Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alice : Madness returns (EPIC)

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Just go to second one. First Ome did not aged well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Yip, as Shadow said, head straight for the first one. The original doesn't seem to have a whole lot going for it (perhaps I'd have a different point of view if I'd played it back in the day), and you won't need it's story to appreciate the new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I played the original Alice years ago and it was a great game. As reported by other people, it just hasn't aged well. You're missing nothing story wise. If you really want to play it, play the first first (?!), as you'll miss the new control options from the new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

So I was only able to spend an hour with it last night, but one thing kept coming to mind - this is how videogames should look. After nearly five years of grey, brown industrial army men and space marines, it's great to be back playing the kind of game that reminds me why I started playing games in the first place. It creates the kind of world and visuals that wouldn't be possible in any other medium.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

So I was only able to spend an hour with it last night, but one thing kept coming to mind - this is how videogames should look. After nearly five years of grey, brown industrial army men and space marines, it's great to be back playing the kind of game that reminds me why I started playing games in the first place. It creates the kind of world and visuals that wouldn't be possible in any other medium.

Amen to that, brother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

exactly my impressions when i first fired it up too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

exactly my impressions when i first fired it up too :)

I spent about an hour shouting downstairs to my GF about how she should see this.
    Think I drove her mental :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

I have to say I am not enjoying it as much as I hoped, the enforced camera angles in certain sections does my head in and the lack of saving when I want leads to far too long being spent having to re do sections. Seriously if after 30 mins I am still in the same place
    I prefer to play something more fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Sharrow wrote: »
    I have to say I am not enjoying it as much as I hoped, the enforced camera angles in certain sections does my head in and the lack of saving when I want leads to far too long being spent having to re do sections. Seriously if after 30 mins I am still in the same place
    I prefer to play something more fun.

No offence but if any section has you stumped for a half hour, you must be pretty terrible at it. Its not a hard game, at all. Only some of the later fights against colossal ruin are at all tough, and the platforming is very forgiving thanks to the quad jumping

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

I've never gotten the hang of the 3D platforming, the fights are enjoyable, it's wonderful to look at but it's the falling and then getting put back to the start of the section esp when I was nearly finished it has me getting pissed off and reaching for something more fun to play.

• Advertisement
Advertisement