Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway GAA discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Brian Concannon after getting straight red, that will rule him out for Sunday week i presume?

Brutal decision based on an over reaction. Linesman shouldn't get a game again.

But why put yourself into that position.

Game over now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Concannon deserved his red. Headless behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

He deserved it. Jesus you can't do what he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭donnem33

Unbelievably stupid by Concannon...in saying that the way the tipp guy went down I thought there was a sniper in the crowd. He hit him no harder than nearly all the tipp players who shouldered into their opponents after scoring a point.

Looks game over now. Galway very wasteful in the first half - lot of very bad wides

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

Game over now.

Linesman shouldn't get a game again...

That wouldn't be one of those over reactions though?

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Ompala

Game over now.
    100% a red card, doesn't matter how hard you strike.

Call me a pessimist, but I still don't think its game over yet....maybe its just the way Tipp have been this year :P

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

Linesman shouldn't get a game again...

That wouldn't be one of those over reactions though?

Thoroughly deserved red. Pure stupidity.

Mac_Lad71 wrote: »
    Thoroughly deserved red. Pure stupidity.

Think you're preaching to the converted!

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

That red card for the Tipp player is one of the worst decisions you'll ever see. Sean Cleere is an absolute joke of a ref.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

A ref leveling things up if ever I saw it. Incredibly harsh on the tipp lad

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭eigrod

BoroMan32 wrote: »
    That red card for the Tipp player is one of the worst decisions you'll ever see. Sean Cleere is an absolute joke of a ref.

Awful decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

Game is over as a contest. Pity.

Keeper certainly felt it - doubt it's embarrassment. Didn't look like much - but, the keeper had to be taken off...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

BoroMan32 wrote: »

It wouldn't even be free out in a senior game let alone a sending off.
    Has to be overturned if Tipp reach the final.

washman3 wrote: »

I hope so for the young lads sake

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭HenrysLeftHand

I think it was his own hurl that caught him on his head

I agree absolutely it shouldn't be a red card - but to be fair there was a lot more force in his strike than for concannons red card. After a sending off like concannons the ref was always going to be looking for a reason to even things up

donnem33 wrote: »
    I agree absolutely it shouldn't be a red card - but to be fair there was a lot more force in his strike than for concannons red card. After a sending off like concannons the ref was always going to be looking for a reason to even things up

Good refs make objective decisions - they don't even it up even if they make a mistake. A weak ref evens things up

Cleere is an awful ref.

• Advertisement

Silly by Galway sub there but a rugby tackle like that deserves more than a yellow

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Scandalous to kick a lad in the balls like that........should be banned for a year for that.

Can’t react like that. Got that one right but overall v poor refereeing

Now that's a red hahaha

Headless..won a free in to bring in back to 3 points and having all the momentum and he does something like that. stupidity of the highest order.

Galway management after the full-time whistle... - wonder where the ill-discipline comes from...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

Some very good performances from some of the Galway lads and I think we were better of going out now but we should have 3 or 4 for the seniors for next year and that is all that these competitions are for

Tipp the better team, can't have any complaints. But discipline left a lot to be desired for!! We had a huge amount of bad wides. It was a pity we didn't play with the same level of urgency in the first half as shown in the second half. Concannon was a massive loss - he had shown glimpses of class in the first half.

None of the players on the senior panel did anything to further their chances of playing sunday week. I was a bit disappointed with Monaghan - I had been perplexed why he wasn't seeing any game time with the seniors but had a poor enough game tonight. Thought it was a strange decision taking off Blehene, he had been winning a lot of possession even if the end product didn't always work out.

Best of luck to tipp in the u21 final

Anyone know what the story will be now with Concannon? Surely because it is a different competition and grade it won't affect him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

Galway management after the full-time whistle... - wonder where the ill-discipline comes from...

Manager went after the referee at the end of the Leinster Final aswell.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement