hours trying to pull it down! Know what to do if I'm, ever going away now :)

I love food order day, not sure why as there's never anything for me. That's all for 1 cat, honestly she eats better than I do, in the bags there's 3 quails and 2 chicken breasts chopped and bagged with 1 quail yet to chop up.

Also spot the cheeky little nose having a sniff! :D

img2100ft.jpg

There's also something seriously wrong that when she was sitting beside me as I was chopping up the meat, instead of trying to steal meat off the plate she was trying to eat the little rose bush on the windowsill. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Is that all from zoo plus? I hope you're on the loyalty scheme lol! Luckily the barf/raw change has worked out really well for us especially since it's €20 a month and I'm now jobless!

tk123 wrote: »
    Is that all from zoo plus? I hope you're on the loyalty scheme lol! Luckily the barf/raw change has worked out really well for us especially since it's €20 a month and I'm now jobless!

All except the meat is. No I keep meaning to look into that loyalty scheme and do a few calculations to see is it worth it, I always seem to be in a rush or strapped for cash everytime I order and just skip over that part. That's another thing I keep meaning to ask my butcher about, if he could give me a supply of meats for a reasonable price I'd try it. Worked out he only needs 1.6kg of stuff a week so that's nothing!

Had a wee bit of a scary experience this evening, came home after being out for a couple of hours and the 2 cats were sleeping peacefully but the second Peach woke up she had a ''sneeze-ure''. It was literally about 40 solid seconds of sneezing. She didn't even have a chance to take a breath between each sneeze. I actually thought she might die from it, I was just sending my Mom out to ring the vets immediately when I spotted a teeny tiny bit of grass at the end of her nose. I thought it was too small to be causing this but I pinned her down (she was quite panicked) and pulled at the piece of grass. When it came out, it was the length of my thumb!

I have no idea how the hell it got so far up her nose, it really is mystifying as she wouldn't have had any access to grass while I was out. She's okay now though, sleeping off the experience on my lap, waking up for the odd sneeze every now and again. Poor divil!

Blackie is throwing a tantrum tonight, he's not allowed into the bedroom. Thankfully he's a good little cat and doesn't rip up the furniture or carpets, but my little soft toy penguin is getting it. My fella banned him from the room tonight cause in his words "I'm fed up of waking up with a vibrating furry hat".

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Went for a little day trip here today, tucked away in quiet little corner of the grounds amongst the trees and bluebells we accidentally stumbled on a little pet cemetery with a neat little row of gravel covered cat and dog sized graves with little marble headstones. Que dozens of questions from the kids as to what happened to them and if anyone can bring their cats and dogs there when they die. Now I can't decide if it's something I would want in my own garden or not. Don't think I'd like the constant reminder (or expense). Think I'll stick to my current method of marking the spot with a nice plant or a bird house.

• Advertisement

Just turned 20.. am I too young to have a midlife crisis?! My cats bought me a lovely Walrus :D

Just turned 20.. am I too young to have a midlife crisis?! My cats bought me a lovely Walrus :D

Today? Happy birthday!! Hopefully a stuffed one?!?!

Half an hour ago :P Yeah it's a stuffed one, one of the 'blue nose friends'. Although I don't think the cats picked it themselves, they are quite suspicious of it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Happy Birthday!

(20 - pfffft, sure you're only a young'un)

Whispered wrote: »
    Happy Birthday!

(20 - pfffft, sure you're only a young'un)

Thanks :D Halfway to 40, starting to panic :P Exams tomorrow don't help :pac::pac:

Thanks :D Halfway to 40, starting to panic :P Exams tomorrow don't help :pac::pac:

Me too, that's why I'm awake at this hour dosed to the eyeballs with coffee! Only 1 exam this semester but reproduction, endocrinology, dentistry, haematology and immunology are on it. :eek: Good luck tomorrow and hopefully you can celebrate properly afterwards! :D

Zapperzy wrote: »
    Me too, that's why I'm awake at this hour dosed to the eyeballs with coffee! Only 1 exam this semester but reproduction, endocrinology, dentistry, haematology and immunology are on it. :eek: Good luck tomorrow and hopefully you can celebrate properly afterwards! :D

My god thats a lot for one exam! General nursing or something like that? Mine tomorrow is Diagnostic imaging, hopefully it will be okay, can't study though I'm too distracted by all the birthday messages on facebook :D Best of luck in your exam :)

My god thats a lot for one exam! General nursing or something like that? Mine tomorrow is Diagnostic imaging, hopefully it will be okay, can't study though I'm too distracted by all the birthday messages on facebook :D Best of luck in your exam :)

Aye, veterinary nursing 3 it's called for us. I love diagnostic imaging, well the radiography part anyways, we done it before xmas. Log out then! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Happy birthday Sillymangox, best of luck in the exams to you and zapperzy!

I bought some plants for the garden last week, some pretty grasses too, bloody cat keeps munching on them!
    €5 each and he's chomping on them:eek:
    Loads of grass in the lawn but no he ignores that:(

Happy Birthday SillyMango and good luck to both of you in your exams!! Mymo have you tried planting some cat grass for him - I used to get the seeds on ebay and our cat (RIP :() LOVED it!

• Advertisement

Bang goes the theory on BBC1 has a feature on dog intelligence and the human/dog bond at the moment, very interesting!

Had some cat grass in a pot before TK and they ignored it!
    Have to create a blockade around my veggies too or the dogs will steal them all:o
    I also have a large patch of dandelions for the rats, they love them, and some wild flowers for insects.
    My garden takes some explaining to visitors:p

Damn, missed the doggy thing on bbc, would like to have seen that, we often call Oliver a silly boy and wonder about his intelligence, but other times we think it may be a cunning ploy, to fool us into a false sense of security.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

Just wanted to wish the Irish team the best of luck as they head of to Belgium today to take part in the world agility open championship at the weekend.

A special good luck on here to Too Many Dogs as she has a dog currently on the ferry heading off and I know she is missing him loads :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

Very best of luck to the team, and yep I'm missing my Little Dude! He'll do me proud though. Thanks x

Oh wow, best of luck to little dude and all the rest of the team, don't suppose they'll be any tv coverage?
    Anywhere online we can see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

It'll be on www.agilityvision.com but it's €20, I have my subscription ready to go!

Best of luck to him I'm sure he'l do you proud!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭candle_wax

Zapperzy wrote: »
    Bang goes the theory on BBC1 has a feature on dog intelligence and the human/dog bond at the moment, very interesting!

BBC3 has a programme on tonight that looks interesting - Don't Blame The Dog (9pm). I think it was a series, but just noticed it in today's listings.
    "Two pet owners spend a week in Alaska with dogs that race sleds and prepare for a competitions on the frozen Yukon river"

Opinions pls :D..We got a Julius-K9 harness the other week..I had been stuck choosing between an ezydog one and the Julius and went for the ezydog which is great...but then Maxizoo went and stocked the Julius and I decided it was much better!! The grabbing handle is more substantial and the straps are twice as wide as the other harnesses he's had and better for us all around... ANYHOOS would it be lame to have a custom label made up with BAILEY or BAILEY BOY on it. I'm tired of people asking his name or thinking he's a girl lol!! An old man asked me was his name Julius the other day lol!! :D

• Advertisement

Definitely get a custom!!! That would be so cute :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement