Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convict Conditioning.

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Dr. Greenthumb

Mellor wrote: »
    I did it for a bit when traveling, I sometimes jump back into for a set or two.
    I'm not certain but I think I'm was at level 7 for most (I hit 15 full bridges last night) with the exception of handstand push ups. That's definitely the toughest progression.

Ditto. I've progressed to level 7, but I won;t be going anywhere soon.

I stagnated for a minute for ages. Could get to 60 seconds no bother, then it'd fall apart within 10 seconds.
    After a few weeks I randomly hit 90 seconds, and then the following I hit 2 mins, was very tough, but I rode it out.

Which way do you face? Towards the wall or away?
    I started off kicking up into position, so facing away. But then I started walking my feet up the wall, so I was facing the wall. I found it more stable, which allowed me to focus on loading the shoulder and not waste energy trying to keep steady.

Currently face away from the wall, but I may try what you suggest. Do you continue facing the wall for the rest of the progressions going forward?

As for the squats, I have read numerous forums where people just skipped level 7 but others state that there is significant balance & form advantages to completing it so I think I'll tough it out. My problem is my flexibility I believe so doing it can only make me more flexible.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,025 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Currently face away from the wall, but I may try what you suggest. Do you continue facing the wall for the rest of the progressions going forward?
    I use both. Face away for a quick set, as it's a quicker set up. Facing towards if its a max effort.
    As for the squats, I have read numerous forums where people just skipped level 7 but others state that there is significant balance & form advantages to completing it so I think I'll tough it out. My problem is my flexibility I believe so doing it can only make me more flexible.
    I think theirs advantages to it sure. I keep saying ill give it a proper go but I can barely do 2 reps.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,025 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Has any body done much work on Bridges level 7 and 8 - Walls Walks.
    Walking up feels like there's a lot of arms involved pushing up off the wall. I think the difficult jump from here to level 9 Closing Bridges will be huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Omega28

Any progress made? any tips on where to begin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭meijin

Dylanmc111 wrote: »
    Any progress made? any tips on where to begin?

begin from step 1 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

meijin wrote: »
    begin from step 1 :)

This is actually the best advice. Start from the very start and don't skip any of early steps (no matter how easy they are).

Advertisement