Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alice : Madness returns (EPIC)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

hmmm i bought a retail copy, as i wanted to trade in my games. i did not got a copy of original. there is no sign of it on origin thing. any ideas where i could get that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

hmmm i bought a retail copy, as i wanted to trade in my games. i did not got a copy of original. there is no sign of it on origin thing. any ideas where i could get that?

not sure about the pc version, but with the 360 one you redeem a code via the game menu to download the original (afaik anyway, my wireless xbox thingy is currently dead so i cant try it)

Helix wrote: »
    not sure about the pc version, but with the 360 one you redeem a code via the game menu to download the original (afaik anyway, my wireless xbox thingy is currently dead so i cant try it)

is there origin thing on xbox now too?! can you buy it off xbox marketplace thought?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

nah you do it directly from the main menu in the game, no need for origins or xbla i dont think

again, osmeone who's actually redeemed the code could probably tell you better

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

is there origin thing on xbox now too?! can you buy it off xbox marketplace thought?

According to Wikipedia, if you buy a copy through EA, you get the code, otherwise it's 800 ms points or $9.99, so i don't know if us Euro folk get it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,919 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Again I have to post my love for this game. Of late I felt really bored with the gaming scene, not sure was it old age but this game rejuvenates my love for games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I assumed it was with the game dude, thats why I was asking if anyone who bought it could tell me once you download it was it standalone or needed to be run from alice. Anyone can download it , I didnt get a manual with my rental so I assume the code is on the back of the manual in the guise of "Online Pass" perhaps as it's an ea title?

Edit : It has to be with the game as there are achievements tied to it !!!! Not extra ones but ones part of 1000/1000 if you didn't get a code bring it back I'd say.

Headshot wrote: »
    Again I have to post my love for this game. Of late I felt really bored with the gaming scene, not sure was it old age but this game rejuvenates my love for games

I was thinking the same , it has a very ps2 feel to it for me , and not in a bad way or in terms of graphics just how I feel playing it, also a touch of darksiders there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Just finished chapter 2.
    The way chapter 2 segues into chapter 3 is just...holy **** wub.gif
    And the walrus and the carpenters stage show at the end of chapter 2 lol.gif

Man...this ****ing game wub.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

About 45 mins into this, and it just looks amazing. They've really done great things with the Unreal engine. Can see that it's going to be another very dark, twisted game. Gameplay is pretty fun. Lots of collectibles. As you go along, you can collect memories, which act similar to audio diaries in BioShock. Mmmmm, I love back-story :)
    Someone on here said that only the PS3 and Xbox versions get a free copy of the original

For consoles, it's the same as an Online Pass, code in the box to redeem. Game is 990MB. Has to be launched from the Madness Returns disc. Madness Returns is 900G, Alice is 100G

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,104 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Healium wrote: »

Someone on here said that only the PS3 and Xbox versions get a free copy of the original

When bought from EA's own Origin platform for PC, it's sold as the Collection, so you get both.

Spear wrote: »
    When bought from EA's own Origin platform for PC, it's sold as the Collection, so you get both.
    Yeah, I know that, was only talking about retail (ShadowHearth's case). Should have specified :o No code with retail copies of the PC version

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

For those that have it (consoles), which is better, 360 or PS3? I'm going to buy it off Amazon (which according to the customer reviews comes with the download code for the original too), and i;m a bit worried about a comment above that said even after install the disc spins on the 360 (have an old elite).

even after install the disc spins on the 360 (have an old elite).
    Yep. No idea why. Wonder if they could patch that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Xambo

Crazy game LOL epic

Yeah, I know that, was only talking about retail (ShadowHearth's case). Should have specified :o No code with retail copies of the PC version

hehe cheers, but i allready knew it from a page before, what i wanted: can it be bought from somewhere, if i dont have it with me alice madness returns. is it in xbla or ps3 shop, as i cant find it on origins :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Not much stock of Alice came into the store where I work and we usually get floods of stock for every game. Nobody was pre-ordering Alice so we got precious little stock as a result.

Notorious wrote: »
    Not much stock of Alice came into the store where I work and we usually get floods of stock for every game. Nobody was pre-ordering Alice so we got precious little stock as a result.

i presume extremly underrated game before release. the ones that knew alice 1 were creaming theyr pants knowing we got a sequal.

my friend works in extravision and i asked him if he got alice? he was like: wtf? some alice game? is he seriuos? then after awile he checked trailers and was quite surprised.

hehe cheers, but i allready knew it from a page before, what i wanted: can it be bought from somewhere, if i dont have it with me alice madness returns. is it in xbla or ps3 shop, as i cant find it on origins :(
    Didn't you buy it on PC? Yeah, you can get the original on PSN and Xbox, but it's not an arcade game. It's a DLC add-on, and has to be launched from the Madness Returns disc.

Didn't you buy it on PC? Yeah, you can get the original on PSN and Xbox, but it's not an arcade game. It's a DLC add-on, and has to be launched from the Madness Returns disc.

I did got it on pc, but there is no sign where I can buy that addon :(. So I thought maybe there is stand alone game of Alice 1 somewhere.

Maybe like beyond good and evil hd? Sort of a surprise that they don't have it as stand alone game...

• Advertisement

I did got it on pc, but there is no sign where I can buy that addon :(. So I thought maybe there is stand alone game of Alice 1 somewhere.

Maybe like beyond good and evil hd? Sort of a surprise that they don't have it as stand alone game...
    It's not a stand-alone, because EA are using it as an Online Pass, so you can only play it when you buy the game.

To be honest, I don't condone pirating games ever, but in this case, since you bought it on PC new, I'd just go off and torrent the original. They're not losing any money over it :) It's free with new copies on PS3, Xbox and through the EA store - you got f**ked :p

did anyone tryed to do screenshots?

again an epic scenerry and i cant do **** :( i do printscreen, but when i paste it in to mxpaint its just a black screen :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

did anyone tryed to do screenshots?

again an epic scenerry and i cant do **** :( i do printscreen, but when i paste it in to mxpaint its just a black screen :(

Use fraps

Just started this, wow, amazing so far

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Use fraps

Just started this, wow, amazing so far

hehe. people love it lol.

does this game gets "boards.ie seal of approval" so? :D

SO started on nightmare and even though the game didn't have a manual (rental) I still didn't bother to read the one built into the game or I missed the on screen tip that tell you if you use shrink in the purple lotus flowers it regenerates you heath

D'uh Calex :o

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AceCard Jones

@Calex

Yeah you need the disc in the machine to play the DLC. Weird that your console is still spinning the disc with the game installed, not happening on my end...:confused:

I have to say, I'm really enjoying this game. I made the mistake of playing through the first game first which for me wasn't much fun at all.
    I like most of you am baffled as to how it got such terrible reviews, It's Zelda/Darksiders meets God of War, how can that be bad? The art/theme of the game is amazing and keeps you captivated throughout. The Euro Gamer review in particular annoyed me as it seemed the reviewer had it in for the game from the start, and most of his problems with the game just aren't the case at all. I can't go into it any further without spoilers. :p

I seriously recommend this game to anyone, especially if you're tempted already.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,919 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im playing it on nightmare lvl and at first i was like wtf "I cant be this easy" but bloody hell it gets really hard soon enough, numerous deaths

Headshot wrote: »
    Im playing it on nightmare lvl and at first i was like wtf "I cant be this easy" but bloody hell it gets really hard soon enough, numerous deaths

It's scream at the screen stuff alright, but in a good way , and the check points are perfect imo, not too generous not too unforgiving.

Just finished chapter one. And i feel like an idiot on holidays who forgot his camera at home! half of game i play, the ather i just want scenery screenshoted! :eek:

Chapter one ending was lolz and disturbing at the same time.

now in chapter one, and allready seen some fecked up stuff and loads of stuff to be screened. :eek:

alice hair just needs a whole new topic! I could watch her for hours on platform going up an down, or her hair playing in wind! clothes and hair are done just perfect!

how can they give bad reviews to something like this?! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

alice hair just needs a whole new topic! I could watch her for hours on platform going up an down, or her hair playing in wind! clothes and hair are done just perfect!

If there was ever to be a movie amy lee of evanescence would be without doubt be the only girl alive that could play her...... drools :o

Amy%2BLee.jpg

Advertisement