Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alice : Madness returns (EPIC)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I'm quite tempted to pick this up during the week... So I'll be watching your reports on it here, lads ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

FFS, I CANT INSTALL IT.

it was installing allright and then started errors. now it does not even see a disc :(

i think my dvdrom died!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Spear wrote: »
    Only a few minutes in, and it has some fairly screwed up imagery going on.

Bit annoyed at having to manually edit the config files to remove the crappy mouse acceleration and frame rate lock and vsync.

Source for the fixes was here:

http://www.dogsonacid.com/showpost.php?p=10636837&postcount=20

It was the same for bulletstorm :rolleyes:

Cant wait to try this out later!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Headshot wrote: »
    Im loving it so far (early stages yet) just a nice change from the same old crap that is out at the moment
    +1

I'm playing it in 3D and I have to say it looks great.

ffs cant install. is there any way to get the installation download? i tryed to add my cd key to origins, but it says its used allready... ffs

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,101 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

ffs cant install. is there any way to get the installation download? i tryed to add my cd key to origins, but it says its used allready... ffs

Origins can detect it once it's installed at least, but not prior I believe. Or at least it did for DA2 for me.

Oh man, this game biggrin.gif

The mechanics of the combat may not be the best out of all the 3rd person action games, but its perfectly enjoyable. It leaves you plenty of room to mix up between different weapons, dodging, etc.
    Graphics on 360 are realy really great. The art style is incredible. It a bit of a shame it came out the same day as child of eden, cause itll suffer in comparison to that games visual style, but it really deserves as much kudos itself. Really looks great, aside from some texture pop in at times. The imagination thats gone into the enemies and locations is really impressive. And seriously, i could stare at Alices hair flowing in the wind for ages wub.gif

So yeah, im a fan biggrin.gif

Origins can detect it once it's installed at least, but not prior I believe. Or at least it did for DA2 for me.

BY SOME MAGIC damn thing installed!!!

just gave it a fast go and damn i am impresssed allready. art style is just awesome. so fecked up in head.... :eek:. love it!

thought some weird performance issues as it goes super smooth and then starts chuckle...

is there any way to play with graphical settings? as it looks pure console port :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Playing the original game first.

Raged at 11 year old game mechanics. Some crab person kept throwing me off a cliff. No bloody checkpoints in this game. Rage. RageRageRage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

loving this

had it sitting here for a while but im under a major backlog of games right now. this is fantastic stuff though, even though im not particularly far in

looks gorgeous, really twisted feel to it, controls feel right

colour me impressed

• Advertisement

Helix wrote: »
    loving this

had it sitting here for a while but im under a major backlog of games right now. this is fantastic stuff though, even though im not particularly far in

looks gorgeous, really twisted feel to it, controls feel right

colour me impressed

Agree. I sort of play this game and I get that fuzzy feeling and say woooow. Bow that's cool! What's in there now?!

You don't force yourself to like it and don't look for things to like. It just all pops in to your face!

Love that cat thought :)

Cant...stop....palying.

Up to the march hare area of hatters domain. The platforming has goten quite tricky here. But still so good. Cant believe ive put about 4 hours into it and still only on chapter one. Most other games would be coming to the end by now :D

Had a bash on the PC version too. Holy ****. Looks gorgeous on console, but man, PC is jsut..woah. Best use of the UE3 yet.

alicemadnessreturns201paey.jpg

:)

3 hours in and itll take a LOT for this not to be my game of the year so far by the time im done

brilliant, absolutely brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Enjoying it but started on Nightmare. It's tough. One hit reduces you to nothing, two hits dead. Finger now glued to RB.

Only a few minutes in, and it has some fairly screwed up imagery going on.

Bit annoyed at having to manually edit the config files to remove the crappy mouse acceleration and frame rate lock and vsync.

Source for the fixes was here:

http://www.dogsonacid.com/showpost.php?p=10636837&postcount=20

cheers for that man! huge difference!

i am actully happy that my old girl can run some of these games. After witcher i thought my pc just good for bin :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

It appears this is back on steam for sale.

Must be origin gets pre-orders and day release then steam gets it after that.

just had anather small burst of game.

i can say only one thing now: "eurogamer can go and F*CK them selfs with theyr reviews. "

I love allmoust everything about this game, every next room or place i go, it allways makes me go "WooooooooW". the design and visuals are just great. i wanted to make a Screenshot in front of hatters domain with alice standing there, holding a bloody knife and her hair playing in wind. One of those epic moments. i want that for my desktop!

great visuals
    great animations
    great atmosphere
    great combat ( works perfectly with very good dodge mechanics and does not **** itself when you fight with more then 1 enemy )
    great platforming

i missed such games to be honest. has some platforming and combat. interesting story.

there are very good revived classics like alice, and there are half arsed jobs like duke.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

just had anather small burst of game.

i can say only one thing now: "eurogamer can go and F*CK them selfs with theyr reviews. "

I love allmoust everything about this game, every next room or place i go, it allways makes me go "WooooooooW". the design and visuals are just great. i wanted to make a Screenshot in front of hatters domain with alice standing there, holding a bloody knife and her hair playing in wind. One of those epic moments. i want that for my desktop!

great visuals
    great animations
    great atmosphere
    great combat ( works perfectly with very good dodge mechanics and does not **** itself when you fight with more then 1 enemy )
    great platforming

i missed such games to be honest. has some platforming and combat. interesting story.

there are very good revived classics like alice, and there are half arsed jobs like duke.

You sir, are slowly convincing me to buy this...

You sir, are slowly convincing me to buy this...

Its an excellent game, but coems with one caveat, it does platforming and combat brilliantly, but thats all it does. Theres a few mini game distractions but theyre hardly anything compelling. So there is a danger of it straying into repetitive territory. But the incredible music, atmosphere, and visuals for me anyway, stop it getting boring.

A 5/10 from EG is yet another joke review from a clown who probably expected there to be team deathmatch in it or something. Youd have to be a seriusly jaded gamer to not appreciate something a bit off the wall like Alice.

for me anyway its the perfect antidote to the countless dudebro grey brown FPSes flooding the market atm

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I went into Gamestop today to get it with the €3 offer, and was told inless it was pre-ordered i wasn't getting it!!! Either it's hugely popular with the Blaas, or they only got in a pre-ordered stock... I'm sad now :(:(:(

• Advertisement

I went into Gamestop today to get it with the €3 offer, and was told inless it was pre-ordered i wasn't getting it!!! Either it's hugely popular with the Blaas, or they only got in a pre-ordered stock... I'm sad now :(:(:(

Whereabouts was the Gamestop? I was in my local Gamestop (just to have a mooch at the case and tease myself knowing that I can't afford it till next week) and I couldn't find any on the selves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Finally starting this now. Been grinding my way through the original since yesterday
    I got the last copy in Kilkenny, got very lucky. They said it was selling pretty well, but they also didn't get in a huge stock

deathrider wrote: »
    Whereabouts was the Gamestop? I was in my local Gamestop (just to have a mooch at the case and tease myself knowing that I can't afford it till next week) and I couldn't find any on the selves.

In City Square, Waterford. I was well sickened!

In City Square, Waterford. I was well sickened!

I'm wondering if this is the case in all the Gamestops across the country?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I ended up having to rent it :mad:

calex71 wrote: »
    I ended up having to rent it :mad:

better than not getting to play it at all

I'm guessing it would be stocked in the likes of HMV and Xtravision too, yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

deathrider wrote: »
    I'm guessing it would be stocked in the likes of HMV and Xtravision too, yeah?

Xtravision was my 2nd stop and how I ended up renting it, no retail stock :confused:

Bizarre!

Anyway can anyone who bought the xbox version check and see if the DLC is playable standalone or you need to start it from the alice disc :confused:

Also I have noticed even if you install on the xbox hard drive the disc spins all the time which is super annoying if it;s as loud as mine :mad:

calex71 wrote: »
    Xtravision was my 2nd stop and how I ended up renting it, no retail stock :confused:

Bizarre!

Hmmm, this is strange. Hopefully when the retailers cop that the game is doing well, theyh'll stock up on it and we can all get out grubby little hands on a copy :D

• Advertisement

Helix wrote: »
    better than not getting to play it at all

x2

Advertisement