Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭tk123

:mad::mad::mad: Pictures of collie x puppies needing homes. Stop it, you're making my puppy broodiness worse and I'm already a nightmare to live with:DDamn menopause, damn you to Hell with your hormonal Hell. Really really want a little collie x puppy but not to be for a few years at least:(

Ah but think how much easier your life will be when the pup is herding the cats and keeping them organised lol!!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

angeldaisy wrote: »
    Where did you see those?? I'm looking for a new puppy at the minute:)
    PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

mymo wrote: »
    I just posted a pic of the kitten we caught in the pics thread, I think she's officially tame now ;)

Hope her siblings can be caught and tamed, may need a cat trap if I can't get them by the weekend.

She is adorable! I would love another kitten but after spending a few hundred euro at the Vets the other day getting my two their injections etc I think I'm okay for a while :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

tk123 wrote: »
    Ah but think how much easier your life will be when the pup is herding the cats and keeping them organised lol!!! :pac:

My collie is scared of my cats :eek:

Felix has found himself a new ambush site in the back garden. If it were any of the other 3 I'd say it was a sunbathing spot, but not with Felix. He's invisible from the kitchen door and is settled right in against the side of the others favourite snooze spot. Toby won't see him until it's too late.

• Advertisement

The amount of people I saw dragging dogs along on walks on the way home a few hours ago in the heat!!!! I'm roasting so think it must be too warm for Bailey and it's almost 8:30pm!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Totally agree with you there. Tara hasn't been for a walk for the last week or two. Instead we've been waiting till it cools down in the evening and we play ball and chase.

She's been having a ball and it's so much easier to monitor any potential overheating.
    Luckily for me this has been enough for her as it's too hot for me to be out in this weather!!

Well we've been in that park before 6:30 the last few morning so they're getting out then at least! I know who'll be there at that time so can let Lucy off without any worries of her being bothered and she can have a good run/swim. She's knocked out on the floor now ...with a nappy on lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

I swear I've seen two sheltie mixes needing homes in the past week or so and it's driving me mad.

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I have 2 new arrivals in the house.. Mojo and Winnie.. 2 beautiful guinea pigs..

Mojo is a short haired, about 7-8 months old I'd say.. and Winnie is a little long haired who's about 2-3 months old.

I have no pics yet as they are extremely shy and I'm trying to just give them some space until they settle.. so apart from cleaning the cage and feeding, I don't bother them too much.. I've noticed they are getting more relaxed though.

Mojo is very protective over Winnie which is so sweet.. he always sits back and lets little Winnie at the food first in the mornings :D

I still miss Moe so much :( but watching these 2 funny critters is good medicine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

My house and my uncle's are within the same garden, so my cats always go around with his dog and they all get on well with her but especially Dude. I knew they had a special bond because they always pal around together on their adventures around the garden, and Dude get a daily bath from the dog, but today really takes the biscuit. My uncle got up and opened his back door to let the dog out to the toilet, and after she has been out she always gets into his bed for a bit, today though when he went back into the room not only did he find the dog in the bed, but there was also a little Dude cuddled up in the bed getting a bath!! She licks him from ears to stump and he only loves it. I wonder will this little bedtime routine continue :D

I got half way through changing the bedlinen before Poppy descended and started dashing under the sheets. She and Felix love playing under the sheets but Poppy would jump around under them all night if I stood there flicking the sheet up in the air and letting it fall on her. It gave me an excuse to stop and finish it later:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

If we don't catch the kittens siblings by Sunday evening I'm going to have to rehome her alone, she's to adorable to stay much longer!

She doesn't mind dogs, even when Oliver barks and jumps around to play, runs up to you for cuddles and loves to roll around in your arms purring, and she is going to be such a beauty.

I can't afford any more pets :(

I've just seen the mangiest most terrified looking pup ever on FB. 3 young kids and they pick a westie - I give him 6 months. Actually no he'll probably just become a garden ornament! I have family members who've never had to put a pet to sleep or have them die - they just get rid of them when something happens and then slagging me saying I baby my 2! :mad:

Anyways rant over! Lucy is feeling sorry for herself today - lying or sitting staring into space in the garden (supervised of course). I'm convinced she's saving her wee for marking when she goes out. This morning nothing until we got to the park around 6:45 and then nothing all day until just before I got home at 6!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Overheard my OH telling Roisin to finish her food or she wouldn't grow big and strong and go to the Olympics :pac:

Max is madly in love with Cinnamon, noticed lately that he just stares lovingly at her whenever she's in the same room as him. She's no interest though, she's a contrary wee cat, likes to pretend he doesn't exist... Although she was mad about him when he was a stray who lived outside!

1 week in and Lucy has both wee'd and pooped her pants today! Thank god I got a few pairs in advance! :p

Bought a lovely brown and gold harness for my blue merle, it's so hard to buy nice things for him because of his weird colour, I feel like I have to stick to black/brown/grey/white! Tried it out for the first time today and he pulled so much more with this style of harness than the last one, I can only assume it's more comfortable for him.

Also, note to self, get female dog next so I can buy all the pretty things for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

I hear you VonVix, trying to get nice boy collars etc can be really annoying and you see so many lovely girls ones! I've a male black lab and have only just bought his second collar, another red one, I always find it a pain looking for a collar that is (a) sturdy enough for him (b) not too expensive and (c) actually nice. My friend on the other hand, has a female black lab and a biscuit box full of girlie collars etc for her!

I got Bailey 2 Ezydog collars nearly 4 years and no probs... Started Lucy in a small girly EzyDog and she's in the same size as Bailey's now with a spare for backup - assuming she doesn't get way bigger I'll never have to buy a collar again!! :D

The Cool wrote: »
    I hear you VonVix, trying to get nice boy collars etc can be really annoying and you see so many lovely girls ones! I've a male black lab and have only just bought his second collar, another red one, I always find it a pain looking for a collar that is (a) sturdy enough for him (b) not too expensive and (c) actually nice. My friend on the other hand, has a female black lab and a biscuit box full of girlie collars etc for her!

I'd say having a black dog makes it a bit easier, my rainbow-boy doesn't suit much!
    tk123 wrote: »
    I got Bailey 2 Ezydog collars nearly 4 years and no probs... Started Lucy in a small girly EzyDog and she's in the same size as Bailey's now with a spare for backup - assuming she doesn't get way bigger I'll never have to buy a collar again!! :D

My boys need a wardrobe... I like them having a choice of harnesses/leashes lol!

• Advertisement

Moone picked up a young blackbird today but dad got it off her. It's leg is dislocated at the hip (I think) but it can still fly so there's no damage to the wings. I've rang the local SPCA and if he's still ok in the morning we'll go from there. He's really feisty and vocal so that's a good sign :)

We caught a second one of the feral kittens this evening, oh it is gorgeous!
    A big grey ball of fluff, but currently hiding behind the toilet pipe, can't get to it!

I'm exhausted, I think our cats see me as human catnip for the last few days. They're taking it in turns to climb all over me in the early hours. I woke at 5am to 1 of them jumping around playing with me feet, thought it was Jazzy but it was Felix, which was a shock.

Jazzy arrived a couple of hours later, he doesn't seem bothered about how uncomfortable a sleeping position is for me, so long as he can sprawl across me, even if it means using his claws as an anchor in my skin:rolleyes: But that was only after Poppy had been and rolled herself all over me. The only one that doesn't do it is Toby, he saves that for bedtime:)

The baby black birds hip miraculously fixed itself over night, I brought him out to try release him and he flew around in a circle then landed on my arm and preened his feathers! This happened a few times , he's now sitting in gonzos pet carrier chirping away. Hopefully the SPCA will be able to help later today.

...just found Star Wars collars + leashes. :eek:

...Now where's my credit card at?!

VonVix wrote: »

Please tell us where?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

VonVix wrote: »

I probably shouldn't put this link up then, all sorts of goodies :D

http://www.leadingthepackstore.co.uk/

Batman!

You really shouldn't have, I opened this beside my daughter, now I'm in trouble...

muddypaws wrote: »
    I probably shouldn't put this link up then, all sorts of goodies :D

http://www.leadingthepackstore.co.uk/

MUDDY.

:eek:

• Advertisement

Just been in contact with the SPCA and their advice is to keep him for a further day or two then try flying him again. And I also have to feed him snails, yummy :( he's a little fighter! I shouldn't have but I've christened him/her frankie for obvious reasons :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement