Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alice : Madness returns (EPIC)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Hmmm I though eurogamer just became soooo smug that soon they will disappear in theyr own asshole...

Got it preordered. Gave crysis 2 and brink xbox ones as I have them on pc too. Got Alice and a 10eu for witcher.

We will see how this will go.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I know 1up weren't impressed with the preview builds either. Looks like another disappointment.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

quarryman wrote: »

Hmm, guess I'll wait for a few reviews and then buy it in a few weeks from the bargain bin.

If this is actuolly a disappointment too then I lost all faith I to gaming industry...

Btw what ather games are in Eurogamers catalog with scores from 2-5?

I can't use that website at all. There is more adds then any website I ever seem in my life. I just get lost in amount of **** in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

other reviews r up

CNET
    out of 5 stars
    TheGamersHub
    out of 5
    VideoGamer
    Koalition
    IGN
    (not surprised after seeing what they give to inFamous 2)

still getting it though...

If this is actuolly a disappointment too then I lost all faith I to gaming industry...

Why would you lose faith if this game is poor?
    There are plenty of good games out and coming out.
    Btw what ather games are in Eurogamers catalog with scores from 2-5?

I can't use that website at all. There is more adds then any website I ever seem in my life. I just get lost in amount of **** in it.

Metacritic gave it a score of
    and that doesn't include Eurogamers score.
    Better than average...just.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/alice-madness-returns/critic-reviews

Like I said I'll wait for more reviews, but it is looking like a bargain bin purchase for me.

Notorioux wrote: »
    other reviews r up

CNET
    out of 5 stars
    TheGamersHub
    out of 5
    VideoGamer
    Koalition
    IGN
    (not surprised after seeing what they give to inFamous 2)

Might want to spoiler the scores, some people don't like to see scores posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Notorioux wrote: »
    other reviews r up

CNET 3.5 out of 5 stars
    TheGamersHub 4.5 out of 5
    VideoGamer 7
    Koalition 6
    IGN 6.5 (not surprised after seeing what they give to inFamous 2)

Those are decent scores tho. The first game was more remembered for tis setting than gameplay really. It was ana verage game with above average concept. I expect this to be something similar. Ill be getting it anyway, this trailer pretty much sold me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

The first game was more remembered for its setting than gameplay really.
    Expecting this to be the same, but I'm still buying it. I'm sure it'll do as good a job of "setting over gameplay" as LA Noire, so I'm happy :)

As someone new to the games, I assume I should play the free copy of Alice first?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Alice: Madness Returns comes with free download for first game

source: http://www.neoseeker.com/news/16243-update-alice-madness-returns-comes-with-free-download-for-first-game/

WIN!!! :D

Only xbox ps3 version thought :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Personally, I'm dying to play this one. It looks like great fun. Unfortunately though, there's no demo available on Xbox, as I'd love to test drive it before I make any real decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Rent it in xtravision for 3 nights, and buy it on Monday if you like it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Only xbox ps3 version thought :(

If you buy it for PC through EASTORE you get the original for free on PC.

http://www.bone-idle.ie/index.php/alice-the-madness-returns-to-include-free-version-of-the-original-alice-game/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Mr E wrote: »
    Rent it in xtravision for 3 nights, and buy it on Monday if you like it. :)

Now there's a plan that's so crazy, it just might work :D

Pro! Thanks m8!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,815 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Anyone here played this yet? Want to know if it's worth a purchase?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Anyone here played this yet? Want to know if it's worth a purchase?!?!
    While I know there's a reviewer or two here who may have early access, and you may be referring to them, it's not actually out here until Friday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

disappointed by the reviews but I have a feeling that the tone and atmosphere of this one might just carry it even if the gameplay isn't quite up to scratch. I'll be waiting for a price drop but I'm still very much interested in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

50 minute video from Giantbomb of the game.

Reading mixed impressions from people in the States, seems good but not necessarily great.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,815 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Healium wrote: »
    While I know there's a reviewer or two here who may have early access, and you may be referring to them, it's not actually out here until Friday :)

Proof i'm working too much, i'm full sure i saw it for sale in GameStop during the week!?! :o

impressions from people playing it on neogaf seem pretty much quite positive about it. The biggest complaint so far seems to be that while overall it looks lovely, there are some low res textures to be found in places. Aside from that, it seems like most people are really enjoying it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Any word on differences between the pc/360/ps3 versions yet or is it too early to ask such questions?

CramCycle wrote: »
    Any word on differences between the pc/360/ps3 versions yet or is it too early to ask such questions?

PC is superior version obviously, but the 360 seems to have an edge over the pstriple when it comes to shadowing. But not much in it, apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

:( Edge gave it a
    /10

the artwork looks incredible, i am so tempted!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

CramCycle wrote: »

Yeah, the PC one doesn't come with the original unless you buy it direct from EA :p

Yeah, the PC one doesn't come with the original unless you buy it direct from EA :p

yup, its balls :(

installing it now. takes ages, i think my dvd rom is giving up on me, or games became just incredible huge...

• Registered Users Posts: 53,858 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im loving it so far (early stages yet) just a nice change from the same old crap that is out at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,071 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Only a few minutes in, and it has some fairly screwed up imagery going on.

Bit annoyed at having to manually edit the config files to remove the crappy mouse acceleration and frame rate lock and vsync.

Source for the fixes was here:

http://www.dogsonacid.com/showpost.php?p=10636837&postcount=20

Advertisement