Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alice : Madness returns (EPIC)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

This should be interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

That third trailer is brilliant. :D I never played the first one but I'm sure I recall it had a really strange ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,305 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

American McGee not attaching his name to this like before?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Wouldn't the first Alice be perfect for an XBLA game? I have fond memories of it. Looking forward to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Skerries wrote: »
    American McGee not attaching his name to this like before?

There was a decent interview with him a while back over on EG which goes into why the name was attached to the first one, 10 years on and the majority of gamers wouldn't have a clue who he is, so I can understand it being dropped this time around...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i newer had a chance to play first one, but i have seen it, the idea of it, vidoes etc.

the atmmosphere is briliant. Freaky fairytale, i honestly cant wait for it, i love duke, but this.... this is going to be legendary!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Jaysus, if this is one for "older" gamers, that must make me ancient....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

im gonna buy this cause its alice in wonderland , i gotta see how twisted the mad hatter is

quarryman wrote: »
    Jaysus, if this is one for "older" gamers, that must make me ancient....

I meam those who actuoally Played woth controlers wired to consoles, played pc games on 200mhz or lass pcs with crt :)

Not freshly baked halo and cod fanatics ;)

Children of the 90s = young
    Everyone else = Old:(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

tman wrote: »
    Children of the 90s = young
    Everyone else = Old:(

Aww :(

Ah guys, i am 24 and i feel old, dont take it personally. Its going off topic now, do you want me to change main post?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Great, now I have to go play the first one. American McGee that was his name?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

Time to replay the first one, it was a wonderfully twisted game with so many intresting elements. Hopefully this follow up is worth it and not a short game with too many cinematic cuts. Now were did I leave my croquette mallet....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Einstein

Man...

When are we gonna see American McGee's Alice on the big screen?!!

Seems Universal Studios still have the film rights and McGee is still listed as producer...

That'd be a cool movie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Looks brilliant, the first game was excellent, going to reload it this weekend and take a trip down memory lane!

Looks brilliant, the first game was excellent, going to reload it this weekend and take a trip down memory lane!

Any ideas where i could get first one?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Any ideas where i could get first one?

Oh God I haven't seen it shops in years, I think Amazon might be your best bet...but from my searches it can be pricey

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Wasnt American McGee meant to be working on a version of the Wizard of Oz in the same gothic style? Guess it didnt pan out.

Look forward to seeing the game in full, wonder what genre its gona touch on?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

i just seen this trailer. very interesting artwork!!

• Advertisement

I can't wait for this. It's will be sooooo epic!

Alice + duke nuken forever = me sorted for very long!

Looks like this year is just full of epic win!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭chiloutus

Seems to me like gaming is getting a very old-school reboot this year, with games like MK11, DNF and Alice:Madness Returns taking center stage instead of the usual re-hashed call of duty!

Wait until the "fall" release hype train starts up... Gears of War 3, another Call of Duty sequel (I'd eat my hat if there wasn't one!!!) and god knows how many more dull, predictable shooters that are yet to come..

Wait until the "fall" release hype train starts up... Gears of War 3, another Call of Duty sequel (I'd eat my hat if there wasn't one!!!) and god knows how many more dull, predictable shooters that are yet to come..

after DNF, ALICE and BF3 i could not care less about the rest of release calander. i am interested in D3, but my gamer sences tell me that no way they will have it by this fall...

i am interested in D3, but my gamer sences tell me that no way they will have it by this fall...

I'm kind of interested in it, in a "might wait for a couple of reviews first" kind of way, but to be honest I'm a hell of a lot more excited about Torchlight 2!
    There are some interesting games coming out this year, but for every decent one there's yet another money spinner sequel

I'm kind of interested in it, in a "might wait for a couple of reviews first" kind of way, but to be honest I'm a hell of a lot more excited about Torchlight 2!
    There are some interesting games coming out this year, but for every decent one there's yet another money spinner sequel

Lol m8. If not diablo torchlight would newer be created hehe.

Diablo 3 will be legendary. There is no doubt. Great game with blizzard mark of quality!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Not sure why it hasn't been mentioned yet, but people who buy this game will get a download code for the original game (American McGee's Alice). Pretty cool bonus and better than the usual dull bonus costume DLC (which comes later) :)

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-8107-Alice--Madness-Returns-To-Include-First-Alice-Game-For-Free.html

Mr E wrote: »
    Not sure why it hasn't been mentioned yet, but people who buy this game will get a download code for the original game (American McGee's Alice). Pretty cool bonus and better than the usual dull bonus costume DLC (which comes later) :)

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-8107-Alice--Madness-Returns-To-Include-First-Alice-Game-For-Free.html

Yup, I heard that too. Fair play to developers.

I would prefer them to release it on arcade first, so I could kill time before new ones comes out...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

game looks pretty interesting alright. Loving the style of it. I'll be reserving judgement til a few reviews come out though. Not enough time to get through the backlog I have at the moment let alone start heaping more in there. LA Noire will already corner alot of my time i'm reckoning

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

lest ye all forgot about RAGE

id + mad max + wild west = awesome

alice looks pretty cool though. definately on the to get list.

Advertisement