Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭tk123

He's so shy around people sometimes but once they say hello to him and say his name he warms up to them so I'm thinking it might help with that too lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

tk123 wrote: »
    Opinions pls :D..We got a Julius-K9 harness the other week..I had been stuck choosing between an ezydog one and the Julius and went for the ezydog which is great...but then Maxizoo went and stocked the Julius and I decided it was much better!! The grabbing handle is more substantial and the straps are twice as wide as the other harnesses he's had and better for us all around... ANYHOOS would it be lame to have a custom label made up with BAILEY or BAILEY BOY on it. I'm tired of people asking his name or thinking he's a girl lol!! An old man asked me was his name Julius the other day lol!! :D

This one? http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/dogs/dog_collars_dog_leads/harnesses/harnesses/194483 Go for it, maybe just Bailey though, in blue writing if possible!
    I'd love to get a new harness for himself, I'd love either this one http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/dogs/dog_collars_dog_leads/harnesses/harnesses/190970 or this one http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/dogs/dog_collars_dog_leads/harnesses/harnesses/129593 I think the blue would look really nice on him, always said red was his colour but I think blue would suit him too! :p He's had the same harness nearly 4 years now so I think he deserves a change.

And just to add a photo of his multifunctional harness
    img2034c.jpg

I must look into getting a backpack for him, for now though tying the bags to his harness works a treat! :p

If there's a Maxi Zoo near you Zapp they sell loads of the same stuff as zooplus - I've seen that Norwegian one there. They're usually dearer thou - I compare prices on my phone and if there's more than a few quid difference I order online lol :D

Here's bratface modelling the harness last week. I'll keep the white glow in the dark colour writing I think if I do get the custom one.

205415.jpg

Nearest one is longford I think, been in it a few times every time I pass by, I'm like a child in a toy shop when I get into it! :p

I must say he does a good job of modelling, the brown muddy legs really bring out the blue colour. Didn't know the writing was glow in the dark!

Luckily there's a lake in that park too so I can get him in after his mud bath and he comes out clean! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Hmmm TK were you at the pet expo last year? Bailey looks very familiar.. did he happen to give a little extra 'demo' at the DTI demo? :P

Has anyone else got a cat obsessed with butter? She's sitting beside me licking the corners of toast I left behind and regularly jumps up on the counter to lick a buttery knife. :rolleyes:

Rescue cat Blackie... is lying on his back with his legs in the air and farting like something crawled up there and died. :(
    Semi-wild my ass.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Just took the dogs out for their before bed-time pee and there's some sort of constant weird screechy noise going on somewhere in the distance. The ponies are all worked up, can hear them milling about and there are dogs barking everywhere! :eek:

Zapperzy wrote: »
    Has anyone else got a cat obsessed with butter? She's sitting beside me licking the corners of toast I left behind and regularly jumps up on the counter to lick a buttery knife. :rolleyes:

My 2 LOVE butter - in fact a bit of butter got Cream back meowing this evening :D
    If I'm giving them tablets I let them have a bit of butter first to lubricate their throats and let the pill go down easier. They are such angels at taking tablets anyway, but every little helps :)

• Advertisement

Just took the dogs out for their before bed-time pee and there's some sort of constant weird screechy noise going on somewhere in the distance. The ponies are all worked up, can hear them milling about and there are dogs barking everywhere! :eek:

Wailing banshee maybe? :eek:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Wailing banshee maybe? :eek:

T'was definitely a mechanical sound :D, like something stuck in a cog that's trying to turn is the best way I can describe it.

T'was definitely a mechanical sound :D, like something stuck in a cog that's trying to turn is the best way I can describe it.

Well unless you've anywhere around you operating machinery this time of night I think I'd prefer the wailing banshee! :eek:

Well unless you've anywhere around you operating machinery this time of night I think I'd prefer the wailing banshee! :eek:

I live in an area with an overpopulation of dairy farms ;)

I live in an area with an overpopulation of dairy farms ;)

That's good, I think my imagination would run away with me if I heard that living in the middle of nowhere with nobody about. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Yes I have a cat who loves butter, and runs to the kitchen SCREAMING when bread or toast is being buttered.

I would much prefer a mechanical sound than a banshee! Scary things they are. :)

Well at least if it was a wailing banshee sound you could blame it on cats in heat howling! Who knew butter was so addictive!

Love this ad, and the original Harvey ad.

Well at least if it was a wailing banshee sound you could blame it on cats in heat howling!

Not if the people who are with you can't hear it, even though to you it's really REALLY loud. :eek:

Whispered wrote: »
    Not if the people who are with you can't hear it, even though to you it's really REALLY loud. :eek:

You sound like your speaking from experience? :eek:

My parents live in the middle of nowhere and I used to hear a noise like a baby crying outside - like right under - my bedroom window. I always talked myself around "it's a fox" or "it's a cat". Then on 2 seperate occasions I had friends over, and they couldn't hear it. Even though I could hear very clearly.

I moved out at 16, my sister (who hadn't been told about this in case of scaring her, she's a good bit younger than me) took my room and within days was complaining that something was under the window crying.

I would be totally sure it was an animal, only for the fact that on 2 occasions, 2 different people were there with me when I could plainly hear it and they couldn't.

• Advertisement

Awww I love the Harvey ads :) that one remind me of when my Mom tried to throw out my blankey... 20 years old and I still have it :D

I think I'd prefer the mechanical noise now! That's terrifying! I can't even watch mildly spooky films, the last horror film I watched about 6 years ago (the grudge) still haunts me. Even when ads for scary films on telly comes on I have to switch channel, I was cursing rte about 2 months ago when they had ads for the exorcism on at every second break.

I think I'd prefer the mechanical noise now! That's terrifying! I can't even watch mildly spooky films, the last horror film I watched about 6 years ago (the grudge) still haunts me. Even when ads for scary films on telly comes on I have to switch channel, I was cursing rte about 2 months ago when they had ads for the exorcism on at every second break.

Never watched paranormal activities then??:P I watched that in the cinema with my friends, went back to her house (really creaky old scary 3 floor house), all went off to bed in seperate rooms. 5 minutes later we heard a huge crash - safe to say we slept in a pile in their sitting room, scared and sniviling :D

Awww I love the Harvey ads :) that one remind me of when my Mom tried to throw out my blankey... 20 years old and I still have it :D

I still have a manky old towel that's 20+ years old too that I still use for drying my hair in, mums mortified when I bring it anywhere, it used to be blue but it's been washed so many times it's white with massive holes in it and mostly threadbare, I bet she's dying to throw it out too! Then there's my little monkey teddy that I still have, lost it on a bus one time when I was little, he looks a little bit like rabbit, worn around the edges!

I'm the same! I watch horrors by looking at the back of a cushion and asking whoever I'm with what's happening. My poor husband HATES watching them with me.

My worse one was "the ring" even saying the name makes me feel uneasy. :o And she's still the one character who I think of when I'm feeling spooked for whatever reason.

The grudge was bad too. Pale, dark haired girls are spooky!

(runs away from mirror)

Never watched paranormal activities then??:P I watched that in the cinema with my friends, went back to her house (really creaky old scary 3 floor house), all went off to bed in seperate rooms. 5 minutes later we heard a huge crash - safe to say we slept in a pile in their sitting room, scared and sniviling :D

Not a hope! I wouldn't sleep properly for months and I'd never live on my own again! Never understood the attraction to horror films, why pay to be terrified for 2 hours when you can watch something soppy and romantic!

What was the crash?

Everyone knows horror films are banned while I'm under the same roof! :p I'd have to wear earplugs while looking at the back of a cushion! Seen the lucky one in the cinema this week, now that's more my idea of a good film, bit of a crappy and predictable storyline but nice view throughout!

Whispered wrote: »
    What was the crash?

A dog (we think) knocked over the bin outside :D It was really windy so when the bin was on it's side the lid kept bashing off the wall! (we only discovered this in the morning after getting absolutely no sleep!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Seb_bixby

Scary films are a big no no in my house aswell. Just can't do them, I won't sleep at all otherwise! Same with the ads for scary films. Esp zombies for some reason. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

On the plus side. love the Harvey ads so much. Reminds me of Hershey and his pig. Loves it. Tries to take it everywhere with him!! :) If you say to him "Wheres pigger??" He goes and gets it. Mank dirty now too and needs a wash. :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement