Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

Flint was a year old yesterday, brought to the vets for his booster and a medical. Teeth are good, ears clean, nails ok, coat good and healthy and heart beating good and strong. He is coming on very well. His recall is very good and dropping on the whistle. Has taken to water like a duck and he is quartering.
    To say he is spoilt more than any dog I have ever had would be an understatement. He rules the roost and hopefully will have a long and healthy life.
    His first day
    img1706n.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

How long more do you think you will have Phoenix for Whispered? He is the coolest little fellow and obviously loves his treats:). you will need to stack up on tissues and chocolate for the day he goes;)

Homerhop Flint is a really nice dog too. He is a springer is he? do you have any pics of him now at a year old?

we have one very sad girl here. her cone collar had to be brought down from the attic:( she has a canine lick granuloma and can not leave it be. She hates that collar but I have no option or she will eat the leg off herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

Whispered Phoe looks so happy in the video :D

Another failed fosterer in the making maybe.

My one out the back, teddy in mouth as usual, sitting waiting patiently
    for anything to fly over her "Domain" then teddy normally gets it ..

Oh its a dogs life sometimes .

Snow for next week anyone ???

PPink have you tried any of those inflatable collars? my sisters dog had the same complaint and this was her solution .

Minxie do those collars inflate very large. Are they ok to leave on at night?
    I tried putting a collar made of cardboard around her neck(as a trial) but she can still reach her back paw. she is lying here beside me now and her back paw is only a few inches from her mouth-hard to explain but she is fairly flexible and bringing paw to mouth is not an issue as opposed to mouth to paw.
    Am I explaining that well at all:confused::p

Hey PPink

Well my sister had a lab who had nearly licked right
    through to the bone, none of the standard collars worked so I had read on here somewhere about the inflatable ones.,

I got this off Amazon for her ;

http://www.amazon.com/KONG-Cloud-Collar-Collar-Medium/dp/B0045Y1JG6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1299671024&sr=8-1-spell

Not another peep from the lab, wound cleared up in a week too !!
    She left in on overnight- Result one happy hound !! :D

Heres one on the uk site ;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Comfy-Collar-Alternative-Elizabethan-Size/dp/B001K2JSMS/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

NOT ringworm - whew! Dermatitis around her eye, on antibiotics and cream for a week. Today it's looking a bit crusty and her eye is a bit bald but because she has a black coat and black skin it's not too noticeable - not that anyone actually cares :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

minxie wrote: »
    Snow for next week anyone ???

It's snowing and I need someone to blame for it! I nominate you on the basis that you made it come with your psychic abilities :p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

So you know that my lot love eating seaweed - masses of it. So my eldest is on her walk & her tummy starts to heave. Up comes a lump of undigested seaweed but this lump starts moving. To her amazement & mine a small crab crawls out of the vomit apparently unharmed - must of tickled :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Thanks to my early rising 6 days a week my pets all woke me this morning at 6.15, really wish they'd get the idea about Sundays.
    So now I'm wondering what to do today, maybe the beach again.

Discodog, that is amazing and disgusting, but thats dogs for you!
    Mine just like to roll on the seaweed mostly, or anything else smelly.

ppink wrote: »
    Homerhop Flint is a really nice dog too. He is a springer is he? do you have any pics of him now at a year old?.

He is indeed a springer ppink.
    Some photos taken on Saturday out for his run.

IMG_4327.jpg

IMG_4336.jpg

IMG_4348.jpg

IMG_4357.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

The dirtier the dog the better the walk! I love the before and after pics.

Ya we went along the edge of the wood where there used to be a natural pond that the land owner is back filling. Flushed 4 pheasants and it just made him want to stay in the sniffing around where the birds were laying up.He stank to high heavens, was straight into the shower with him when we got home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Don't ya love three day work weeks :D

Not so keen on getting five days worth of work done in the three days though :(

Anyone have any plans for Paddys Day?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

TillyGirl wrote: »
    Don't ya love three day work weeks :D
    Anyone have any plans for Paddys Day?

Dog show in aid of charity I think :), If I can battle my way through the parade crowds that is as it starts at the same time :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

I'm feeling pretty chilled at the moment. Took two dogs out for a mush on the beach in the dark, was lovely, could almost imagine we were in the middle of nowhere on the snow.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Okkkkk..ive given in to the Chillout Zone *sigh* Ill admit when im wrong :o

Its been one of those days and to be honest,weeks, where ive gone "WTF??!!" far too many times.Ive realised how very very lucky i am and not to sweat the small things. I have some friends and family goin through awful things right now :( and hearing about it and not being able to help is just awful. Im just very grateful for right now and not having major worries tbh.

Im petsitting these cuties until sunday and they're just hilarious. Im so glad Beanie (resident cat) is so forgiving of my bed and breakfast buddies :D

But....they're feckin heartbreakers.They've torn up my bedroom carpet,broke a candle holder and put a few hundred extra holes in my very expensive white leather couch and they're only here until sunday :eek: Sure what can ya do......it makes for cute pics!!They're in Beanies bed delighted with themselves by the way as ya can see....and still using the API Secret Santa fleece pressie :D

041jf.jpg

homerhop wrote: »
    He is indeed a springer ppink.
    Some photos taken on Saturday out for his run.

IMG_4357.jpg

I love this pic! he is a lovely dog Homer, looks like he has got it all sussed;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Gus is good at the moment, being a dog, doing his thang, chilling out. Except last night when I went into the garden with him at 10pm for a pre-bedtime game of zoomies. Did that for 20 mins, then left him out there for another 15 so he'd pee and calm down a bit, then went to bring him in and in the 15 minutes he'd found a bag of blood-n-bone fertiliser that I'd left out in the rain and which STANK, and ripped it open, threw it over the garden (which now stinks) and ROLLED IN IT.

So I had to wash my dog at 11pm.

Why do they always find the smelliest things to roll in ha ha .. :D

minxie wrote: »
    Why do they always find the smelliest things to roll in ha ha .. :D

A rotten birds egg was the worst I've had :mad:. I was sure my stomach was going to win in the battle between me and it in deciding whether my lunch was staying in there or not, I was gagging the whole way through giving her a bath, after which a second one was needed :(

• Advertisement

We're trying to find something to do tomorrow with the 2 dogs. We were thinking of going camping but it's to be -3 tomorrow night. OK for us with our quilts but too chilly for the two boys.

Might just have to go for a long walk up the mountains, or we might try to find a quiet beach somewhere. I can't imagine Phoe would enjoy the beach very much though, frosty little soul. The only reason it's even crossed my mind is because of ISDW's post earlier about mushing on the beach. Sounds very relaxing!!

Whispered wrote: »
    Me too; I came down the stairs to find a drunken man attempting to subdue Harley with an alpha roll. There were a nice few rows that night. frown.gif

Wow care to explain :D. And here was me imagining a woman of faultless virtue ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Daisy!

I got my JRT a Kong today. I brought it home at 4.30 and 5 hours on he's still messing around with it. Best thing ever!!! I should have got one of these ages ago!

Discodog wrote: »
    Wow care to explain :D. And here was me imagining a woman of faultless virtue ;)

I'd thank you to not imagine my virtue! :eek:

A friend of my husbands, while husband drunkenly tried to make food, said friend was making himself at home by "teaching the dog manners". I heard it from the bedroom, thundered down the stairs like a woman possessed and had a ripping row with both of them.

Daisy - they're a gift aren't they. Brilliant invention. Apparently the inventor had a very hard time getting them into shops. How much easier they've made life!

Discodog wrote: »

We have a not-animally off-topic/ feedback/ antagonising of mods and other posters / sexual innuendo thread here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055469893&page=20

:p

Whispered wrote: »
    I'd thank you to not imagine my virtue! :eek:
    We have a sexual innuendo thread here
    :p

I apologise. It is March & my ASH calendar is on "that" page - it must of corrupted my normally pure mind :D.

Btw maybe we should have a sexual innuendo thread - I'll get my coat :p

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭serenacat

My cat had a catnip trip it was very entertaining but he is now bored of the stuff.

There is a rocky cove that becomes dry & reveals a big area of normally hidden sand. This only happens on a few days per year when the spring tide & full moon coincide. It's rather magical as an area of seabed, that is normally hidden, appears. On even fewer days this happens at a weekend & not during work hours - today was one of those days.

Absolute heaven to watch a pup chasing a Greyhound & then her chasing him - he pulls his bum in as he runs, like a Top & Jerry cartoon. She will let him chase her & even get close but they she lengthens her stride & leaves him for dust.

After loads of chasing in the waves & lots of puppy barking, all three are now shattered - utter bliss :D

It's little Phoenix's first birthday today. :D

aaaaah he's a little year old.

• Advertisement

Thought I'd have a go at attempting to train my dog recall on a whistle. So I had this whistle in one pocket and a bag of treats in the other all day around the house blowing the whistle and giving her a treat when she comes and she responded great to it :D.

However . . .

I left the whistle down on the coffee table and she discovered it and ran off with it and tried to figure out how it worked, pawing at it, staring at it and picking it up and leaving it down, everytime I tried to take it from her she ran off again and wasn't up for trading it for anything either. Eventually she gave up trying to make it work and came back and dropped it in my hand and sat looking at me and crying until she got fed up with that and then jumped on me trying to stick her nose in the treats pocket :rolleyes: Ruddy dog is smarter than I am :pac::pac::pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement