Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Restaurant Recommendation Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭sporina

thanks for all the replies..

i think the Pembrook in the imperial would be right up their street,..

think i will take them there..

any opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

sporina wrote: »

any opinions?

Yeah that's a lovely hotel, food isn't too bad either - they could probably find something they like on the menu there:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

sporina wrote: »

any opinions?

That was the second place I was going to suggest. My mother in law is a pretty plain eater and loves going there. I think they still do the side dish of vegtables per person too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 stid77

Hi first time poster here.just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a nice restaurant in cork city for sat night.Nothing too plush or fine dining,just nice food,nicely presented and with a nice atmosphere.Money not a problem as long as its nice.Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

stid77 wrote: »
    Hi first time poster here.just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a nice restaurant in cork city for sat night.Nothing too plush or fine dining,just nice food,nicely presented and with a nice atmosphere.Money not a problem as long as its nice.Thanks.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056781779

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056780235

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Another one, not being mean here but there are loadsa threads about all the differant and best restaurants in cork

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Milly33 wrote: »
    Another one, not being mean here but there are loadsa threads about all the differant and best restaurants in cork

Hence why I just pasted the 2 links above.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 stid77

ok thanks for that.like i said first time on here so all a bit new for me.as it turns out i delved more into this site and found threds on restaurants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Has anyone been to Green's since they changed to a bistro set-up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Has anyone been to Green's since they changed to a bistro set-up?

Had a light lunch there at the weekend. It was very tasty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,132 ✭✭✭beer enigma

MrFrisp wrote: »
    Hence why I just pasted the 2 links above.. :D

Yep there are tons of threads as I discovered whilst merging yesterday - second of the threads you mention is actually the starting one of this merged thread, but if there are any that people would like to see included in this sticky, drop me a PM with the link and ill be happy to merge it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

I think it is a great idea having 1 thread for restaurants :)

I know people have said in the past that restaurants change all the time and just because they were good last month does not mean they are still good (which is true), however all you need to do is post with something like "Hey restaurant X has got great reviews but has anyone been there recently? Is it still as good as it sounds?" etc etc.

FOOD! MMMMMMM :D

kingtut wrote: »
    I think it is a great idea having 1 thread for restaurants :)

I know people have said in the past that restaurants change all the time and just because they were good last month does not mean they are still good (which is true), however all you need to do is post with something like "Hey restaurant X has got great reviews but has anyone been there recently? Is it still as good as it sounds?" etc etc.

FOOD! MMMMMMM :D

Have to say thanks to Faith on this one - her idea originally & provided a good mix of threads to merge which made my job much easier

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Andip wrote: »
    Have to say thanks to Faith on this one - her idea originally & provided a good mix of threads to merge which made my job much easier

The polite way of saying "Sent abusive PMs until I did it" :pac:

Faith wrote: »
    The polite way of saying "Sent abusive PMs until I did it" :pac:

Jaysus lol you're damned if you do and damned if you don't :-)

Jaysus lol you're damned if you do and damned if you don't :-)

Not at all! You made it sound like I was very lovely about it, when I was actually a bit of a demon pestering you to make this thread :D. I just wanted people to know that you shouldn't be thanking me at all!

Not at all! You made it sound like I was very lovely about it, when I was actually a bit of a demon pestering you to make this thread :D. I just wanted people to know that you shouldn't be thanking me at all!

Haha - this is a restaurant thread, get back on topic or I'll have to infract you lol - oh and thanks again :-)

Fenns quay is well worth a visit, real bistro style & good value

I don't know if it's been merged into this thread, but Oysters in the Clarion is fantastic. Really high calibre dining for fairly reasonable prices.

I don't know if it's been merged into this thread, but Oysters in the Clarion is fantastic. Really high calibre dining for fairly reasonable prices.

That's an interesting one as correct me if I'm wrong but it closed for a while and has been re opened by the old deputy manager of the hotel ? Friends ate there recently and were seriously impressed

• Advertisement

That's an interesting one as correct me if I'm wrong but it closed for a while and has been re opened by the old deputy manager of the hotel ? Friends ate there recently and were seriously impressed

I haven't a clue who's running it now, tbh. It was Augustines but they decided to move on. My mum thought it was the owners of Jacques who took it over, but I don't know one way or another. But we ate there in August and were blown away by the whole experience. They really know fish, and they gave us lovely little small dishes along the way, including an amuse Bouche and a fish mousse with the bread that was to die for.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Dar93ragh

If you've tried it, than you know that warm sweet taste . If you haven't than get yourelf down to KC'S in Douglas Co. Cork. :) 'Indescribable'tumblr_m6uyxfRsVf1r0yzejo1_500.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Moved & merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

I haven't a clue who's running it now, tbh. It was Augustines but they decided to move on. My mum thought it was the owners of Jacques who took it over, but I don't know one way or another.

Donald Morrissy, the former Deputy General Manager of the Clarion is running it.

I haven't a clue who's running it now, tbh. It was Augustines but they decided to move on. My mum thought it was the owners of Jacques who took it over, but I don't know one way or another. But we ate there in August and were blown away by the whole experience. They really know fish, and they gave us lovely little small dishes along the way, including an amuse Bouche and a fish mousse with the bread that was to die for.

That sounds like a restaurant looking after their customers, next time I'm home ill try it out - thx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

We went to the Tung Sing in Blarney on Saturday without a reservation at 5 and were very lucky to get a table. At 5!!! Never realised it was such a busy spot. There was a queue for tables when we were done and people were being told 40mins+ for takeaways.

Excellent early bird in fairness. Covers just about everything for €19.50 for 2 of starter/main/desert + a beer or a glass of wine.

Recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Not sure if this place was posted but the Italee cafe/restaurant on Oliver Plunkett street is well worth a visit.
    Run by Italians the food is very nice and has very reasonable prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Gamb!t wrote: »
    Not sure if this place was posted but the Italee cafe/restaurant on Oliver Plunkett street is well worth a visit.
    Run by Italians the food is very nice and has very reasonable prices.

I actually don't get the fuss about that place - I don't know, maybe it's what I have (usually a panini) but I find it quite bland. My friends like it though. It is reasonable though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

I got a selection of bruschetta type things there a couple of weeks ago, they were amazing, loads of different flavour, big enough portion and not very expensive for a decent lunch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭sporina

went to Kethners a few weeks ago - they have a lot of work to do unfortunately..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement