Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Zapperzy wrote: »
    Hold on to him :D I converted mine from cat-neutral to sleeping with a kitten on his head every night, maybe when she's grown up I'l start showing him pictures of homeless kittens in the hope of stiring up some kitten broodiness :D

Hes always loved cats and adores my two! they sleep in the bed with us and you cant go anywhere in our place without falling over one of them :D. I always send him on pics of cute kittys needing homes that pop up on my facebook. He never really took much notice but today fell in love with a deaf white boy kitten and sent an email about adopting him so he has his heart set on either getting him or a different one if we arent lucky enough to get him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Hes always loved cats and adores my two! they sleep in the bed with us and you cant go anywhere in our place without falling over one of them :D. I always send him on pics of cute kittys needing homes that pop up on my facebook. He never really took much notice but today fell in love with a deaf white boy kitten and sent an email about adopting him so he has his heart set on either getting him or a different one if we arent lucky enough to get him

Best of luck, fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I'm jealous of ye having cat loving boyfriends, any guys I've brought home have instantly failed the cat test :P :pac:

We always get those holiday cards from out American relatives with the while family all done up in Christmas clothes and all professionally done, so my mom got me to make these to send back to them this year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

I'm jealous of ye having cat loving boyfriends, any guys I've brought home have instantly failed the cat test :P :pac:

We always get those holiday cards from out American relatives with the while family all done up in Christmas clothes and all professionally done, so my mom got me to make these to send back to them this year :D

They'd get a boot out the door from me :p Bunty the cat that's afraid of every and any person including her own shadow sometimes instantly took to him and curled up in bed beside him and starting licking him, that was the seal of approval for me :p

What did ya use to make up that? Looks well :) Wouldn't mind doing up one myself :)

Picmonkey.com :D I'm addicted to editing photos on it now, they have a whole section full of Christmas stuff :D I made my SS cards on it, the ones for the american relatives and one for my uncle with his dog and her mother :D

• Advertisement

Picmonkey.com :D I'm addicted to editing photos on it now, they have a whole section full of Christmas stuff :D I made my SS cards on it, the ones for the american relatives and one for my uncle with his dog and her mother :D

I was going to do something similar but yesterday ended up buying some charity Christmas cards from the ispca online!

I'm in complete shock. My Dad, who has formerly been totally against cats in the house, turned around to me and said that the utility is too cold for the cats to sleep in, so I've to keep them in my room for the night tonight and tomorrow he is getting someone to come around and fit a radiator in the utility to heat it up. I'm still baffled but at least my cats will be warm :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Have the cats been staring at him lately?
    Cats have been using the Jedi mind trick on him!
    :p

You need to tell then to convince him they should sleep on your bed (or in it)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

I help out with a rescue. This morning, one of our inspectors was called out to look at a Falabella pony (miniature) that was left behind by travellers, when they move sites a week ago. The tiny pony had half its leg missing - there was bone protruding at the end. It was not a recent/new injury. I have never been so sickened in all my life. These people just left this tiny animal in this state - walked away from him, no shelter/water/food. I will never understand how anyone can be cruel to an animal. I hope there is a hell that people like this will go to.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Jesus wept aonb... That's beyond upsetting.
    The poor little mite. You'd wonder what the hell was done to her for that to have happened.
    It's just beyond words :'(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I really don't understand how someone can do that, it's sickening.

These are the travellers that SADIE06 wrote about on here very recently (Dogs neglected ... who to call) - she had reported to the authorities that they were keeping dogs in a tiny cage - they have move a few miles away - they still have another pony and those poor dogs....I despair sometimes, I really do

Have booked both kittys in to be spayed on Friday :( dreading it! Also finally getting umi microchipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Esme is getting really tame... well, for a hamster we've only had about 3 weeks. She'll come out when she hears our voices now, and doesn't completely freak out when we pick her up. Which, if anyone here has tried to tame a very active, energetic little hamster who is juuuuuust old enough to have been "set in her ways" is pretty good going!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭tk123

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Trying to build up Bailey's alone time and almost every I leave him I come back to find the door open, or this morning he was gone from where I left him and out the back with my dad!

Just saw a post on facebook, a woman offered a rescue 500 euro, only for them to find out it was a joke between her and some other women. How could anyone be so mean spirited?!

Just saw a post on facebook, a woman offered a rescue 500 euro, only for them to find out it was a joke between her and some other women. How could anyone be so mean spirited?!

That doesn't even make sense. How is that even a joke?

From what I can figure from comments it seems like it might be a fake page by someone who has had a run in with the rescue before!

From what I can figure from comments it seems like it might be a fake page by someone who has had a run in with the rescue before!

Ah. Yes I've heard a lot about the politics with small rescues from family member who used to be heavily involved with animal welfare in Ireland. Can get quite bitchy from what I've heard!

tk123 wrote: »
    GAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Trying to build up Bailey's alone time and almost every I leave him I come back to find the door open, or this morning he was gone from where I left him and out the back with my dad!

well, he was alone with your dad?!?!?!? 8-)
    You will just have to do the alone time when your dad isnt around!!
    Hey maybe you can blackmail your dad now, that since he is messing up your training of Bailey, that he will have to be around for Bailey when you arent around!?

• Advertisement

aonb wrote: »
    well, he was alone with your dad?!?!?!? 8-)
    You will just have to do the alone time when your dad isnt around!!
    Hey maybe you can blackmail your dad now, that since he is messing up your training of Bailey, that he will have to be around for Bailey when you arent around!?

My dad left a baby in the supermarket once (!)- I don't trust him with the dogs lol! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

We had Felix and Poppy at the vets yesterday, Felix's ear infection is back:( so he's back on antibiotics and painkillers. The vet took a culture of the infection so hopefully we'll be able to get it sorted out soon, poor chap is miserable. Poppy had her nails trimmed and she's delighted, she's not getting caught in things anymore.

We're back at the vet next week for a follow up on Felix's ear and to start Molly's vaccinations. She's thriving now, I hope we can find her a home soon, she's outgrowing the safe room already. She really needs a forever home where she can run around and explore, she's a little kitten dynamo of energy and it takes longer and longer to wear her out in play sessions:)

Dropped Umi and Blue in to be spayed last night :( It was very strange not having them in the house all evening or this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

God I don't know what is wrong with Henry this morning, he just will not settle, keeps running around the house barking and whining at everything. It's like back when we first got him he just seems so nervous about everything. He's had a walk and been fed and everything so I'm not sure what it could be. The only thing I can think of is that the house next door has been empty most of the time we've had him but they've started doing work on it the last few days so it could be that unsettling him.

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    God I don't know what is wrong with Henry this morning, he just will not settle, keeps running around the house barking and whining at everything. It's like back when we first got him he just seems so nervous about everything. He's had a walk and been fed and everything so I'm not sure what it could be. The only thing I can think of is that the house next door has been empty most of the time we've had him but they've started doing work on it the last few days so it could be that unsettling him.

More than likely thats it - he can hear noises and doesnt know where they are coming from - you could take him out back and front and let him see that theres workmen there, so he knows what the racket (to him!) is? There is someone fencing nearby (with a pile driver - THUD!) my dogs are very agitated!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Just back from a walk where tara managed to cut her ear. Sat for 30mins applying pressure only for it to start again when she shakes her head, so have resorted to putting tights over her head to keep her ears flat. Hubby reckons she looks like a bank robber;)

Lucy has a big scab at the side of her face/chin but old so it's lifting as the fur grows and fur growing thru it if that makes sense. I think she might have got it a few weeks ago when she tried to jump down a hill and face planted instead lol :p Now do I leave it or try to tease it out of the fur - I don't think I can leave it alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭nala2012

Brought Nala to see santa today. A local groomers were having a fundraiser for a dog rescue, was great Nala hopped up on the couch beside him and kept licking his face. I was surprised cos when i brought her two years ago she wouldn't go near him!! My niece on the other hand was very scared and didn't say a word!

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

Oh no I forgot that Santa was today :(

• Advertisement

I just spent the day facepainting a load of kids at a local Christmas party, now the whole town will be full of little cats and tigers :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement