Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

We went for a walk in the fields this evening and at one point Coco started shaking and scratching her ear pretty hard. I had a good look but couldn't see anything in it or on it or even a cut but it was driving her mental, at one point she yelped in pain with it. :( When we got home I got the ear cleaner out and she went running away from me and usually she doesn't mind getting it in, so she can get the ear massage afterwards.

I still couldn't see anything so let her relax for a while and put her down the hall, I went out to her after a while and with the bright lights eventually saw a single barley spike stuck in her ear :eek:, so got the tweezers and pulled it out - it was nearly 3 inches long - it must have been so annoying and probably painful for her.

Delighted I managed to get it out, a trip to the vets would have been even more stressful for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Knackered - Lucy was running in her sleep kicking me to bits!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

tk123 wrote: »
    Knackered - Lucy was running in her sleep kicking me to bits!! :p

Fair play to you having her in the bed every night :D I tried to sleep on the couch with Phoe last night and I just couldn't. Big fat head in my face. It's definitely more a sunday lie on treat for us here.

She moves too much it's driving me MAD!! Bailey used to just sleep on the end of the bed and that was that - he doesn't like anything touching off him when he's asleep so left me alone! I don't really have room for another crate in the room though lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

One of the cats just brought home a tiny bat! It wasn't alive unfortunately but that's a first!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

SingItOut wrote: »
    One of the cats just brought home a tiny bat! It wasn't alive unfortunately but that's a first!

Felix is as active as a kitten for the past few days, I wonder if all the killing is connected to the Supermoon?

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭nala2012

Used to annoy me when people were scared of nala and pulled their kids away when we walked past but since i got bruce it annoys be more that they think because he's small their kids can run over to pet him! He's old and pet deaf and blind so i hate people running up to him, i actually had to tell a parent to call their child back when they came running over screaming doggy today at the beach!

I was looking for a new feather duvet as our one has seen better days. Then I came across something on facebook showing geese and ducks in China that are plucked while alive to make feather duvets. I had no idea that happens. We won't be getting another feather duvet, ever.

I was looking for a new feather duvet as our one has seen better days. Then I came across something on facebook showing geese and ducks in China that are plucked while alive to make feather duvets. I had no idea that happens. We won't be getting another feather duvet, ever.

I got rid of all my feather stuff when I realised that too. Although I don't know what I thought happened before that... I just couldn't sleep easy with them in my bed then.

And there was nothing comfier than a feather pillow and duvet. Is there any man made filling that feels similar?

Whispered wrote: »
    I got rid of all my feather stuff when I realised that too. Although I don't know what I thought happened before that... I just couldn't sleep easy with them in my bed then.

And there was nothing comfier than a feather pillow and duvet. Is there any man made filling that feels similar?

I don't know. I've seen a few things that are described as 'feels like down'. I saw a man made extra thick 15 tog duvet on Amazon that I might try.

• Advertisement

Felix is as active as a kitten for the past few days, I wonder if all the killing is connected to the Supermoon?

Could be, my two (or most likely Vogue on her own) are killing constantly the last few weeks, it's mostly been birds and shrews along with a few mice. Maybe the warmer weather is bringing out the wild life more.

The fridge freezer is broken and we've an engineer coming to fix it (hopefully) tomorrow. I pulled all the shelves and drawers out of it earlier and gave it a good scrub while the cats circled me trying to get a good look at where the yummy things live. Toby was beside himself with curiosity and excitement:)

We think my neighbours have gone on hols leaving their friend to look after the dog. He's outside barking and howling hours and is very distressed :( it's freaking out Bailey and Lucy a little too because it's so loud/clear.

Just found another dead bat outside gates to our house, wonder where their all coming from :(

Has it been going on for long? Hopefully it was just an overnight trip or something. :(
    We think my neighbours have gone on hols leaving their friend to look after the dog. He's outside barking and howling hours and is very distressed :( it's freaking out Bailey and Lucy a little too because it's so loud/clear.

Is this the dog that barks at night and is always left outside? Maybe you could report it to the warden if he's getting really distressed. You don't have to assume that a friend is feeding and caring for the dog, and you can do it anonymously so it could be any neighbour. A warning might be the kick up the ass they need.

Is this the dog that barks at night and is always left outside? Maybe you could report it to the warden if he's getting really distressed. You don't have to assume that a friend is feeding and caring for the dog, and you can do it anonymously so it could be any neighbour. A warning might be the kick up the ass they need.

No a different dog so we had it in stereo last night!! The one gets dumped outside when they're in the kitchen (can see the lights from our garden :mad:) behind us and this guy 6 doors down. I heard it on Sunday evening and yesterday evening - they're probably gone away for the week! :mad: I heard him bark this morning but didn't see any sign of him when we were leaving the park - the live opposite. They have a few sheds so don't know if he's in one of them or in the garden. I'm going to try and suss out where he is and either throw a kong into him or hang it on the door in a bag and a note telling the minder where to return it to.
    Actually I just had a brainwave - I can check my dashcam and see if it picked up anyone passing to go down to him/walk him yesterday evening ;)

Very frustrating as I'm recording the dogs doing tricks to submit a video for assessment and they keep stopping to listen to him wailing!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Just went out to the shed to bring in alli's crate and saw a huge spider sitting on one of the bike seats. I googled it and it's a tegenaria spider I believe (if you're scared of spiders like me don't google it! Their frickin huge!), largest spider I've seen here. While I was freaking out at the spider , a house martin flew out from behind the light so that was a second heart attack! Still freaked out by the spider eep!!

Looks like what Iv always called wolf spiders, I think they live behind our fireplace, I do find the odd one roaming about downstairs, scarily big feckers. You can nearly hear them running across the wooden floor :o They hunt smaller insects, iv watched one pounce on an earwig like a cat :o

Edit: On the phone and can't figure out how to do the shocked smiley!!

Lucy is booked in to be (keyhole) spayed in October! I feel a bit guilty at the thought of having to leave her in a strange vets lol!! Our local vet only does traditional spay

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Tara's first visit to the vet since Feb, her glands were at her. Vet was delighted to hear we had gone from needing them done every month to not being done for 5months.
    He was really interested to hear how I'd managed it! Thank heavens for great vets!!

She was uncivilised as usual though, beautiful old gent of a dogue de bordeaux was there and she gave out stink to him :$

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I used Dude's shampoo instead of my own by accident this evening. It actually smells so nice!! :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Just went out to the shed to bring in alli's crate and saw a huge spider sitting on one of the bike seats. I googled it and it's a tegenaria spider I believe (if you're scared of spiders like me don't google it! Their frickin huge!), largest spider I've seen here. While I was freaking out at the spider , a house martin flew out from behind the light so that was a second heart attack! Still freaked out by the spider eep!!

I know those feckers!
    My daughter is terrified of them, her screams make the dogs run away!
    I have to catch them and put them out the window usually, but it appears Ruby thinks they are tasty.

Oliver has been indulging his kitten addiction, we must have the cleanest kitten in Ireland, poor thing was soggy. Still struggling to tame the grey fluff ball, it's not as friendly as it's sister at all :(

mymo wrote: »
    I know those feckers!
    My daughter is terrified of them, her screams make the dogs run away!
    I have to catch them and put them out the window usually, but it appears Ruby thinks they are tasty

Shes not alone, I am absolutely terrified of spiders! There was another one in the kitchen last night, I wouldn't have noticed it only Moone picked it up and threw it down on the floor a few times :eek: it kept grabbing onto her beard! Boyfriend is also scared of spiders so it's every man/woman/dog for themselves if spiders appear :pac:

Shes not alone, I am absolutely terrified of spiders! There was another one in the kitchen last night, I wouldn't have noticed it only Moone picked it up and threw it down on the floor a few times :eek: it kept grabbing onto her beard! Boyfriend is also scared of spiders so it's every man/woman/dog for themselves if spiders appear :pac:

You would probably have had a heart attack in my house last week so! A very large hairy spider ran across my pillow as I got into bed last week, I even jumped as it was so big! I put it down on the floor and let it scurry under the bed. The following night he was there again, but in the duvet. This time I put him out the window:). I don't mind spiders that much at all, as they catch all the pesky flies!

I had a weird dream last night where for some reason I'd given Bailey to the pound(!) and I wanted him back!! It was awful!! When I woke up I had to stop myself getting out of bed and going over to hug him lol! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Lucy is booked in to be (keyhole) spayed in October! I feel a bit guilty at the thought of having to leave her in a strange vets lol!! Our local vet only does traditional spay

Would be interested to hear your experience of this once it's done. We should be welcoming a pup into our family next year and I would be keen to go down the keyhole route when we do it.

Vel wrote: »
    Would be interested to hear your experience of this once it's done. We should be welcoming a pup into our family next year and I would be keen to go down the keyhole route when we do it.

I'll report back on the 2nd of October ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

I had a weird dream last night where for some reason I'd given Bailey to the pound(!) and I wanted him back!! It was awful!! When I woke up I had to stop myself getting out of bed and going over to hug him lol! :p

I had a horrible dream too last night that I was emigrating to the US. I was taking one of the cats with me on the plane and putting the other in boarding for a year!! :eek: The dogs didn't even feature in the dream, so I have no idea what I did to them.

You would probably have had a heart attack in my house last week so! A very large hairy spider ran across my pillow as I got into bed last week, I even jumped as it was so big! I put it down on the floor and let it scurry under the bed. The following night he was there again, but in the duvet. This time I put him out the window:). I don't mind spiders that much at all, as they catch all the pesky flies!

Oh no I couldn't deal with that at all :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Last night I was just about to get into bed. Boyfriend came running into the room and said eh we are gonna have to wash blue before you go to bed. He went into the toilet and found her face first in the toilet bowl splashing the water. Even took a photo she was in there that long! To say she was unhappy about being washed is an understatement :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement