Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Delighted to hear he is up and about. He really is a little fighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

My mom got off the phone with the vets again, I have to get her to ring because I'm just so afraid of bad news! We must be driving them mad :P He is walking a bit, couldn't get his lip stitched today because an emergency came in so he will be getting it done tomorrow, so another night in hospital for the babs. Tail is still no go :( But he's in great form and is eating!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

My mom got off the phone with the vets again, I have to get her to ring because I'm just so afraid of bad news! We must be driving them mad :P He is walking a bit, couldn't get his lip stitched today because an emergency came in so he will be getting it done tomorrow, so another night in hospital for the babs. Tail is still no go :( But he's in great form and is eating!

Good to hear he's on the mend, eating is always a good sign :) fingers still crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Just seeing this about Dude now SMX. Glad he's a little better, am rooting for a full recovery. Mind yourself x

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

Are Peach and Cream missin their lil bro?! Glad to hear he's doing well :)

• Advertisement

sparkle_23 wrote: »
    Are Peach and Cream missin their lil bro?! Glad to hear he's doing well :)

Missing him?! lol good one :P Cream is only delighted to have me all to himself for cuddles because Dude normally spends the night on my lap!! Peach is just as indifferent as always :pac:

Missing him?! lol good one :P Cream is only delighted to have me all to himself for cuddles because Dude normally spends the night on my lap!! Peach is just as indifferent as always :pac:

Cream should do what Sparkle does! If Smudge is on my knee & I'm petting her Sparkle comes and sits on top of her! So funny... Poor Smudge! She did it when I was on Skype to my sister yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

poor dude:(,
    I have no broadband at the moment so missed all the news. Hope he gets home soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Just saw this now, poor Dude! At least he's doing ok. Glad to hear it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

It's like a mad house here this week. We've got 3 Feliway diffusers going, 1 in the kitchen, 1 in the living room and 1 on the landing, all main hotspots for trouble. Felix has decided that he wants to push Jazzy around as well as harrassing Toby constantly.

I'm trying to spend as much time with Molly as possible, Felix needs extra fuss as his ear is driving him nuts. That leaves less fuss time for Jazzy and Poppy who then get jealous and peevish with each other. To top it all off Toby came home this morning after what must have been a Hell of a fight. He's missing most of his top whiskers and is fairly roughed up.

Hoping against hope that he doesn't get an abcess. I spent 200 euro at the vet last week and I'm afraid to think how much I've spent there over the past 6 months:(. Felix is due back there next week for follow up on his ear and Molly is having her 2nd vaccination that day too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

We just met our new neighbours, they also have 2 male jack russels... It should be interesting while the four of them figure out their territory's, we live in a housing estate so there's not a whole lot of space between them :P

Things aren't looking too great here, my mam was talking to one of the nurses this morning and she said that Dude is fully incontinent from both ends, he doesn't realise that he is passing anything. The vet is to ring after surgery to see where we go from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

OMG poor Dude! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

:( Sending all my positive thoughts and vibes your way Silly. I really, really hope the little guy improves.

I'm now considering making my cats indoor cats from now on.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

poor Dude, really hope you get more positive news later, such a tough thing to go through.
    Fingers crossed xx

They vet is going to let him home on a trial run, there's no point in making any big decisions right now because nerve damage can take a lot of time to heal so there's going to be round the clock nursing care here (one upside to being unemployed I guess!). He will need to get his tail amputated but there's no rush with it, we'll see how things go and make decisions after the New year..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

:(:( Aw poor Dude! Well he's in no better hands to be looked after and as you said there's no rush to make a decision just yet. ((HUGS))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Awh no, poor little chap. Don't despair just yet though, as you say it's still very early days. He'll probably do much better at home as well in familiar surroundings.

Poor Dude.. Really really hope he improves once he's home :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭jellybear

Poor, poor Dude! Hope you're okay Silly Mango X. Am sending all my positive thoughts to your little man!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

:( Ah poor Dude and poor you. At least he's home and will be more settled with you minding him! He's a fighter though so hopefully he'll be ok and get thru it!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Awww poor little guy, and poor you too sillymango.
    Still, there's no quicker way to get a pet feeling a bit better about things than bringing them home.
    Good luck, will be keeping everything crossed :-)

Poor Dude, thinking of him and you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

I can't see myself sleeping tonight, I'm so worried about my poor baby. I feel so awful, I would encourage everyone who has cats don't let them anywhere near the road, it's just not worth it. He was just in so much pain but at the same time it could have been so much worse. At least he is still alive, but the risk of it isn't worth it. Enclosures are looking cheap enough to build and they seem such a better alternative. I know he loves the outdoors but when he recovers from this he is only ever getting out on a lead.

So sorry to hear about dude :( I hope he has a speedy recovery! I'm overly protective of mine and won't let them out in case something similar happens. I have ordered some leads so that I can let them out safely. I agree with you that the risks aren't worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Poor Dude, I hope he'll be ok.

I am stranded in London, they keep canceling flights!

So sorry to hear about dude :( I hope he has a speedy recovery! I'm overly protective of mine and won't let them out in case something similar happens. I have ordered some leads so that I can let them out safely. I agree with you that the risks aren't worth it!

So true. In Ireland when I was putting Smudge & Sparkle in at I'd be calling them and my heart would literally be in my mouth until I saw them running towards me and knew they were ok! I never went to bed until I knew they were in! If I had my way they would be indoor only! Here in Canada we don't allow Pepper out on the balcony without a harness and lead. When I have a bigger place, be it here or in Ireland my 3 kitties will be together and they will not be allowed outside!!

He's home, slipping and sliding all over the place because he doesn't have full nerve function but at least he can walk!

Great news that he is home. I am sure he is a very happy kitty to be back with his Mammy.

I'm shocked, he's not in the slightest bit phased by it all, he's sliding all round the house as if he was running, absolutely delighted with himself, devoured a whole bowl of food and has worked out a system of getting onto the couch since he can't jump, he's used the carrier as a stepping stone. The vet still isn't too optimistic, he said if he's not showing improvement by next week that we would have to think about things, but that seems rediculously short time to me especially since hes in such good form

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Poor dude, I hope he improves when the trauma and swelling heals.

Well it's D day (well tree day), 6 days after Ruby's spaying, huge cat tree in position, loaded with catnip and treats, Christmas tree is in the room about to go up. Won't be decorating it until tomorrow evening I think.
    Wish us luck!

Oh my god! It's huge!
    Tip: don't buy your tree in the dark, it's 7ft tall (touching ceiling) and just as wide!
    All animals had a sniff (well Oliver just looked and went to bed) do far so good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement