Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway GAA discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Typical wasters attitude. That's the difference between a poster on Boards and an All-Ireland winner.

You do realise that there were All-Ireland Winners there?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,956 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Typical wasters attitude. That's the difference between a poster on Boards and an All-Ireland winner.

:rolleyes: sure it is ....we were acutally talking about the galway footballbers too;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

You do realise that there were All-Ireland Winners there?
    You do realise we're talking about the Galway football team?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

If you can't see the irony in your own post I'm not going to spell it out for you. Best of luck in the final :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭h2005

This post can’t be serious 😂😂😂😂

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

If you can't see the irony in your own post I'm not going to spell it out for you. Best of luck in the final :)
    No worries... just do us all a favour and take out the Dubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

No worries... just do us all a favour and take out the Dubs.

Haha lol rofl lmao

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

Hear it will be James McGrath for the final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 GiraffeOnFire

Kevin Walsh, the head honcho, has two All Ireland medals more than you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭flatty

It's a great time to be a galway gaa fan. The very best of times. Two teams who will go out on shoulders, or on their shield. What more could you want?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Woodbrook80

My nephew is on the 21 panel best of luck to them we can have 3 teams in the finals

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

My nephew is on the 21 panel best of luck to them we can have 3 teams in the finals

We've a great chance on Wednesday.

meriwether wrote:
    We've a great chance on Wednesday.

I agree. Worry about the final though if we can get to it. This Cork teams looks like another exceptional team Galway could run into. Tipperary 09 and the recent Waterford and Limerick teams spring to mind. But it would be great to have minor U21 and senior in an All Ireland Finals.

I agree. Worry about the final though if we can get to it. This Cork teams looks like another exceptional team Galway could run into. Tipperary 09 and the recent Waterford and Limerick teams spring to mind. But it would be great to have minor U21 and senior in an All Ireland Finals.

The momentum to do the treble will see us over the line in the U21 final.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

Prediction for final......

LK 2-28 Galway 1-31 with Galway to sneak it in replay 2-23 to 1-24.......canning to get mom and hoty awards

• Registered Users Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭threeball

Road-Hog wrote: »
    Prediction for final......

LK 2-28 Galway 1-31 with Galway to sneak it in replay 2-23 to 1-24.......canning to get mom and hoty awards

If Galway win, Padraig Mannion is a shoe in for HOTY. He's been immense.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

The Canning effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

A clare man here. First off congrats and best of luck in the final. I'll be hoping ye win and I think ye will.

The clare side of things is being well discussed on other threads and no need for it here.

Just a note on Canning though. I think we saw a side of him Sunday that we haven't seen before and, in my opinion, it was a great side to see from a Galway point of view. He crossed the line several times and was like a man possessed. It was as if he said to himself I got bullied around the field the last day and it won't happen today. From the off he was giving Cleary loads of it and he kept it going right the way through to even his interview at the end! That's the attitude you need from your big players to get you over the line in tricky situations.

He's as good a hurler if not the best that I have seen since I can remember hurlers from around the late 80's.

Would of preferred someone else other than Owens as ref.

DVDM93 wrote: »
    The Canning effect.

For which an infraction was given against Canning.

• Advertisement

Would of preferred someone else other than Owens as ref.

I'd prefer John Kiely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

threeball wrote: »
    If Galway win, Padraig Mannion is a shoe in for HOTY. He's been immense.

I was surprised he wasn't nominated for man-of-the-match. Consistently excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

Does anyone know if you be able to pay at the gate in limerick tomorrow evening for U21s or do you need to bring a ticket?

El festino wrote:
    Does anyone know if you be able to pay at the gate in limerick tomorrow evening for U21s or do you need to bring a ticket?

You can pay at the gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭kala85

meriwether wrote: »
    I'd prefer John Kiely.

He did a good job of calling for hawk eye in the semi final!!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭wonder88

In relation to traffic, I got bus to Limerick and train across to Thurles and it worked fine. Did same for Kilkenny reply as getting tired of driving the fairly poor roads down there. I heard that the barrier on the motorway tunnel in Limerick was lifted, so things could have been even worse.
    Game should have been in Croke Park and it was noticeable that Galway fans were arriving late, but I have to say the atmosphere was great. We were outnumbered by 3 to 1, I would estimate. Plenty of tickets available around the ground, another example of the poor organisation of this fixture.
    For me the crucial difference was the number and type of wides Clare had. Us Galway folk can understand how the banner fans feel as Galway hurlers have come up short often due to the same factors. Sign of a good team etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Redo91

Any idea when clubs will start having member draws for tickets? In previous years they have taken place the Friday of the weekend before but I know it could be different now with a quicker turnaround between the semi and final.

Galway Vs Tipperary U21 put back 15mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

Galway Vs Tipperary U21 put back 15mins

Galway massive favourites but in a bit of trouble.

• Advertisement

Galway massive favourites but in a bit of trouble.

Goal hasn't helped. Breeze is very strong though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement