Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I just have to have a rant. Yesterday I got a phone call from a woman in the countryside looking to adopt our 10 week old foster kitten. Long story short this woman was looking for an outdoor cat. What the fcuk goes through peoples heads, in what universe is it ok to take a 10 week old house kitten and leave it outdoors, especially in Winter?

Her exact words where 'I find if you let a cat into the house you can go nowhere'.:mad: CATFLAP. There's not a snowballs chance in hell of me giving her to them. Of course she could have gone to any of the rescues/groups in Clare/Limerick who are desperately looking for homes for cats who prefer an outdoor home but oh no, that would make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Does anyone know how to track orders from zooplus.de? I can't understand German :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Does anyone know how to track orders from zooplus.de? I can't understand German :pac:

http://www.dhl.de/en.html ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Is there a dog alive that DOESNT love to have its belly scratched?

Or its ears?

While wondering these deep and meaningful thoughts, can anyone tell me why my v.elderly dog, who wont willingly get off the sofa all day long (unless its for food or a drink), spends the entire evening in and out to the garden like a yo-yo??! (with me up and down to the door each time)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Put my Christmas tree up. Less than five minutes later it was on the ground with some guilty looking cats hiding behind the sofa :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I'm not chancing mine until next weekend, got a cat tree today, going to make it more interesting than the tree (I hope) but Ruby getting neutered this week so hopefully she won't be too bad.
    Hopefully :(

They both only got spayed on Friday so I thought they would be taking it easy for a while. I was very wrong!

They both only got spayed on Friday so I thought they would be taking it easy for a while. I was very wrong!

Ah....

May need a new plan.

mymo wrote: »
    Ah....

May need a new plan.

Blue was feeling very sorry for herself the night she came home. But umi was bouncing around the place and nearly giving me a heart attack! Completely back to normal now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

:mad::mad:

Some eejit trying to sell Siberian husky pups "ready to go Christmas week" on a local facebook page. When I disagreed with the timing, some other eejit came on saying it would make a lovely present (her friend I presume). I despair of people..

2 of the months from the photo calendars I made online for myself and my friend.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Oh TK they are fantastic photographs. What a brilliant idea to have them as a calendar.

Layinghen wrote: »
    Oh TK they are fantastic photographs. What a brilliant idea to have them as a calendar.

Thanks! I did single photos the first year but last year couldn't decide which to pick because there was so many(!) and thought of making up photo collages instead. ;) Think my friend will love it - I normally mail her a few of the best photos if I take a load of them when we're out so I have TONS in her calendar she's never seen before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Have an 'informal' job interview tomorrow to meet them and have a look around the place. Quite nervous, don't know what to expect! :eek: It'l be a big change up for me if I get it too.

Best of luck to you. Remember be yourself, good firm handshake when you meet whoever is interviewing you, look them in the eye (not in a scary way:P) and try if you can to get a good nights sleep tonight so you are bright eyed and bushy tailed for tomorrow.

Hope it all works out for you.

Layinghen wrote: »
    Best of luck to you. Remember be yourself, good firm handshake when you meet whoever is interviewing you, look them in the eye (not in a scary way:P) and try if you can to get a good nights sleep tonight so you are bright eyed and bushy tailed for tomorrow.

Hope it all works out for you.

Yes, best wishes from me too

Holy moly. Was not expecting this to be so big!!!

90m3.jpg

Bought my dogs some new BURNS food - sensitive and elderly (2 bags) Also bought a bag of frozen Nature Diet. Elderly dog wont touch the Burns food. The youngest dog for the first time in his life wouldnt eat his dinner of Nature Diet (the other dog wasnt very enthuasiastic).

Im disgusted!!!!

nice communion photo there :pac:

• Advertisement

Good grief Sillymangox I think we can safely say those cats are spoilt.

Not that we ever doubted that :D

Still waiting for broadband to be up and running. They said next Friday so fingers crossed. I had Felix at the vet today for follow up on his ear. The sensitivity report isn't back from the lab yet. But the swab shows a yeast and strep infection in it:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

90m3.jpg

Spoiled :p I'd love one of those but I think I'd have to move my bedroom out to the shed to make room in the house :p

We got Ruby neutered today, I feel so guilty, she growling and hiding since she came home.
    She did eat a little and get into daughters bed, and now daughter has to sleep in my bed tonight.
    Poor Ruby :(

We thought we'd found a lovely indoor home on a farm for Molly but it fell through late last night. Am so disappointed, but at least she has a safe home with us for as long as she needs it. Felix is being a bloody nightmare with Toby. He is constantly attacking him and harrassing him this week. It's gotten so bad that Toby is spending most of his time elsewhere this week. He went out at 8 yesterday morning after only coming in to eat and then leaving. We didn't see him until 10pm then.

He's been gone all night again so I'm assuming he's found a neighbour to visit. I think it's down to the infection in Felix's ear. The side of his head is crusty with bits of discharge from the ear. The sensitivity results are meant to be coming back from the lab today so hopefully we can get the infection cleared up soon. Poor chap is miserable and has been on antibiotics for the best part of 2 months now:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

So umm... We were away on holidays, and so Esme was in pet boarding. Had her out tonight for a cuddle and a run and well... We noticed something. Two somethings. Esme isn't a she!

:o

Guess he's a late bloomer. ;)

So, in case were wrong, we're calling him Sue. We figure that works either way, right? Good old Johnny Cash! ;)

One of my daughters rats (Luna)died last Sunday, quite suddenly, and it looks like another (Matilda) will be off to join her shortly.
    They are such short lives. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Terribly short, mymo. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

So, in case were wrong, we're calling him Sue!
    Esme's a boy...but he's now called Sue.

Ye what now?

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

anniehoo wrote: »
    Esme's a boy...but he's now called Sue.

Ye what now?

:confused:

;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement