Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Yeah I'd leave them with just the bones :) they should be grand if they're meaty enough. I don't think it does any harm to vary meal amounts anyway (unless you've been advised otherwise by a vet. )

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I think we're going to need a bigger boat .....:D

Benno arrived here exactly four weeks ago. Since then he has grown by 6kg and 12 cm at the shoulders ...which makes him 57cm tall at the front/60 cm at the back and 25,2 kg overall ...and he's not even four months old yet ...

What have we done ? :rolleyes::eek::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Oh he's fabulous!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

A bit random, but TK I had a dream last night that I was working in a pet shop and Bailey wandered in and became my buddy for the day before you came in and got him, I have absolutely no idea where that came out of :pac: :pac:

A bit random, but TK I had a dream last night that I was working in a pet shop and Bailey wandered in and became my buddy for the day before you came in and got him, I have absolutely no idea where that came out of :pac: :pac:

You're welcome to babysit any time lol! :p

• Advertisement

Phoe is sick and in the vet and Harley is really missing him. I'm shattered and I really want to sleep but feel bad leaving him. If I bring him up to bed he's gonna spend the night whining for his brother. :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Whispered wrote: »
    Phoe is sick and in the vet and Harley is really missing him. I'm shattered and I really want to sleep but feel bad leaving him. If I bring him up to bed he's gonna spend the night whining for his brother. :(

I read in the other thread that poor Phoe isn't well :(
    I really hope he's going to be okay, make sure to tell him we're all rooting for him :o

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Tea Tree

I'm wondering how my dogs will react tomorrow having not seen me for 2 weeks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Tea Tree wrote: »
    I'm wondering how my dogs will react tomorrow having not seen me for 2 weeks :)

They'll pee themselves :-)

• Advertisement

toadfly wrote: »

:D:D i've considered that... especially the boy dog as he is of a rather nervous disposition! I've suggested to my OH that maybe he should have them in the garden when we arrive home rather than in the house :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I think that's a good plan :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

Alli has entered the dreaded "adolescent teenage" puppy phase! She refused to come back when called today, pulls on the lead (although my dad allows her to do this :mad: ) and jumps all over everyone (other family members let her do this) - I'm a 5ft 5 woman and she can jump more than my height so that's a huge problem ! I went through this with Frankie and he grew out of it with training so I know she will too, hopefully sooner than he did! He was 33KG whereas she's only 14KG so the others don't see it as being as big a problem. Lots and lots of re-training to be done over the next few weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Cinnamon figured out how to open the back door today :eek: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

We ran out of Bozita a few days ago and the cats are constantly hungry on the Whiskas tins. We're only buying it as Poppy won't eat any other brands other than Bozita or Whiskas. The boys are fine with pretty much any brand. Is anyone else's Zooplus delivery times getting longer? I used to get our order within 3 or 4 days from Ireland/Uk but now it's a minimum of 5 and often 6/7 days before it arrives. Also DHL aren't updating their tracking info. Mine was last updated on Tuesday, kind of defeats the purpose of tracking.

toadfly wrote: »

well nobody peed ;) . they were very happy to see me but to be honest I don't the reaction was really all that more extreme than if i'd just been out to the shop:pac: They were still at home with my OH in my absence though so the routine didnt really change for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Tea Tree wrote: »
    well nobody peed ;) . they were very happy to see me but to be honest I don't the reaction was really all that more extreme than if i'd just been out to the shop:pac: They were still at home with my OH in my absence though so the routine didnt really change for them.

The last trip I took on my own when the dogs stayed with the OH was nearly 3 years ago now. I was only away for a couple of days, but they were so used to me feeding and walking them they weren't sure what was happening when he tried to load them into the car to bring them for a walk. They eyed him very suspiciously and were convinced they were going somewhere bad - like the vets! But were overjoyed when they arrived at the beach and they got to go for their walk! He's a lot more involved in their routine now though, I think he was slightly embarrassed that he was an "absent" parent!

The last trip I took on my own when the dogs stayed with the OH was nearly 3 years ago now. I was only away for a couple of days, but they were so used to me feeding and walking them they weren't sure what was happening when he tried to load them into the car to bring them for a walk. They eyed him very suspiciously and were convinced they were going somewhere bad - like the vets! But were overjoyed when they arrived at the beach and they got to go for their walk! He's a lot more involved in their routine now though, I think he was slightly embarrassed that he was an "absent" parent!

It's funny.. with me gone the routine here started very well with long walks in the woods everyday over the first week. Then OH put his back out so couldnt really walk them far but because it also meant he worked from home which they were delighted with. They're used to me being home with them. He only really saw a difference in them on the last few days when he had to go back into work. So I conclude that to them (at least in the short term) company> exercise. They'll get back to the woods tomorrow so the best of both again:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

We ran out of Bozita a few days ago and the cats are constantly hungry on the Whiskas tins. We're only buying it as Poppy won't eat any other brands other than Bozita or Whiskas. The boys are fine with pretty much any brand. Is anyone else's Zooplus delivery times getting longer? I used to get our order within 3 or 4 days from Ireland/Uk but now it's a minimum of 5 and often 6/7 days before it arrives. Also DHL aren't updating their tracking info. Mine was last updated on Tuesday, kind of defeats the purpose of tracking.

Mine was actually faster this time, might be worth calling though, zooplus messed up my address a couple of times and it delays the parcel a few days.

Nothing like the happiness of dogs we you get home after a break!

Daughter is off for two weeks at a course, I know she'll call home often....

To check on the animals!

We went for a walk early this morning at about 9:30..which is a 3 hour delay for us lol - my friend is away and I couldn't really take Lucy (think she's finished the heat but playing it safe) anywhere good so we just did our circuit around the area that takes about 50 mins... The dogs have been whacked out all day snoozing. The usual time I'd walk them came and they were fast asleep so I wasn't sure if I should take them out and left it. Of course now I sit down for the evening and they both wake up!! The last few months I've gotten a bit lazy with them especially when its warm. If they're asleep why wake them up to drag them along on a walk I ask myself...then a couple of hours later feel guilty for not walking them! Lucy for example will NOT walk if she doesn't want to and I end up pulling her along for at least half the walk - i think pulling a stubborn dog along is as exhausting as a dog pulling you lol!! :p There's been times where she'll stop at the grass at the side of the road and I assume she's going to wee/poo... then she lies down to have a rest!!
    .....Now Lucy is gone back asleep and Bailey is half asleep half keeping an eye out to see what's going on...!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Tk, I know what you mean.
    My bitch doesn't want to walk if it's raining, she hangs back so I have to coax her along, head down shivering and flinching at the pain of every rain drop touching her!
    It's exhausting.
    Now I just leave her home if she won't come out the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

mymo wrote: »
    Tk, I know what you mean.
    My bitch doesn't want to walk if it's raining, she hangs back so I have to coax her along, head down shivering and flinching at the pain of every rain drop touching her!
    It's exhausting.
    Now I just leave her home if she won't come out the door.

Poppy is just like that, she destests the rain. Trying to even get her into the yard to wee is a challenge, she looks at us like we're asking get to jump in a volcano!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Just went out to the boilerhouse and the swallows are on their second batch of chicks, a nest just hatched today but on the ground was an almost complete egg with just a tiny, tiny beak poking out, it must have tried to hatch but it obviously didn't make it and got tossed out of the nest :(. I've brought it in and was taking little bits off the shell to have a look at the teeny tiny bird body, it's very sad.

It's not the rain - if we pass the gates of the park it's like she's decided it's not worth walking lol!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

Feeling of the day: arrrrrrrrrrrghhh!

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

Alli was with me in the pet shop this morning for the first time buying dog and cat food, a journey that usually takes about ten minutes with Moone alone turned Into 40 minutes with Alli! She had to say hi to all the staff and customers! She was really good and didn't jump on anybody, just barked at the fish :pac:

My little cousins are entering Alli and Moone Into a fun dog show tomorrow, it'll be alli's first and Moones third show. Hopefully they win and get 15kg bags of food as prizes, save me a few pennies for a few weeks :pac:

OMG Bailey is driving us mad whinging that Lucy is in his way!! She likes to lie in the doorway and he won't walk past her so cries to us instead!We end up having to slide her out of his way because she won't move - she'll lift her head up to see what we want then plonks back down asleep!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well Alli didn't win unfortunately , but she was on her best behaviour :) moone won two prizes, happy days :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Felix caught a mouse in the early hours. He doesn't usually bother with hunting so it was a bit of a shock. Thankfully Mr P was still up watching tv and he got it off him and put it out. The thing with Felix is that he just holds what he catches in his mouth, doesn't bite them and once he's shown us what he caught he puts it on the floor and looks bored:) I've never heard such intense and urgent meows as the ones he was making calling us to show us his mouse:D

• Advertisement

Just went out to the shed to bring in alli's crate and saw a huge spider sitting on one of the bike seats. I googled it and it's a tegenaria spider I believe (if you're scared of spiders like me don't google it! Their frickin huge!), largest spider I've seen here. While I was freaking out at the spider , a house martin flew out from behind the light so that was a second heart attack! Still freaked out by the spider eep!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement